Would you ever agree to this living arrangement

Status
Not open for further replies.

World

VIP
That’s only because they didn’t have enough space to have private bedrooms
Then why did the rest of the world have the decency to have sex in private?

Having sex in front of your family was simply not seen as a taboo in Europe during those times.

It works for many people.

I tried it and all hell broke lose!

If you’re wife yells at you infront if your months, it’s the most awkward feeling ever.

A lot of South Asian Muslims have Hindu culture instilled in them. The girl once married belongs to her husband and his family. The in-laws become her new parents, literally.

Even if her parents are of age, she can't look after them. She should be busy massaging the feet of her new parents.

If her parents are lucky enough to have sons of their own when married, they can bring brides to look after them. If they don't have sons there's no one to look after them.

This is why they sob during the wedding like someone died.

In Islam your parents have rights upon you whether you are a daughter or son, married or single. Your parents duas can take you to jannah, not your in-laws.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
I can imagine it :manny:

After a ku aasin session I come out to the living room and I see my father in law watching some highlights of EPL games. I
walk up to him and ask what's the score big fella?

Anigu I just knocked the dust of koox boota ah 7-1:lolbron: :mjlaugh:

He looks at me like
:ohlord: :ohhhdamn:

I'm like :mjhaps:

I Call my girl and tell her to get us shaah
While we'e both watching the games.
I'm chillin like :sass2::mjswag::mjhaps:

While the oday :birdman::susp:

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Living with your in laws.

In the sub continent and parts of asia it's common for a man to move his new bride to his parents house instead of moving out.

You wake up in the morning and cook breakfast for your husband and his whole family and clean up after them

You can't make any purchasing/household decisions they don't like because its in laws house. Your husband can't either because it's technically not his house

The crowded feeling.

Sounds terrible but it saves them lots of money.

So glad we don't have this in our culture :whew:
"So glad we don't have this in our culture "
Lol many of my childhood friends were born and fed in their grandparents house. Even the mothers of 2 of my closest friends lived with their in laws. This lifestyle is quiet common among somalis.

Sucaad

Biracial with no Qabil

In the sub continent and parts of asia it's common for a man to move his new bride to his parents house instead of moving out.

You wake up in the morning and cook breakfast for your husband and his whole family and clean up after them

You can't make any purchasing/household decisions they don't like because its in laws house. Your husband can't either because it's technically not his house

The crowded feeling.

Over my dead body.

The crowded feeling.

In the sub-continent ? It happens all
The time in London .

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Absolutely not.
I am not going to be yelled at by her in front of her parents :gucciwhat:
We are arguing and one of them butts into the conversations and takes sides :kodaksmiley:
"She is right, you need to listen to her"
I'm there like :damedamn:
She's standing there, all smug because Daddy gave her back-up like :dabcasar:

:farmajoyaab:

TooMacaan

VIP
If they're too old to live alone, ofc they can live with us-- no question. I'd bring my own parents along as well, and we could all kick it Cuba style; one floor each. All I know is...there's no way I'm entrusting my parents' well-being to a nursing home (so I'd understand if my partner felt the same regarding his parents).

Even if they aren't very old, there are still benefits to having them live with you. You can leave your kids in their trusted care if both you and your partner work (thus, no having to rely on stranger babysitters/daycares), your kids will have a better chance of learning their culture, and you will also have ease of mind knowing that you can keep an eye on your parents/their health.

A lot of South Asian Muslims have Hindu culture instilled in them. The girl once married belongs to her husband and his family. The in-laws become her new parents, literally.

Even if her parents are of age, she can't look after them. She should be busy massaging the feet of her new parents.

If her parents are lucky enough to have sons of their own when married, they can bring brides to look after them. If they don't have sons there's no one to look after them.

This is why they sob during the wedding like someone died.

In Islam your parents have rights upon you whether you are a daughter or son, married or single. Your parents duas can take you to jannah, not your in-laws.

Khalad baa ka fahamtay my sweet sister:

"Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked about a woman who got married, and was no longer under her parents’ care. Which is better – honouring her parents or obeying her husband?

He replied: When a woman gets married, her husband has more authority over her than her parents, and obeying her husband is more obligatory for her. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allah and to their husbands), and guard in the husband’s absence what Allah orders them to guard (e.g. their chastity and their husband’s property)” [al-Nisa 4:34]. And in a hadeeth the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “This world is temporary conveniences and the best of its comforts is a believing wife, who when you look at her she pleases you and if you tell her to do something she obeys you, and if you are away from her she protects you with regard to herself and your wealth.”.

In Saheeh Abi Hatim it is narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “If a woman offers her five (daily prayers) and fasts her month and guards her chastity and obeys her husband, she will enter Paradise from whichever of its gates she wants.” In al-Tirmidhi it is narrated that Umm Salamah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: Any woman who dies when her husband is pleased with her, will enter Paradise.” This was narrated by al-Tirmidhi, who said it is a hasan hadeeth. It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “If I were to order anyone to prostrate to anyone, I would have ordered women to prostrate to their husbands.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi who said it is a hasan hadeeth. It was also narrated by Abu Dawood with the wording: “I would have ordered women to prostrate to their husbands because of the rights that Allah has given them over them.” In al-Musnad it is narrated from Anas that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “It is not acceptable for any human to prostrate to another, but if it were acceptable for any human to prostrate to another, I would have ordered women to prostrate to their husbands, because of the greatness of the rights they have over them. By the One in Whose hand is my soul, if there were sores from his feet to the top of his head flowing with pus, then she licked them, she would not have given him all his rights.”

And he quoted ahadeeth about the virtue of obeying the husband. "

tenor.gif

Privacy is golden. If you can afford to be on your own and share a life only with someone you are very intimate with like a spouse is the best. But if conditions do not allow you to live like that, and you are forced to share a house, it is life.

We knew our parents enjoyed each other as we grew older but we didn't care. We never thought about that because it is normal for couples to enjoy each other. Any child is the product of their dad having sex with their mom. That is why they are married. Having sex is part of being a human. As long as people are intimate in private, it is acceptable.

Some human behavior is accepted and normalized within context so it doesn't seem strange within that context. An example, sharing a toilet with others and walking in right after someone used it knowing what just happened. Do you think about it? Or do you focus on your needs and go about relieving yourself too?

I recall an elder once confiding in me how embarrassed he felt using the same toilet his daughter-in-law uses. And I could see the embarrassment on his face. I reminded him the alternative of going out to the woods and doing your deeds there. That would have been more embarrassing.

Living on your own is the best. That way, our human imperfections remain private.

Khalad baa ka fahamtay my sweet sister:

"Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked about a woman who got married, and was no longer under her parents’ care. Which is better – honouring her parents or obeying her husband?

He replied: When a woman gets married, her husband has more authority over her than her parents, and obeying her husband is more obligatory for her. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allah and to their husbands), and guard in the husband’s absence what Allah orders them to guard (e.g. their chastity and their husband’s property)” [al-Nisa 4:34]. And in a hadeeth the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “This world is temporary conveniences and the best of its comforts is a believing wife, who when you look at her she pleases you and if you tell her to do something she obeys you, and if you are away from her she protects you with regard to herself and your wealth.”.

In Saheeh Abi Hatim it is narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “If a woman offers her five (daily prayers) and fasts her month and guards her chastity and obeys her husband, she will enter Paradise from whichever of its gates she wants.” In al-Tirmidhi it is narrated that Umm Salamah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: Any woman who dies when her husband is pleased with her, will enter Paradise.” This was narrated by al-Tirmidhi, who said it is a hasan hadeeth. It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “If I were to order anyone to prostrate to anyone, I would have ordered women to prostrate to their husbands.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi who said it is a hasan hadeeth. It was also narrated by Abu Dawood with the wording: “I would have ordered women to prostrate to their husbands because of the rights that Allah has given them over them.” In al-Musnad it is narrated from Anas that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “It is not acceptable for any human to prostrate to another, but if it were acceptable for any human to prostrate to another, I would have ordered women to prostrate to their husbands, because of the greatness of the rights they have over them. By the One in Whose hand is my soul, if there were sores from his feet to the top of his head flowing with pus, then she licked them, she would not have given him all his rights.”

And he quoted ahadeeth about the virtue of obeying the husband. "

tenor.gif

I'm talking about in-laws. It's true if your husband is pleased with you, you will get jannah i'a. I hope you also know the rights of the wife.

I don’t mind doing this later on in out marriage, after we’ve had kids and our parents our old.
But at the start of our marriage? No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts