Would you rather be hated by everyone or loved by everyone?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I am usually well loved and draw members of my human race to me like bees to nectar. It is most unfortunate. They often force the role of leader upon me inevitably and I reluctantly accept for I know no man is better suited which delays my dreams of living out a simple life in the mountains. Tis the dilemma.

Dean Winchester Facepalm GIF

AbdiFreedom

Humiliator in Chief
Staff Member
I know a guy who used to work in Somalia for the UN and he said he was once in a seminar or something like that where the white instructor told those in attendance that if you are kidnapped by the pirates or rebel group, don't show fear and give them some attitude. They will respect you and they wont kill you. They know that they are the ones who have tied you up and with the weapons and preventing you from leaving when you're an innocent person so they are aware they are in the wrong. Showing no fear and giving them limited lip and telling them to shoot you puts them in their place. If you cry and show fear, game over.

It's kind of a silly question. You have to be willing to be hated because you stand for what is right regardless of whether it is popular. But you aren't supposed to be wanting to be hated just for its own sake. Obviously, it would be better to be loved by everyone. But in reality if you stand for what is right you will be hated to some extent and you have to be willing to accept that.

It's kind of a silly question. You have to be willing to be hated because you stand for what is right regardless of whether it is popular. But you aren't supposed to be wanting to be hated just for its own sake. Obviously, it would be better to be loved by everyone. But in reality if you stand for what is right you will be hated to some extent and you have to be willing to accept that.
But this is in an imaginary world, so if everyone loved me, everyone would love the truth and be Muslim, therefore its both good for me and other ppl

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I know a guy who used to work in Somalia for the UN and he said he was once in a seminar or something like that where the white instructor told those in attendance that if you are kidnapped by the pirates or rebel group, don't show fear and give them some attitude. They will respect you and they wont kill you. They know that they are the ones who have tied you up and with the weapons and preventing you from leaving when you're an innocent person so they are aware they are in the wrong. Showing no fear and giving them limited lip and telling them to shoot you puts them in their place. If you cry and show fear, game over.

This is a lie. I was once kidnapped by such chaps. I cried, I pissed meself, I begged and unleashed all kinds of unsightly balaayo. In the end they were so disgusted that they gave me back for free.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Choose your answers wisely. I wanna be loved but I also wanna be hated :mjlaugh:

Loved of course. Even if they don't really love me, at least they wont hate. Hate is active. Love inactive.

But this is in an imaginary world, so if everyone loved me, everyone would love the truth and be Muslim, therefore its both good for me and other ppl

well that is what is sort of silly about the question. the age-old issue of whether you should be loved or not is about whether you are willing to be hated because you stand for what is right.

I mean for example this is basically a lot of the basis of Christianity. Jesus (peace be upon him) supposedly gets crucified because he stood for the truth.

but yes without this element of standing for what is right and being persecuted for some higher cause, obviously it would be better to be loved by everybody.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Hated by everyone easily, why would you want a bunch of yes men around you

Atleast the hate will help me grow more, the over love will make you feel too comfortable

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
Hated by everyone easily, why would you want a bunch of yes men around you

Atleast the hate will help me grow more, the over love will make you feel too comfortable

I get this feeling too sometimes.

especially when I was a teen.

people that gassed you are more likely to make you feel egotistical while the people that hates will humble you at times or make you reflect your action.

but it depends on the individual and the context.

we all don’t want to be hated but loved or respected.

if you look at the Biblical references: Jesus was condemned by his views.

the hate was due to his belief alone but not out of the individual. This hate is what we all call prejudice views; the Jewish rabbis thought he’ll change their religion: this fictitious conspiracy they’ve conspired brought through his crucifixion.

Hate can not only bring Prejudiced views or ignorance; but also envy.

So really I’ll take @Nilotic post on this:
I'd rather be respected by everyone instead of loved or hated.

Because at least with respect is earned: love bring nothing to the table.

I am usually well loved and draw members of my human race to me like bees to nectar. It is most unfortunate. They often force the role of leader upon me inevitably and I reluctantly accept for I know no man is better suited which delays my dreams of living out a simple life in the mountains. Tis the dilemma.

Dean Winchester Facepalm GIF

Thee shall be loved by all. But don’t forget it’s okay to be loved though you should never love all :mjlaugh:
This is a lie. I was once kidnapped by such chaps. I cried, I pissed meself, I begged and unleashed all kinds of unsightly balaayo. In the end they were so disgusted that they gave me back for free.

:dead:

Trending