Would a war in the 21st century get back our lands?

Som

VIP
I was imagining (sadly) a president who would fight Ethiopia and get back our chunks of land in Kenya as well. Then I remembered that this probably wouldn’t work out nowadays.

Is there any recent attempt in any country to get back a countries land? How’s that work out? Links please
Not really. In the last 70 years of so any attempt of annexation failed to be recognized.
Example, Russia effectively occupied and annexed Crimea in 2014 (Ukraine) but the international community refused to recognize it.
You can only annex a territory that is already legally yours like azebaijan is trying to do recently against armenian occupied nagorno karabakh. If you try to annex a territory that wasn't legally part of your country then the international community would never recognize the annexation even if you succeed

Som

VIP
:nahgirl: No, I hope one day Galbeed gains independence but we will never believe in the harmful somaliweyne ideology. That shit should be outlawed in PL, to each his own.
Why do you have the flag of Somaliweyn in your own PL flag though? If puntlanders are against Somaliweyn maybe they should change their flag

Som

VIP
Azerbaijan and Armenia war is somewhat similar to our situation. Azerbaijan land owners had their lands given to Armenia by the USSR (our case GB gave Ethio and kenya land).
The Azerbaijan government supported uprisings in the disputed region, and when the Armenian government started to crack down on the separatist movement the Azerbaijan government intervened to protect Azerbaijan ethnics. They were able to Annex the region because they had ancestral claims.
Russia is doing something similar in Crimea.
Azerbaijan had a legal right to have that region so it's not an annexation but a country taking back something that was already legally theirs.
Ogaden and Nfd unfortunately were never part of Somalia so they International community would never recognized an annexation like that. Same thing with Crimea which ia officially part of Ukraine.
The only way Ogaden and NFD can join Somalia is that :
1)first get independence and recognition from the rest of the world
2) Ethiopia and Kenya abbandon any claim over Ogaden and NFD
If these conditions were met then Ogaden and Nfd could technically decide to join Somalia.

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
Kenya and Ethiopia won’t be giving those lands up without a fight and we can’t go through a war again I’m sorry. The people of Somalia have suffered enough.

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
Somalia
1611368531614.gif

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
We have been at war for over 40 years and it got us nothing but self destruction. I believe that era is long gone, we will have to embrace new ideas about the future of our people and lands. By establishing close ties with all Somali regions and having open border policy and creating strong business ties, we can still save our way of life. NFD + Kilinka + Somalia + Somaliland + Djibouti, we can be a force and inshallah we will be powerful :)

We have been at war for over 40 years and it got us nothing but self destruction. I believe that era is long gone, we will have to embrace new ideas about the future of our people and lands. By establishing close ties with all Somali regions and having open border policy and creating strong business ties, we can still save our way of life. NFD + Kilinka + Somalia + Somaliland + Djibouti, we can be a force and inshallah we will be powerful :)
Somalia has been in civil war the excuse that somalia was fighting its neighbours for decades is lies.
Somalia only fought Ethiopia for less than a year and withdrew its forces only for tgose forces to turn on its civilians.
So claimming that Somaliweyn destroyed Somalia is a false narrative.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Somalia has been in civil war the excuse that somalia was fighting its neighbours for decades is lies.
Somalia only fought Ethiopia for less than a year and withdrew its forces only for tgose forces to turn on its civilians.

Somaliweyn will always live in our hearts and minds in some form or shape brother, but realistically speaking not the way our parents dreamed of. We have to think outside the box and the new generation will have to think of unique solutions to achieve something that works for all of us. One thing is for sure, our futures are intertwined forever :)

Somaliweyn will always live in our hearts and minds in some form or shape brother, but realistically speaking not the way our parents dreamed of. We have to think outside the box and the new generation will have to think of unique solutions to achieve something that works for all of us. One thing is for sure, our futures are intertwined forever :)
Warya what parents are tou talking about Somalia was never genuine about somaliweyne tell me what your parents donated to the Ogaden refugees in 1977 who were languishing in abject poverty in refugee camps made of shanties.

The war was nothing. The 1.2 million refugees that ur uncle brought to a country of 4.2m is what caused the country's downfall. He settled them in isaaqs/hawiya/RX's land and they were welcomed at first. But we all know how that turned out.
Finding a different solution to the problem instead of making the same mistakes over and over again and expecting a different result is borderline crazy.

