Would you reject your family member if they left Islam

Would you no longer associate with them ?

• Yes

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • No, they're my family

Votes: 49 59.8%

• Total voters

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
There have been some suspected irreligious types in my family or among family friends even among the older generation. Adeers who drink, are never really seen praying or going to the masjid and who get all standoffish if you bring up deen related subjects but nobody has ever dared outright accuse them of apostasy and they'd likely vehemently deny it if you did. If they are atheists they are ultimately private and quiet about it and most of the family doesn't really care as a result.

I have noticed these types also. And I wonder if this is a residual of the Kacaan era. Or perhaps prior. What I am aware of is there appeared to be some pressure by the British to minimize the religiousity of some Somalis where even with teachers they would incentivize with greater pay except for religious teachers who were given lower compensation. There were also failed attempts to convert Somalis. These Adeers appear trapped in a time of greater liberalness in Somalia's urban centres. Where western ways (i.e. manner of dress, music etc) were thought of as a sign of culture and worthy of emulation. At least by the culturally naive/ignorant youngsters. Or they may have acquired bad habits abroad while studying. Nonetheless, they are hard to type. I have seen some of these same Adeers become religious when experiencing a personal crisis. What is for sure is most are afraid to ask and they probably would not tell, like you said.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I have noticed these types also. And I wonder if this is a residual of the Kacaan era. Or perhaps prior. What I am aware of is there appeared to be some pressure by the British to minimize the religiousity of some Somalis where even with teachers they would incentivize with greater pay except for religious teachers who were given lower compensation. There were also failed attempts to convert Somalis. These Adeers appear trapped in a time of greater liberalness in Somalia's urban centres. Where western ways (i.e. manner of dress, music etc) were thought of as a sign of culture and worthy of emulation. At least by the culturally naive/ignorant youngsters. Or they may have acquired bad habits abroad while studying. Nonetheless, they are hard to type. I have seen some of these same Adeers become religious when experiencing a personal crisis. What is for sure is most are afraid to ask and they probably would not tell, like you said.

Spot on, I think. Some of these adeers that I have some history on were indeed either educated abroad like in the USSR or Italy during the kacaan era or were just generally known to be very westernized playboy types before the civil war in cities like Xamar.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes absolutely fucking YES. It's on-sight wallahi :pacspit:
You think I'm letting some edgy "god is dead" type dickhead anywhere near the family home?

Yes, you leave the deen you leave the fam. If you cared you would keep that down low

is That a serious question? Op look at the qabiil section on this site and how users are so psychopathic and then try to answer your question. They will probably lynch their offspring.

for me, he/she can worship a donkey if they want. They will always remain my offspring. Religion is very personal matter and I intend to keep it that way.

Psychologist

Changemaker
There have been some suspected irreligious types in my family or among family friends even among the older generation. Adeers who drink, are never really seen praying or going to the masjid and who get all standoffish if you bring up deen related subjects but nobody has ever dared outright accuse them of apostasy and they'd likely vehemently deny it if you did. If they are atheists they are ultimately private and quiet about it and most of the family doesn't really care as a result.
I have a family member that when they get mad they cuss god but next minute he is telling me to pray :deadpeter:

Psychologist

Changemaker
is That a serious question? Op look at the qabiil section on this site and how users are so psychopathic and then try to answer your question. They will probably lynch their offspring.

for me, he/she can worship a donkey if they want. They will always remain my offspring. Religion is very personal matter and I intend to keep it that way.
Literally, have seen that mfs who use war crimes in FKD "we kill your people and push them away from their land" Too many losers on this site.

And most of them live in the west but still act this way. they have failed to educate themselves. internet is free

How tf is it 50/ 50, are you really going to reject a family member just for someone god you never met? literally there is so many evidence that debunk that claims your god made :gucciwhat: its 21 century, wake tf up and educate yourself. Internet is free

that's what you think. We are actually free and more happy. I remember I use to go to sleep every night fearing hell but now i just go to sleep happily :gaasdrink:

it's depressing for those who have to deal with family members like you.
Get a load of this guy lol. Yeah sxb, I'm sure you're perfectly content staring into the abyss every night. Hope breaking mother's heart into billion pieces was worth it abti:heh:

Last edited:
Literally, have seen that mfs who use war crimes in FKD "we kill your people and push them away from their land" Too many losers on this site.

And most of them live in the west but still act this way. they have failed to educate themselves. internet is free
Wallahi, I saw a thread I can’t find right now celebrating the starving of kids from certain clan. The same dudes are trying to play the high moral ground card.

Psychologist

Changemaker
Get a load of this guy lol. Yeah sxb, I'm sure your perfectly content and "happy" staring into the abyss every night. Hope breaking mother's heart into billion pieces was worth it abti:heh:
what? Are you mad we are free and you are not?

benefits of being free

-You go to sleep without fearing hell or death
-You live your life without worrying about what god to please
- No hell or heaven. you are just going to die in peace
-You are free and educate.

I know this sounds like heaven but this is reality. Yall are missing out

what? Are you mad we are free and you are not?

benefits of being free

-You go to sleep without fearing hell or death
-You live your life without worrying about what god to please
- No hell or heaven. you are just going to die in peace
-You are free and educate.

I know this sounds like heaven but this is reality. Yall are missing out
  • You are free and educate
  • Ya'll
Way to drop the ball on that one chief. Good back to watching Gad Saad videos sxb :mjlol:

GemState

36/21
VIP
A person that comes out as gaal has more respect from me than the Muslim that drinks, has premarital sex and never prays, but is too afraid to say what they actually think.

I'd still never talk to them though

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
There are people back home who are naturally like that tbh and even go as far as insulting Islam but they usually come from the lower class and tend to be very poor.

No. This world has gone mad. I would stay close to them support them in every way i can except in their disbelieve of Allah. People we are living in a confusing times isolating them will cause more harm than good.

It’s actually haram to do that I think not sure but Islam is very strict on maintaining kinship and to never cut off your family

Trending

Latest posts