Wtf

I told y’all to stop marrying your damn cousins before it gets too late ! Forget about how unfortunate looking your future children will be, it effecting their mental state is even worse.

Screenshot_20230328-041751_Chrome.jpg

(Most of these countries all practice cousin marriage)

giphy (3).gif

Surely cousin marriage is gradually becoming less prevalent as society modernises

I'll marry a woman from the other side of the White Nile in South Sudan

:rejoice:

Last edited:
I told y’all to stop marrying your damn cousins before it gets too late ! Forget about how unfortunate looking your future children will be, it effecting their mental state is even worse.

View attachment 262834

(Most of these countries all practice cousin marriage)
I don’t even think you are an Amhara at this point but a white person, since even amharas like Somalis don’t marry within 7 generations.

One of the few good Nilotic cultural norms is the prohibition against cousin marriage; and your 'cousin' extends to your 8th or 9th cousin, depending on the clan.

One of the few good Nilotic cultural norms is the prohibition against cousin marriage; and your ' cousin' extends to your 8th or 9th cousin, depending on the clan.

we have the same thing , a few coastal clans marry their cousins sometimes but it’s not that common.

you guys have a lot of good cultural norms. Don’t be a self-hater like the white girl above.

we have the same thing , a few coastal clans marry their cousins sometimes but it’s not that common.

you guys have a lot of good cultural norms. Don’t be a self-hater like the white girl above.

Cousin marriage seems to be a Pakistani and Arab problem; most African societies have some kind of stigma against it.

I'm actually a South Sudanese patriot, but I'm a realist.

Last edited:
It is actually quite common, up until last year I came to find out that unfortunately a big amount of somalis back home do it too. Even some diaspora somalis who cannot find appropriate partner in the west go back home to marry their first cousins, granted it isn't as prevalent as in middle Eastern or south Asian cultute but you'll be surprised how common it is.
What do you regard as cousins? People from my clan are considered cousins even tho they’re family friends. 1-3rd generation marriages is what Arab and south asians practice

Yaraye

VIP
I'm not worried about my line. My mother and father aren't related, only in the same tribe. She married him during while fleeing for passport. However all of my mother's siblings married either their relatives. All my 1st cousins are the products of 1st cousins/ distant cousins marrying each other. I'm quite worried about their children looooooool! :mjlol::deadmanny:

What do you regard as cousins? People from my clan are considered cousins even tho they’re family friends. 1-3rd generation marriages is what Arab and south asians practice
Your first cousin... your uncle or aunts child. Let's not act delusional first cousin marriage happens in Somalia too, but as I previously said it isn't as frequent compared to arabs or south Asians.