Yemenis used to make jokes about Somalia’s famine in 2011 and now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ape

Study Sunt Tzu’s, ‘Art of War’.
How is it sick?

When Somalia was going through a madness not a single country helped it. Unless a Muslim empire is established, I don’t see the need to follow the idea of one ummah.

Btw can I ask if you know what’s going on in the Central African Republic?
Be ashamed. To laugh at children and families the same religion as you is disgusting. How dare you. I dont like arabs a lot but to say things do bad about children starving is the act of shaitan. You shouldnt target the miskeen.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
Be ashamed. To laugh at children and families the same religion as you is disgusting. How dare you. I dont like arabs a lot but to say things do bad about children starving is the act of shaitan. You shouldnt target the miskeen.

I wasn’t laughing. And I don’t think anyone was, if they said they were laughing it was out of anger or to make a point.

However you should be ashamed that you feel the need to shame people for laughing. You shouldn’t care about what’s happening to non Somalis.

Ape

Study Sunt Tzu’s, ‘Art of War’.
I wasn’t laughing. And I don’t think anyone was, if they said they were laughing it was out of anger or to make a point.

However you should be ashamed that you feel the need to shame people for laughing. You shouldn’t care about what’s happening to non Somalis.
Of course i care about somalis. I gave money to those starving in 2011. But this issue is worse. The Yemenis are suffering worse than somalis with a nation wide cholera outbreak. Words dont matter to me. If they are suffering you should make dua for them

I don’t disagree with the concept of one ummah, but it just doesn’t exist right now.

For example, you know what’s happening in Syria, Yemen and you probably support the whole free Palestine movement. At the same time, you have no clue that Muslims are being ethnically cleansed in the Central African Republic.

Do you now see the problem with the one ummah concept that exists now?

I’m expected to feel compassionate towards people who already have a voice within the ummah and I 100% agree that Islam isn’t based of Arab supremacy but Muslims have, I don’t know the reason, evolved into Arab supremacists.

I’m sorry if I support the equality of turning a bling eye on both plights. No one cares about the Central African Republic, but they do care about Syria and Palestine.

And as someone who thinks this is wrong, I have decided not to care about the plight of any Muslims unless they are Somali. I don’t think what I’m doing is wrong tbh.

Btw, where are you from?

I do agree that Muslims are divided. It is frustrating, I think.

Of course I feel strongly about Yemen. My masjid is run by Yemeni people and they are loving, kind, pious people and I love them. If you came to my masjid and you hung out with the Yemeni women, I'm sure you'd love them. I have had Yemenis treat me with such kindness and I hope I never forget their kind treatment of me.

When I first took my Shahadah, it was a kind old Yemeni man who had me take my Shahadah. He saw me in the masjid and I had no idea about pretty much anything Islam-related. I was simply trying to learn and I was very clueless. I knew very little about Islam but I wanted to learn. This very kind old Yemeni man found out I had not taken the Shahadah and he had me take the Shahadah in front of the people in the masjid. It was something I think I'll never forget. The people there are so kind to me. I love those people.

Therefore I cannot take sides against Yemenis and for Somalis, nor against Somalis and for Yemenis. I am for Somalis and I am for Yemenis and I cannot be against either.

Can a person be only for one of the two?

If a person has children- should they only have one child? If someone has five children- does each child only receive a fifth of their love and so only one child they should have? Or can a person have more than one child and love more than one child?

Being for Somalis doesn't mean having to be against others.

Also, I think I agree with your basic cause. I think it is how you wish to carry it out which I disagree with.

I think that your grievance is Africans- including Somalis- being marginalized.

I think this is a legitimate thing to be concerned about. I think you have a noble cause.

However, I think one should consider the ends and the means. The ends can be noble but the means can contradict the nobility of the cause.

My family is from Mexico, I was born in the United States. I'd like to give an example. I used to be part of a Chicano group on Facebook. I was really upset when I saw one of the people in the group post racist stuff against blacks. I don't remember if I denounced it. I hope I denounced it.

My thing is this- if Somalis don't stick up for Somalis, who will stick up for Somalis? Do you know what's happening in Vietnam right now? I have no idea what's going on in Vietnam. Obviously I think, Vietnamese must stick up for Vietnamese. There are hundreds if not thousands of nationalities. No one can possibly keep up with all of them and to really understand their affairs you need to know their languages. That's unrealistic for one person. So therefore, I think it's perfectly legitimate for Mexicans to stick up for Mexicans. So I agree with the basic cause of the Chicano group. I think the cause is perfectly legit (especially in Trump era).

However, in seeking to uphold the dignity of Mexicans- is it just for that person to have made racist remarks about blacks? Of course not! I apologize if I am being overly Mexican-centric, I am simply going off what I know: I want to discuss a little about José Vasconcelos, who was a philosopher and theorist of Mexican nationalism and who has influenced my thinking on nationalism in general. If you're interested insha'Allah I can translate for you some material he wrote on nationalism (this particular material is on nationalism in general and not really specifically on Mexican nationalism) that isn't available in English.

Anyways, there was this very famous book he wrote called La raza cósmica. This is a very interesting book imo for anyone interested in Mexican culture. It was extremely influential and influential to this day. Anyways, he argued that we as Mexicans and I think Latin Americans in general are forced to adopt nationalism in order to deal with the imperialist Yankee (US) threat. I agree and I think Trump has proved him right (nearly 100 years later!).

