Would you marry your cousin?

Would you marry your cousin

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
I would never. Not only is it disgusting but the children can have severe defects.

I watched that programme and it made me extremely sad to see how those children suffer. People who get married to their cousins and continue to have disabled children should be locked up for child abuse.

Also please don't tell me that this doesn't happen in Somali communities I personally know a Somali family that have 3 generations of cousin marriages going. It may not be common but it does happen.

Last edited:
No :susp: Not only can your child have severe defects but it's just nasty af. The male cousins that I know are like brothers to me, I could never entertain the thought of that:hova:

it doesn't cause defects, don't you people know anything about biology:bell: It it increases your chance of inheriting certain genes since you have less back up ones....

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
it doesn't cause defects, don't you people know anything about biology:bell: It it increases your chance of inheriting certain genes since you have less back up ones....
A higher chance of inheriting more recessive genes pretty much.
In terms of DNA shared you share WAY less with your first cousin than say a sibling but the risk is still increased.
Second cousins are even less related to you so in terms of genetics that should be even safer.

So I'll be my children's uncle as well as their father? Are you nuts?

Also, if I've to have kids, I'd rather have healthy ones, thank you. :icon mrgreen:

I wouldn't do it because of the increased risk of lowered intelligence and medical issues in the offspring, but not because the West deems it 'nasty' and 'incestual'. I find nothing strange and repulsive about feeling attracted to a cousin of yours whom you haven't grown up with and barely know.

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes
No because:
  • It's your cousin
  • It's your cousin
  • Once again, it's your cousin
  • If you have marital problems then the whole family would know.

Apollo

VIP

Not individually, but if it becomes an accepted norm it will cause degeneration of the population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending