Would a war in the 21st century get back our lands?

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
I was imagining (sadly) a president who would fight Ethiopia and get back our chunks of land in Kenya as well. Then I remembered that this probably wouldn’t work out nowadays.

Is there any recent attempt in any country to get back a countries land? How’s that work out? Links please

idk about Kenya but there might not even need to be a war with Ethiopia. Ethiopia is looking like it'll disintegrate to, and there might even be US involvement because the US is allied with Egypt. Plus groups like OLF and TPLF alongside with ONLF are against the Ethiopian government.

But if none of that happens I don't think with the way things are going that Somalia could defeat Ethiopia unless their was a lot of foreign involvement.

Azerbaijan and Armenia war is somewhat similar to our situation. Azerbaijan land owners had their lands given to Armenia by the USSR (our case GB gave Ethio and kenya land).
The Azerbaijan government supported uprisings in the disputed region, and when the Armenian government started to crack down on the separatist movement the Azerbaijan government intervened to protect Azerbaijan ethnics. They were able to Annex the region because they had ancestral claims.
Russia is doing something similar in Crimea.

Yea let’s do the same mistakes again so the isaaqs/Mjs elites can run to Ethiopia/kenya and backstab us again. 30 years later and their still plotting against the “evil” xamar. Shows it wasn’t just siad barre that they were fight like hawiye/RX’s were. Do u want us to be forever stuck in the limbo???
I mean if the Somali gov must declare a war it should declare one to get back the land it’s lost to SNM/SSDF rebels aka SL/PL.

I believe the Somali gov should
1-respect the unfair UN recognized borders.
2- Completely crash the terrorists.
3-focusing on keeping what it currently has.
3- Get the rebel states to total submission.
4- Try to improve the life of not just inside Somalia but to all Somalis.
In that order.

Yea let’s do the same mistakes again so the isaaqs/Mjs elites can run to Ethiopia/kenya and backstab us again. 30 years later and their still plotting against the “evil” xamar. Shows it wasn’t just siad barre that they were fight like hawiye/RX’s were. Do u want us to be forever stuck in the limbo???
I mean if the Somali gov must declare a war it should declare one to get back the land it’s lost to SNM/SSDF rebels aka SL/PL.

In that order.
Are you talking about yourself? Aideed also went to meet Mengistu.

The problem is when langaab reero xassan/ sheilkhal think they are hawiye.

Azerbaijan and Armenia war is somewhat similar to our situation. Azerbaijan land owners had their lands given to Armenia by the USSR (our case GB gave Ethio and kenya land).
The Azerbaijan government supported uprisings in the disputed region, and when the Armenian government started to crack down on the separatist movement the Azerbaijan government intervened to protect Azerbaijan ethnics. They were able to Annex the region because they had ancestral claims.
Russia is doing something similar in Crimea.
It was the other way around. Armenia is Somalia. Armenians lived there since ancient times. The central Asians Turks came to the Middle East/ caucasus mountains during/after mongol invasion. Stalin fucked Armenia SSR up when he over looked the history of the region and simply made karabakh part of Azerbaijani SSR.

Are you talking about yourself? Aideed also went to meet Mengistu.

The problem is when langaab reero xassan/ sheilkhal think they are hawiye.
Aideed was a power-hungry man. Not much better then the rest of the rebels.
That’s in the past tho I’m talking about today.

U caught me I’m sheikha.
Hopefully u will stick with sheikhal this time. :mjhaps:

Aideed was a power hungry man. Not much better then the rest of the rebels.
That’s in the past tho I’m talking about today.

U caught me I’m sheikhaHopefully u will stick with sheikhal this time. :mjhaps:
You probably reerow xassan who claim to be sheikhal like fahad Yassin.

Or maybe gabooye because of your hate for SL.

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
Kenya would be tricky, Somalis have a lot of stake in Nairobi. But nfd really does need attention interms of everything. A referendum to see where the current generation's hearts lie would be wise, but then there is a lot of meddling when it comes to elections in Kenya, whoever the ruling party sides with, wins. Farah Maalim lost despite being the more popular one .. just cuz he was from the opposition.
Somalis should wait until Somalia is stable + reliable military power.

In that order.
What the hell my mj grandfather died in the Ogaden war. It was barre incompetence that cost us the Ogaden he refused a deal with the Soviet Union to get 95% of the Ogaden. and PL ain’t lost it’s just another federal state like jubbaland use ur brain. And the youths in SL are just brainwashed. The SNM didn’t want independence it just wanted representation in the new Somalia. You know only 7% of Somalia democratic budget went to Somaliland. And as soon representation wasn’t viable they declared independence rather than sit around for a centralised govt to form.

Last edited:
Hate 2 bring qabil into this but I often think we should just divide in2 4 different countries and be united under Greater Somalia(like the UK) but then I remember there are backstabbing traitors who already are leaving and we'll just be more divided.
I don't know how to solve our problems but it's such a cliche to leave it to the next generation so we should definitely do something about it but like I said idk what. So for the mean time I'll just try to improve living conditions of fellow Somalis and africans by doing activist work and trying to educate people about our history.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hate 2 bring qabil into this but I often think we should just divide in2 4 different countries and be united under Greater Somalia(like the UK) but then I remember there are backstabbing traitors who already are leaving and we'll just be more divided.
I don't know how to solve our problems but it's such a cliche to leave it to the next generation so we should definitely do something about it but like I said idk what. So for the mean time I'll just try to improve living conditions of fellow Somalis and africans by doing activist work and trying to educate people about our history.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Never know what could happen :westbrookswag:

I was imagining (sadly) a president who would fight Ethiopia and get back our chunks of land in Kenya as well. Then I remembered that this probably wouldn’t work out nowadays.

Is there any recent attempt in any country to get back a countries land? How’s that work out? Links please
Recent attempts kulaha
:mjlol:

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement

Armenia tried to a few months back & got clapped hard. The links are pretty graphic I'd not view them if I was you :ufdup:

Cartman

reformed
World war 3 is going to be Africa based. The East African federation will merge and try to steal land from Somalia and Ethiopia will be dead government wise. Then Somalis will call on Eritrea Djibouti and North Africa and it’ll be a war with other African countries on other side. Ethiopia will join North Africa side to not be taken over and then afterwards there will be new boarders everywhere :damedamn::jaynerd:

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴

When united we cam conquer all of East Africa. But Somalis have never been united. The closest to unity that we ever came was under dictatorship and even with that other folks were determined to lead.
If a war did break out, Somalis would be scrabbling to annex other qabils territories.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
:nahgirl: No, I hope one day Galbeed gains independence but we will never believe in the harmful somaliweyne ideology. That shit should be outlawed in PL, to each his own.
Majority of puntlanders back home don’t even want to seperate. They aren’t like reer SL looool they just like to relax and sit back :liberaltears:

Trending

Latest posts