SomaliMVP

Somali chauvinist
Azerbaijan had a legal right to have that region so it's not an annexation but a country taking back something that was already legally theirs.
Ogaden and Nfd unfortunately were never part of Somalia so the International community would never recognized an annexation like that. Same thing with Crimea which ia officially part of Ukraine.
The only way Ogaden and NFD can join Somalia is that :
1)first get independence and recognition from the rest of the world
2) Ethiopia and Kenya abbandon any claim over Ogaden and NFD
If these conditions were met then Ogaden and Nfd could technically decide to join Somalia.

The only way to get those regions back is by rebuilding our economy. We need to be able to invest in NFD & Somali Galbeed regions. If a union with Somalia is more profitable then the people will push for a referendum and vote to join Somalia.

The war was nothing. The 1.2 million refugees that ur uncle brought to a country of 4.2m is what caused the country's downfall. He settled them in isaaqs/hawiya/RX's land and they were welcomed at first. But we all know how that turned out.
Finding a different solution to the problem instead of making the same mistakes over and over again and expecting a different result is borderline crazy.
Tell me your qabil or stfu you langaab cuqdad dishey that is insecure about his qabil yet barks out loud.

1977 war was wrong in every aspect.But Hawiye destroyed the nation in 1991 and used the somali stock pile of weapons that would have liberated the ogaden and to try ethnic cleanse Darood which they failed.You turned the capital into rubbles.

The same thing you are planning to do of Fakemajo refuses to stand down.

Last edited:
The only way to get those regions back is by rebuilding our economy. We need to be able to invest in NFD & Somali Galbeed regions. If a union with Somalia is more profitable then the people will push for a referendum and vote to join Somalia.
That was never the plan even after the creation of Kenya in 1963.
We somalis are qabil based and we will always be. That is the reason somalia collapsed.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Warya what parents are tou talking about Somalia was never genuine about somaliweyne tell me what your parents donated to the Ogaden refugees in 1977 who were languishing in abject poverty in refugee camps made of shanties.

My dad lost all his brothers in the war AUN which was the case for many families, I am sure the suffering was wide spread. I don't know much about the Ogaden rafugees and their plight, but it was a sad situation for all of us.

My dad lost all his brothers in the war AUN which was the case for many families, I am sure the suffering was wide spread. I don't know much about the Ogaden rafugees and their plight, but it was a sad situation for all of us.
AUN, but your family didnt lose their properties livelyhood or didnt escape from the war and settle in shanties.The brutality of Ethiopian regimes continued for generations people lost entire families like generations,wealth destroyed and lost their lands in the war.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
AUN, but your family didnt lose their properties livelyhood or didnt escape from the war and settle in shanties.The brutality of Ethiopian regimes continued for generations people lost entire families like generations,wealth destroyed and lost their lands in the war.

I didn't realize the extent of the suffering sxb, this is why it pains me to think about it and at the same time inspires me to study and learn from those events so the mistakes never happen again.

Tell me your qabil or stfu you langaab cuqdad dishey that is insecure about his qabil yet barks out loud.

1977 war was wrong in every aspect.But Hawiye destroyed the nation in 1991 and used the somali arsenal to try ethnic cleanse Darood which they failed.
How many generals told ur uncle not to anger the USSR and start the war??
7k dead soldiers and 25 MiG aircraft lost couldn't possibly destroy a country.

I know darods will forever hold a grudge against Hawiye for destroying their beauty empire. Because unlike the nice RX who lost a large amount of land to expansionist darod under ur uncle's watch, We don't play nice. Cry me a river.

I didn't realize the extent of the suffering sxb, this is why it pains me to think about it and at the same time inspires me to study and learn from those events so the mistakes never happen again.
That is the reason I will never support another fake war created by Villa Somalia.
The same war that Fakemajo wanted with Kenya because he knows his clan is never affected by war but rather profit from war.

MSB aun benefited immensely from the war because the military was weakened and most of his opposing generals either dead or sided with Ethiopia only a handful supported him afterwards.

The war wasnt to liberate the Ogaden after all he was an obedient Italian colonial officer never part of the somali liberation struggle.

USC killed more somalis in xamar than the 1977 war.

Trending

Latest posts