Would you reject your family member if they left Islam

Would you no longer associate with them ?

• Yes

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • No, they're my family

Votes: 49 59.8%

• Total voters

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
You never know where life takes us, as long as they are respectful, there's no need to cut ties. Keep them close and continue to pray for them :)

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
It’s actually haram to do that I think not sure but Islam is very strict on maintaining kinship and to never cut off your family
Bro……..
Islam doesn’t like apostates. Many madhabs believe they must leave the house.
Kulaha family ties
:deadosama:

Psychologist

Changemaker
@Dwit get a life, I have you on block. Please block me as I don’t want your dislikes
Aren't you the one Giving away dislikes on every comment i make.

2E5667F2-3B05-421C-A1ED-63C07AA0A8EC.jpeg

you alone make up 30 percent of the dislikes I have. Maybe address what I said wrong instead of just disliking it 🐸

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
To all the muslims talking about they are my child, Islamically they would be considered “nullified”. Remember nuh as story? Shat happened to his son? Nuh as asked allah swt to save his family, but not the som because he rejected god, and god said he’s not your family.
:gaasdrink::gaasdrink::gaasdrink::gaasdrink::gaasdrink::gaasdrink::gaasdrink::gaasdrink:

To all the muslims talking about they are my child, Islamically they would be considered “nullified”. Remember nuh as story? Shat happened to his son? Nuh as asked allah swt to save his family, but not the som because he rejected god, and god said he’s not your family.
:gaasdrink::gaasdrink::gaasdrink::gaasdrink::gaasdrink::gaasdrink::gaasdrink::gaasdrink:
Tf do you mean nullified? The kid posses around half of my chromosomes. He is genetically my offspring. You can’t just nullify a whole breathing human being.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I wouldn’t cut ties with them as there is always a possibility for them to return to Islam or at the very least co-existence.

However, if they disrespect my beliefs then they’re cut off.

:manny:

Ngl ive never met an atheist Somali outside of the internet. I think most have enough sense to not be open about it. And they’re hard to distinguish from non practicing somalis that still believe

As for the question people can have sometimes have a crisis in faith especially growing up in a secular country where almost everything is against islam so there’s a good chance they will come back especially if you don’t cut them off completely leaving them in the hands of gaalo. If they’re the “edgy atheist” type I would prob put some distance as I don’t really like those kinds of people but I wouldn’t disown them outright

Honestly, I know these family members that do not pray and quickly change subject whenever you talk about Islam. I guess that's just how your average somali atheist is going to act like.
But if one of my family member straight up told me that he is an atheist I wouldn't care as long as we can coexist.
If it's my son, I would tell him that he can believe whatever he wants to believe because if I force him to go back to Islam, he is just going to act like a muslim in front of me and go out to drink whenever he leaves my house so let's just be honest with people.
However, I would tell him to still keep some islamic values since a lot of them are better than what we have in the west like taking care of your family, live a humble life, giving money to the poor, avoid loans and live with whatever you have in your bank account etc...

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP

Prophet Ibrahim as well, he could not convert his father to Islam.

And what do you assume I look like.....

Cause from your statement it sounds like you’re a bit preoccupied with me and my looks.

:hmm:
I'm not talking about your physical looks, but your views and mentality, if you didn't tell me you were somali I'd believe you were some racially ambiguous and confused kumbaya alphabet gang nigga :susp: