Work and school is not an excuse to miss salat (prayer)

This is a reminder to myself first and foremost but working or attending school is NOT a reason to skip salat and make it up later or skip it completely. You have rights as a student/employee for your school and work to give you ample religious accommodations.

The biggest piece of advice I can give is don't even ask, just confidently say "I'm going to need a couple of 10-minute breaks during the day and a quite place to pray." and inshaAllah they should have no issue at all.

When I was in high school, I had permission to leave my accounting class a few minutes early and prayed in our library's storage room during passing periods. The last couple of places I've worked were pretty small so I would just pray in the conference/break room when no one was using. And when I used to work in retail, I used to pray in fitting rooms (I had another Muslim sister that worked there so we kept a prayer rug nearby for us to use). Praying in fitting rooms is also great if you're out at the mall shopping!

This also goes for you young men and your time off for Jummah, just let them know this is a religious obligation and you need this time off every Friday. You should be able to work out something by either coming earlier or staying later to make up the missed time.

After all, there's nothing more important than salat and it will be the first thing we're questioned about on Yawm il Qiyama.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The first thing among their deeds for which the people will be brought to account on the Day of Resurrection will be prayer. Our Lord will say to His angels, although He knows best, ‘Look at My slave’s prayer, is it complete or lacking?’ If it is complete, it will be recorded as complete, but if it is lacking, He will say, ‘Look and see whether my slave did any voluntary (naafil) prayers.’ If he had done voluntary prayers, He will say, ‘Complete the obligatory prayers of My slave from his voluntary prayers.’ Then the rest of his deeds will be examined in a similar manner.”

(Narrated by Abu Dawood, 864; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 770).

May Allah SWT make it easy for all of us to practice our deen. Ameen.

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
This is a reminder to myself first and foremost but working or attending school is NOT a reason to skip salat and make it up later or skip it completely. You have rights as a student/employee for your school and work to give you ample religious accommodations.

The biggest piece of advice I can give is don't even ask, just confidently say "I'm going to need a couple of 10-minute breaks during the day and a quite place to pray." and inshaAllah they should have no issue at all.

When I was in high school, I had permission to leave my accounting class a few minutes early and prayed in our library's storage room during passing periods. The last couple of places I've worked were pretty small so I would just pray in the conference/break room when no one was using. And when I used to work in retail, I used to pray in fitting rooms (I had another Muslim sister that worked there so we kept a prayer rug nearby for us to use). Praying in fitting rooms is also great if you're out at the mall shopping!

This also goes for you young men and your time off for Jummah, just let them know this is a religious obligation and you need this time off every Friday. You should be able to work out something by either coming earlier or staying later to make up the missed time.

After all, there's nothing more important than salat and it will be the first thing we're questioned about on Yawm il Qiyama.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The first thing among their deeds for which the people will be brought to account on the Day of Resurrection will be prayer. Our Lord will say to His angels, although He knows best, ‘Look at My slave’s prayer, is it complete or lacking?’ If it is complete, it will be recorded as complete, but if it is lacking, He will say, ‘Look and see whether my slave did any voluntary (naafil) prayers.’ If he had done voluntary prayers, He will say, ‘Complete the obligatory prayers of My slave from his voluntary prayers.’ Then the rest of his deeds will be examined in a similar manner.”

(Narrated by Abu Dawood, 864; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 770).

May Allah SWT make it easy for all of us to practice our deen. Ameen.

Ameen thumma Ameen

May Allah keep you steadfast and reward you immensely

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
I was for a one day paid work experience at a nursery and I saw couple of hijabi girls and thought yaay there must be somewhere for muslim girls to pray but there actually wasn't I don't think any of those girls prayed at the fixed hours so I was very upset and didn't know where to pray till I found a small area and prayed over there but i got snitched by a Madow and was told off and even raised their voice at me clearly islamaphobe but yh they sacked me for praying. I remember I was crying heavily that day but I knew Allah has better plans for me than to continue working in that horrid environment. In other words Allah will provide for you with something better if you resist working in such environment. Be patient and continue looking for a job that allows you to pray at the specific hours and in addition there is somewhere for you to pray so that you will get blessings and love from Allah rather than his wrath if you neglect your duty of praying on time. Jobs and school will NEVER be an excuse in the sight of Allah.

Trending

Latest posts