He was a great theorist of nationalism imo and I support nationalism because of him. He argued for a very beautiful nationalism imo. He was saying we should have a nationalism which does not exclude people. We should accept all races and we should love ourselves but that we should not exclude other races or mistreat other races. He mixed this with some.... umm..... "interesting" theories about Latin Americans being "the Bronze race," "the Cosmic race," I think "the fifth race" and some stuff which may seem weird to people.... he also claimed that black people are spiritually gifted and I think claimed specifically that black people are more spiritually gifted than whites.... and I think he sort of claimed white people are primitive... I'm trying not to laugh heh..... but anyways, I need to talk not so much about all this as this is a Somali forum.... (also I apologize for the post being long- I'm on my laptop and I type quick- I usually post on my phone)..... but anyways what I think is important and of universal significance is the concept of embracing nationalism without being discriminatory against others. I don't view it as a cop-out at all. Vasconcelos saw it as we are at a sort of war with Yankee imperialists.... and that this was spiritual.... Mexican culture might be seem weird to people.... anyways, part of this conflict was that we must defeat the Yankee imperialists on a spiritual level... that we must be higher than them spiritually.... as Vasconcelos saw it the Yankees were materialists who were technologically advanced but spiritually lacking.... and that we must overcome them in part by being more advanced spiritually and that part of this entailed that... even though Yankee aggression forced us to adopt patriotism.... that we made sure we adopted a form of nationalism which did not exclude others.... it is complex (more complex than I've conveyed) and sort of hard to explain but hopefully you can see what I hope insha'Allah has universal significance for patriots of any nationality...

anyways I apologize for such a long post but you are very intelligent and you bring up very interesting issues so it's hard not to wish to go in-depth as you bring up deep issues

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Some Yemenis are naturally dark-skinned without Bantu or Akhdam input. Like this Socotran man for example, he could pass for Somali:
IMG_6357.jpg
That guy probably is somali if he's from socotra there are somalis living there

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Nothing is wrong with them it's just that we need to stop treating them like royalty in our own land when they wouldn't treat us the same in their lands. Treat your own fellow tribes well before you extend your arm to foreigners!
But they aren't treated as royalty so what's your problem with them it seems nonexistent.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
You guys need help wallahi like seriously how does making fun of a starving child make anything right

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh):
“Whoever wishes to be delivered from the fire and to enter Paradise”¦should treat the people as he wishes to be treated.” (Sahih Muslim)

“None of you truly believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself”(Forty Hadith-Nawawi)"

May Allah forgives anyone of you who think this is funny. @Daughter of samaale @NA9
And I hope no one thinks this thread is a representation of us

You think Allah will dismiss your actions just because someone else did the same. No we're all going to stand their alone and I for one don't think this is worth risking my akhirah for.
Would you be happy when those who made fun of somalis starving go to hell and you go with them for doing the same.
We don't live and do our good actions to other muslims because we love them we do it for the love of Allah that tells us that we should love our muslim brother and sisters.
You can't force someone else to listen to Allahs words but you can.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
@Blade1 i never said it was funny, first of all. Secondly, all those who are saying it’s funny, I can reassure you that they don’t actually find it funny and they are saying it out of anger.

If you consider our unique history and the plights Somalis have gone through, no one has helped us and I understand why they didn’t.

Now can you understand that, as a Somali I don’t care what is happening for others who aren’t Somali. I’m not supporting the oppression of Muslims nor am I oppressing them myself. So what exactly am I doing that’s haram?

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
IF THERE WAS A FAMINE IN SOUTH AFRICA, I PROMISE 99% OF BOOTYCLAPPERS ON HERE WOULD BE LAUGHING AND SAYING ITS WELL DESERVED AFTER WHAT THEY DID TO US.
Yet when we laugh at Yemenis, who abused us, raped our women and treated Somali refugees worse than DOGS, we are ‘taking things too far..’:gaasdrink:

I don't think we should make fun of either situation. Instead, spare your empathy for elsewhere. Not caring and actively gloating are two different things.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Yemenis are more noble than Somalis. We as Somalis are the last people to make fun of others.

@Blade1 i never said it was funny, first of all. Secondly, all those who are saying it’s funny, I can reassure you that they don’t actually find it funny and they are saying it out of anger.

If you consider our unique history and the plights Somalis have gone through, no one has helped us and I understand why they didn’t.

Now can you understand that, as a Somali I don’t care what is happening for others who aren’t Somali. I’m not supporting the oppression of Muslims nor am I oppressing them myself. So what exactly am I doing that’s haram?
People helped Somalia that's what you don't understand millions of dollars were sent to help from masjids all over the world their used to be a donation for starving Somali children in many mosques around the Muslim world. At every jumaa the imaam would pray allahum insur ekhwnaana fe al somal wa al Iraq. So please don't spread this misinformation that everyone turned a blind eye when that never happened

The Yemenis have settled in Somaliland not Somalia. Who the heck would wanna settle in somalia kkk. Secondly as a lander, i welcome them becAuse A) it shows the Arabs that Somaliland is a better place and B) this is a great opportunity to show them the superiority of the Somali culture and the superiority of the Somaliland system. And Its not just yemenis but All muslim refugees are welcome to Somaliland.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
this is a low blow for some of you there is no time to being making ill jokes and blaming people for a tragic situation. Hunger is the worst form of calamity.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP

Who was making jokes, lmao if you can’t see people were doing it out anger then idk.

And who’s blaming who?
It’s a fact, not a single country, through the history of somaliweyn, has helped us. The ottomans is arguable but why should we become sympathetic towards others?

People like you and @government shouldn’t be judging blm xalimos coz you’re doing the exact same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts