Would a benevolent dictator ever work out in Somalia?

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Can't be someone tainted by qabil. Also needs to command respect. A moderate but pro deen leader can work. If anyone then more of an accountable strongman President.
5da9cccd7152d8180c64cab3.jpg

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
His tribe would still get more gibs than other Somalis.

Maybe a benevolent Somali dictator would uplift all Somalis, but probably uplift his own tribe even more.
With 2 generations of nationalist propaganda, qabil power can be erased. We need to beat qabil out of the minds of young Somalis

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
It'd probably not be recieved well by the rest of the population. I mean qabil is literally the reason why I can't see this working out.
In that case they would have to be a Darood. Can't see an Isaaq or Hawiye dictatorship working either

Why? All three of the big qabils are power hungry and liable to engage in qabilism

You leave issaq out of equation because they don't want anything to do with Somalia in regards to politics. Secondly,.you got both H and D in the political class a duopoly politics . There has never been a president other than D or H block FROM 1960 ( THE ONLY DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT AUN) to 2020.

You leave issaq out of equation because they don't want anything to do with Somalia in regards to politics. Secondly,.you got both H and D in the political class a duopoly politics . There has never been a president other than D or H block FROM 1960 ( THE ONLY DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT AUN) to 2020.

You don't speak for all Isaaqs sxb - this is a theoretical situation. Most Isaaq would support a unified greater Somalia that was based on deen, equality, and justice without nepotism or qabilsm. Secondly, Hawiye, the Irir Samaale brothers of Isaaq, haven't done anything to you, and if anything, along with Djiboutians, are among the most sympathetic Somalis to the cause of Somaliland

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
@Younes Osman,

In all fairness Somalia had a dictator for over 20 years!

Best,

Faahiye

A benevolent dictator couldn't be worse right? The problem lies in the fact that whoever rules Somalia will need power, money and connections from powerful countries. This question reminds be of this Youtube video

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
No we need 1 man 1 vote and candidates aren't allowed to reveal their face or qabiil until after the elections
I mean we have an uneducated populace who would vote for a shitty nepotistic leader as long as it helped their qabil. I honestly don't see democracy working out in our contemporary Somalia.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
I mean we have an uneducated populace who would vote for a shitty nepotistic leader as long as it helped their qabil. I honestly don't see democracy working out in our contemporary Somalia.
Thats exactly why we make their qabiil and face anonymous so people don't know who it is and will vote based off of who will do the most for somalis

You don't speak for all Isaaqs sxb - this is a theoretical situation. Most Isaaq would support a unified greater Somalia that was based on deen, equality, and justice without nepotism or qabilsm. Secondly, Hawiye, the Irir Samaale brothers of Isaaq, haven't done anything to you, and if anything, along with Djiboutians, are among the most sympathetic Somalis to the cause of Somaliland

InAdeer, most Isaaqs agree with me. Walal that ship sailed along time ago in regards to the "Somaliweyne" , the "shanta somaliyeed" that people refer to are not governed by Xamar nor would it ever will be. Hopefully, Djibouti will continue.

General Asad

And What Is Not There Is Always More Than There.
I'd like to think we would be leaps and bounds ahead on the world stage.

Someone like Mummar Gahddafi, who ran his country with his people's interest in mind, agressive and getting it done, and tried to unite Africa through a gold currency.

He/She would be assassinated however, because no one wants Somalia to be prosperous and wealthy nation.

Last edited:

Muji

VIP
It should be a woman. Since you idiots are always reminding us women don’t have qabil it’s perfect.

preferably someone strong, powerful, who easily assimilates to power and keeps quiet about her qabil. I think I know someone like that...:trumpsmirk:

best believe I would rule Somalia like a king and would also take notes from araweelos reign in how to deal with disorderly men..snip snip :chrisfreshhah:

I agree with @Muji it should be a woman since women have no qabil. And it should be someone from the diaspora. The female dictator should rule with an iron fist and karbash all the filthy men who hold important positions. I also think it should be a non-muslim