Would you reject your family member if they left Islam

Would you no longer associate with them ?

• Yes

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • No, they're my family

Votes: 49 59.8%

• Total voters

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Islamically, I would keep them away from my kids as you are required to. But I wouldn’t cut them off 100%, shit wouldn’t be the same though.

Calmone20

Formerly CalmOne
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes absolutely fucking YES. It's on-sight wallahi :pacspit:
You think I'm letting some edgy "god is dead" type dickhead anywhere near the family home?
Astaghfirullah. They're your family no matter what. No where in the Quran does it say to disown or kill apostates.

Astaghfirullah. They're your family no matter what. No where in the Quran does it say to disown or kill apostates.
I didn't say anything about killing :ufdup:
I would just ripping punches to their rib-cage so I wouldn't leave any bruises lol. Besides, if they were related to me, they've be IQ enough to realise that being a gaal is inherently unfulfilling/depressing.

Psychologist

Changemaker
How tf is it 50/ 50, are you really going to reject a family member just for someone god you never met? literally there is so many evidence that debunk that claims your god made :gucciwhat: its 21 century, wake tf up and educate yourself. Internet is free
I didn't say anything about killing :ufdup:
I would just ripping punches to their rib-cage so I wouldn't leave any bruises lol. Besides, if they were related to me, they've be IQ enough to realise that being a gaal is inherently unfulfilling/depressing.
that's what you think. We are actually free and more happy. I remember I use to go to sleep every night fearing hell but now i just go to sleep happily :gaasdrink:

it's depressing for those who have to deal with family members like you.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
VIP
No I would not. If your imaan is really strong then nobody can influence you. You gotta be weak as hell if you can't accept people with different beliefs than you.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The chances of this happening are slim for a number of reasons. (1) Non-believers are statistically negligible among Somalis and (2) Its not like they would tell you nor could they be easily distinguished from the religiously less adherent who still believe. And (3) there is no way to tell if this is permenant or a semi-permenant existential crisis. Anyway, I'm not afraid of them nor would their influence make me join them. I would probably inquire why. My only reason for dissassociation would likely be due to disrespect i.e. drinking in my presence or eating pork in an effort to appear symbolically iconoclastic but would rub off as a childish display of rebellion/angst.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I would try to advise them to turn back if they arrogantly refuse I would cut them off and never speak to them again.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
The chances of this happening are slim for a number of reasons. (1) Non-believers are statistically negligible among Somalis and (2) Its not like they would tell you nor could they be easily distinguished from the religiously less adherent who still believe. And (3) there is no way to tell if this is permenant or a semi-permenant existential crisis. Anyway, I'm not afraid of them nor would their influence make me join them. I would probably inquire why. My only reason for dissassociation would likely be due disrespect i.e. drinking in my presence or eating pork in effort to appear symbolically iconoclastic but would rub off as a childish display of rebellion/angst.

There have been some suspected irreligious types in my family or among family friends even among the older generation. Adeers who drink, are never really seen praying or going to the masjid and who get all standoffish if you bring up deen related subjects but nobody has ever dared outright accuse them of apostasy and they'd likely vehemently deny it if you did. If they are atheists they are ultimately private and quiet about it and most of the family doesn't really care as a result.

Trending

Latest posts