Would Somalia be better off with city states?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the only way to end corruption and repair the economy and bring justice to weak clans.
Democracy will never work. Somalia are anarchists by nature and need a Iron fist to keep them in check
"Somalia are anarchists by nature and need aIron fist to keep them in check" lol there is truth to that line we are aggressive people I doubt the west would allow us to have dictator I mean king, since there are the same thing but the Saudi dictator is called king. A king is lawyer to his country that why the west don't like Kings ruling any country because they want to take advantage of the country

As long as these City States are organised along clan line how will they be different than the contemporary clan states? Only an economic miracle can rectify and solve the situation. When everyone is pleased with h/her economic situation, they will pool their allegiances and give to one authority. The clan and agents of instability would disappear because no one wants to rock the boat. Whatever system you try will fail till the majority of people lack economic self sufficiency.

Ken Kaneki

Somalia needs the KGB
Somalia will never improve. Let's not delude ourselves. A place that does not value education and has tons of backwards people living in it will never improve. Cultural revolution needed asap.

Hope this helps

Nope! It won't work. A federation of states with a centralised government and with each state having some autonomasy would work for us. the main government could take charge of politics that affect the whole nation whilst each state develop law and regulations that suits them the best. The most successful states receive more benefits and aid than the others to instil a competitive feeling to the whole thing since I imagine Somalis like to outdo one another.

And I don't think we should have a theocracy since that can also cause conflicts. Also, governments should have as little influence on peoples personal choices as possible.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Nope! It won't work. A federation of states with a centralised government and with each state having some autonomasy would work for us. the main government could take charge of politics that affect the whole nation whilst each state develop law and regulations that suits them the best. The most successful states receive more benefits and aid than the others to instil a competitive feeling to the whole thing since I imagine Somalis like to outdo one another.

And I don't think we should have a theocracy since that can also cause conflicts. Also, governments should have as little influence on peoples personal choices as possible.

What conflict could it possibly cause if we're all Muslims?

What conflict could it possibly cause if we're all Muslims?

Don't be delusional. First of all, we are not all Muslim. I have a hard time believing that EVERY SINGLE SOUL in Somalia is a Muslim. That is just not realistic. Second of all, There are different interpretations of Islam. So when yall say Islam is going to be the head of the state, which Islam? And if you say, There is only one Islam, then again you're delusional. Your Islam is the correct Islam for you but someone else might have a different interpretation of the religion and it might be the correct version for them. How is it then, that your version is used as the head of state and forced upon everyone else and all other versions are ignored? You should know, I see you and other users on here always argue about your different version of Islam and fight and you're asking me how that will lead to conflict. It happened on this site, it happened in other Muslim countries and will certainly happen in Somalia. Trust me!

And also, I don't believe that a government should represent a religion, it should just mind it business and but out of peoples personal choices so long they don't hurt anybody.

Don't be delusional. First of all, we are not all Muslim. I have a hard time believing that EVERY SINGLE SOUL in Somalia is a Muslim. That is just not realistic. Second of all, There are different interpretations of Islam. So when yall say Islam is going to be the head of the state, which Islam? And if you say, There is only one Islam, then again you're delusional. Your Islam is the correct Islam for you but someone else might have a different interpretation of the religion and it might be the correct version for them. How is it then, that your version is used as the head of state and forced upon everyone else and all other versions are ignored? You should know, I see you and other users on here always argue about your different version of Islam and fight and you're asking me how that will lead to conflict. It happened on this site, it happened in other Muslim countries and will certainly happen in Somalia. Trust me!

And also, I don't believe that a government should represent a religion, it should just mind it business and but out of peoples personal choices so long they don't hurt anybody.

and also @Lolalola what will you do with all the non-muslim Somalis?? Are they going to be forced to follow religious regulations to a faith they no longer follow? Should they be forced? Give me an example of a GOOD theocratic country were no one is undergoing religious persecution on a meaningful scale.

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
upload_2019-5-21_20-44-26.png

ALLAH IT IS OMG IM CRYING SO MUCH I CANT SEE MY SCREEN :friendhug::friendhug::friendhug::friendhug::friendhug::friendhug:

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist

Yes, but most of the people on this website are a mixture between traditional and westernized, murtad and Muslim - the difference is nowhere near as pronounced in the motherland.

I disagree - Somalia is a fairly homogeneous country when it comes to religion, it's only qabiil that sets us apart. Somalis all follow the same religion [Islam], the same sect [Sunni], and the same school of law [Shafi'i]. Sure, there are certainly outliers here and there, but virtually all of the population falls under the labels I've just listed.

Last edited:

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
and also @Lolalola what will you do with all the non-muslim Somalis?? Are they going to be forced to follow religious regulations to a faith they no longer follow? Should they be forced? Give me an example of a GOOD theocratic country were no one is undergoing religious persecution on a meaningful scale.

No, of course not. Name me a single Islamic country that forces its citizens to convert to Islam. That's 100% haram and explicitly forbidden in our faith. If they aren't Muslim (not counting apostates), Islamically all they're required to do is pay jizya (a tax). They aren't required to fight jihad or pay zakat as they aren't Muslim, so the jizya makes up for that. In a proper Sharia-adhering nation, non-Muslims are welcomed to practice their faith so as long as they don't preach in the streets trying to convert or anything of that sort.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Attention everyone, as long as @Lolalola has that as his dp then I’m his personal bodyguard

upload_2019-5-21_23-5-19.png

We gotta make Adam's World a thing again.

I cried when I rewatched that episode with alphabets, too.

maxresdefault.jpg

Do you remember that episode where his sister wanted to book a flight to Jennah??

Some people get nostalgic for Spongebob, but me? Adam's World all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending