Working Our During Ramadan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do-I-Look-Somali

Make me some Cambulo tonight.
Working out during Ramadan is what I believe to be one of the best times to lose weight, and to gain new self-discipline.

I lost 20 pounds last Ramadan, and gained muscle. Sadly I gained all of that back with my recent trip to the horn, and Kenya :mjkkk::patrice: But It's a new day, and a new Ramadan so it's time to do it all over again In Shaa Allah:rejoice: Here are my 10 advices to working out during Ramadan, and if you have any advices, please let me know.

1. Don't work out after Afur. Your blood is concentrated around the stomach at that time. Work out 2 hours after Afur.

2. Make sure to drink lots of water before fajr to not get dehydrated during your workouts. I remember running 5 miles last Ramadan, and my mouth got so dry, and I felt like death was close. Thank Allah afur was 30 minutes away:shaq:

3. If you're not used to working out while fasting then don't kill yourself. Work out for 30 minutes. If you're like me, try doing 2 hours :stevej:

4. When lifting weights you must stack up on some protein before fake, or else like me you will notice you are super sore with no results to show.

5. Smoothies are great way to gain lots of nutrients super fast in a small amount of time. Make sure your smoothie game is on point after Afur, because those nutrients come in handy like crazy:ohhhdamn:

6. Do not consume foods with high amount of sodium. If you do so, you will become extra thirsty the next day, and you might dehydrate yourself while doing cardio. Instead eat foods with high potassium.

7. Stay away from sweet drinks such as soda, and drinks with "high fructose corn syrup". These are filled with high amounts of sodium that will make you super thirsty when fasting.

8. Remember to meditate, and pray 2 rikah before working out. Get your mind ready, especially when doing high energy consuming activities such as running is very important. The physical strength is a weakling without the mental strength.

9. Eat your damn veggies! We aren't kids anymore:stopit:

10. Please don't kill yourself. I don't my fellow Muslims to die :meleshame:. I love you all for the sake of Allah :ohhhdamn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts