Xalimo Gets Into Prestigious Canadian Medical School

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP

Fatimah Roble, 24, is a member of the group of newly admitted Black medical students, and hopes the new cohort is only the beginning of a larger shift in Canadian health care.

“I think the University of Toronto is definitely taking a step in the right direction by not just promoting diversity but making meaningful and impactful change,”

“I’d like to see other schools follow in their footsteps.”

Mashallah
:rejoice:

Last edited:
There's alot of Nigerians and Ethiopians in these med schools.
Most of the black cohort are overwhelmingly African: Nigerians, surprisingly Ethiopians (most are Christian) and Ghanians. There’s a few Somalis. The U of T initiative seems to be working which is good.

The only concern for me is that graduating black med schools typically go for primary medicine such as Family. I really would love for them to go into the higher paying fields such as Dermatology (super super competitive but the pay is really great) or Radiology or Anesthesiology. The indhoyaars and yahuuds go into those fields, there’s a reason for that.

Most of the black cohort are overwhelmingly African: Nigerians, surprisingly Ethiopians (most are Christian) and Ghanians. There’s a few Somalis. The U of T initiative seems to be working which is good.

The only concern for me is that graduating black med schools typically go for primary medicine such as Family. I really would love for them to go into the higher paying fields such as Dermatology (super super competitive but the pay is really great) or Radiology or Anesthesiology. The indhoyaars and yahuuds go into those fields, there’s a reason for that.
Thats something they need to work on. Typically those placements are competitive which means those other people must be doing better in class.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thats something they need to work on. Typically those placements are competitive which means those other people must be doing better in class.

It’s not just grades. It’s super competitive because there’s so few spots, everyone wants them. Not only that, you need to have research publications, clinical experience, stellar references and other stuff to pad your resume. The states is easier relatively speaking because there’s more spots available.

It’s not just grades. It’s super competitive because there’s so few spots, everyone wants them. Not only that, you need to have research publications, clinical experience, stellar references and other stuff to pad your resume. The states is easier relatively speaking because there’s more spots available.
Well said. And often times it's about who know at those hospitals. :nvjpqts:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Mashallah. The bakhti Jamaican wannabe faraxs of Toronto should stop shooting each other for a moment and take note.

Why claim her as Somali when she abandoned the hijab and claims blacks? Most Western Somali women go to college/university and forsake their deen and culture. They chase dunya over their hereafter.

Majority of our Western Somali guys excel both in this dunya and work towards their path to janah.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
If Toronto is running out of cemetery space it’s prob bc of Corona.
Driftwhat? You actually thought I lived in that dump known as Toronto?
:drakelaugh:
Congrats to her mashallah! I’m glad the North American diaspora is catching up with the uk regarding this :it0tdo8:
Catching up to UK kulaha. Talk to me when you get a qaxooti turned Minister of Immigration.

Last edited:

Trending