You may know know about Laas geel, what about Dhaymoole/DhagaxKureh/Dhambalin iyo DhagaxNabiGalay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garaad Darawiish

Astra incliant sed non obligant
https://tvergasteinjournal.wordpress.com/peter-gufu-oba-rock-art-pastoralists-in-the-horn-of-africa/

"During the Neolithic period called Bovidian, the styles of the rock art enable various interpretations based on the depiction of livestock species such as ovids (goats) and capris (sheep) and Bovin (cattle). By about 8000 BP, the depictions in the rock art were mainly of ovicaprids and cattle.[49] The rock artists were predominantly concerned with the sources of their food during each period. Thus, the shift from the Paleolithic phase, which represented the hunter foragers, to Neolithic developments, which represented pastoralists, show shifts in food sources and society responses to climate and environmental changes.[50] The domestication of Bos primigenius (primitive cow) expanded into the Nile valley about 7000 BP;[51] this was the ancestor of the cattle breeds Bos taurus (the humpless long horned) and Bos indicus (the humped short horned zebu). Bos taurus was common during the humid phase of the climate, while Bos indicus became prominent with increased aridity. The depictions show that the rock art serves as a slow cinematic sequence of pastoral evolution to climate change, even when data from a single site is scrutinized. In particular, the gradual disappearance of Bos taurus and the popularity of Bos indicus in rock art sites strongly imply environmental adaptation since Bos indicus had better thirst tolerance than its predecessor. The camel was introduced later than the bovids during periods of increased aridity. [52] From the rock art across the region archaeologists have pieced together the regional migration patterns of the rock art pastoralists."

Hunter/forager/gatherer = Khoisan/Midgaan. Note that camels came much later and their depiction could indicate the presence of Samaales in the area, say after the 12th-13th centuries. Rock art is notoriously difficult to date.

The rock art pastoralists covered southern Arabia and most of Ethiopia. The article is well worth reading in its entirety.
Sxb I'm guessing ur madhibaan. I saw a memeber on Somali net with the exact alias as u 'grant'. Are u tumaal or madhibaan? Where do u live? Do gabooye have a town they are majority in? Why don't u guys take arms and form a federal state?

:) I am Anglo-German. I am also the Grant on Somnet.

I don't know about a separate state, but the Madhibaan might get some place better if they organized. Recognizing they are not Samaale is a beginning.

Garaad Darawiish

Astra incliant sed non obligant
:) I am Anglo-German. I am also the Grant on Somnet.

I don't know about a separate state, but the Madhibaan might get some place better if they organized. Recognizing they are not Samaale is a beginning.
Yeah u said u were madhibaan on Somali net
Are u or not? Be proud and which part of Somalia do ur family haIL from.

Ummm, no. I taught English in Jilib. That is me holding the flag.

upload_2017-3-30_6-57-5.png

What are there characteristics are they nice are they stingy etc

Samaales are born linguists and huge xenophobes. They love conspiracies and are fond of blaming everyone but themselves. The role that qabiil plays in Samaale life cannot be overemphasized. Most Samaales are not above taqiyya. when it comes to history, politics and clan behavior. The unity of the Kacaan period may well be an aberration.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Samaales are born linguists and huge xenophobes. They love conspiracies and are fond of blaming everyone but themselves. The role that qabiil plays in Samaale life cannot be overemphasized. Most Samaales are not above taqiyya. when it comes to history, politics and clan behavior. The unity of the Kacaan period may well be an aberration.
What's with your use of the term "Samaale" instead of "Somali"?
I've never heard of that word.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP

Now that's just downright insulting :icon lol:

What's with your use of the term "Samaale" instead of "Somali"?
I've never heard of that word.

A "Somali" is an inhabitant of Somalia. A "Samaale" is a descendant or shegato of the Cushitic clans that now form the "4" of the 4.5 system. The Samaale do not include the Eyle or Gaboye, the Gabaweyn, Shabelli or Shidle, the Mushunguli or the Gosha. They do not include the Galgala or the Cadcads, the Bajuni or the Barawanni. They are the Laandheer clans, in historical and archaeological parlance, the descendants of the "proto-Sam".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samaale

Samaale and Sab were the sons of Hiil. While the sons of Sab are relatively sedentary and speak Maay, the sons of Samaale are nomads and speak Maxatiri dialects.

A "Somali" is an inhabitant of Somalia. A "Samaale" is a descendant or shegato of the Cushitic clans that now form the "4" of the 4.5 system. The Samaale do not include the Eyle or Gaboye, the Gabaweyn, Shabelli or Shidle, the Mushunguli or the Gosha. They do not include the Galgala or the Cadcads, the Bajuni or the Barawanni. They are the Laandheer clans, in historical and archaeological parlance, the descendants of the "proto-Sam".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samaale

Samaale and Sab were the sons of Hiil. While the sons of Sab are relatively sedentary and speak Maay, the sons of Samaale are nomads and speak Maxatiri dialects.
Do you honestly believe in this Sab and Samaale nonesense? People claim Hill came from Arabia. Thats bullll.

We are the original Berber people of North East Africa as are these so called Sab clans. We share a common root and speak the same language with diff dialects.
The majority of us are all Somali ethnically, the minorities have their own ethnic names (i.e Bantu, Barwaani etc). We prefer to be called by our ethnic name-Somali.

Do you honestly believe in this Sab and Samaale nonesense? People claim Hill came from Arabia. Thats bullll.

We are the original Berber people of North East Africa as are these so called Sab clans. We share a common root and speak the same language with diff dialects.
The majority of us are all Somali ethnically, the minorities have their own ethnic names (i.e Bantu, Barwaani etc). We prefer to be called by our ethnic name-Somali.

To be fair, there is evidence to support some Cushitic people lived in the Arabian peninsula long before the Semites arrived. It doesn't mean they descend from Arabs. So maybe if there is a story about 'Hiil' being from Arabia, it might not be completely based on fiction.:ohno:

Luna,

That you have made the connection to the Berbers gives me hope you will eventually see the truth in the rest of what I have to say. The fables that were told at the time of independence to promote unity and nationalism have already come largely unglued. The DNA studies have shown the Samaales are not Arabs, as claimed. The language studies have shown multiple Mahaa dialects as well as the not-mutually-intelligible Maay language, which was finally recognized as a separate official Somali language at the Mbegathi Peace Conference, giving the lie to the notion all Somalis speak the same language. Taken together, the Gosha and Madowweyn, number well over a million. The numbers of the other minorities are unknown because of a lack of any true census and because they are subsumed by others as shegatos or otherwise suppressed. Some, like the Yibir and Madhibaan, are aware of their histories and are organizing. Here is a 2016 statement from the Shidle:

http://www.jowhar.com/2016/10/15/de...ty-hiran-and-middle-shabelle-state-formation/

"Shiidle is always peaceful clan and always supporting this state formation believing that the process is fair, impartial and transparent but it is obviously not at all. We are deceived. We are now fighting for our rights and fair share and we will never give up until we get our rights. Shiidle is a very dominant clan in Middle Shablee and their rights cannot be denied. We will never accept, in a very clear and loud voice, undermining us as well as the attempt to eradicate us within the very large and productive territory we occupy. This has already happened in all other States where Madowweyne Community – the psychological minority are nothing in those States. We can no longer accept giving everything to clans from one Community. This State is the last one where we have to get our rights and opportunity otherwise we assume as deliberate political elimination of indigenous tribes and their history in Somali territory. We are not immigrants and cannot be treated as immigrants. We own the land."

Notice the use of the word "indigenous". These folks are discovering their history and will not be put down. It is a separate history from Samaales, and it is high time the Samaales recognized the fact. The Somali people are NOT all the same and it is becoming increasingly necessary to be able to distinguish among them. I will continue using the term "Samaale".

Status
Not open for further replies.