WTF- I'm lactose intolerant

World

VIP
I think I’m lactose intolerant as well lmao.

Sometimes I don’t feel too well after drinking milk.

Apollo

VIP
Are you guys trolling or for real?

I had almost a liter of milk today (two cappuccino and some with breakfast). :trumpsmirk:

VixR

Veritas
I’m intolerant to milk, and allergic to strawberries and certain other berries (seemingly, per a drink, could’ve been strawberries or been in contact with strawberries).

You ain't the only one.

I became lactose intolerant at 13. It just came randomly. Now I can't eat chocolate or drink anything that contains lactose.

If I do, my stomach rumbles loudly and .. welp let's not go there.

Apollo

VIP
I always feel bloated when I drink milk.

Checked my genome.

Long and behold, I'm intolerant.

LP genes are still not fully mapped. It evolved multiple times in East Africa and there are probably still some SNPs they are missing.

True L-intolerant people get diarrhea-like conditions from milk, not just slight bloated feeling. I have a feeling you aren't truly L-intolerant.

VixR

Veritas
Are you guys trolling or for real?

I had almost a liter of milk today (two cappuccino and some with breakfast). :trumpsmirk:
My dad is like you. Ugh.

He’s the main consumer of milk in the house. I would attribute excessive milk drinking to kids if not for him.

Why would this matter? Lactose intolerance is found everywhere. You guys act like it’s an exacting science or a specific determinant of background.

World

VIP
LP genes are still not fully mapped. It evolved multiple times in East Africa and there are probably still some SNPs they are missing.

True L-intolerant people get diarrhea-like conditions from milk, not just slight bloated feeling. I have a feeling you aren't truly L-intolerant.
I am not true L, but I do have mild lactose intolerance I believe. I can usually drink half a litre of milk a day but if I drink more then I get a lot of gas.

Trending