Word of the day: how to say ‘curious’ in Somali language?

This says in the Arabic discription: Linguistically, the word refers to someone who gets into what is not his business or related to him.

That is not what Curious person does. And Faduuli or Faduul in Somali is not the same as the Arabic word you quoted as well. In Somali, Faduuli is someone who tends to be an agressor.
Walaal, I probably made a poor attempt of explaining it, but if I could not convince you the first time, I shall leave it at that. Promise me though to let me know once the light bulb goes 'bing', and what I have said makes sense.

Walaal, I probably made a poor attempt of explaining it, but if I could not convince you the first time, I shall leave it at that. Promise me though to let me know once the light bulb goes 'bing', and what I have said makes sense.

Do you speak proper somali? Cause there is no need to convice someone who speaks somali well about the meaning of the word Faduul. The word is neither Arabic andnor does it mean curious as well..

Do you speak proper somali?
Not so much, but enough to be dangerously nigh to being accurate, in both languages.

Cause there is no need to convice someone who speaks somali well about the meaning of the word Faduul. The word is neither Arabic andnor does it mean curious as well..
Have heard of the Yemeni poet Abdallah Nim'an, also know as ' الاستاد الشاعر الفضول - Ustaad Curiosity'?

Think about the following:
الفضول
كلما زاد عمري قل اهتمامي بما يقوله الناس وأكتفى بمشاهدة ما يفعلونه –

adabworld-quotes-590.jpg

Last edited:
This says in the Arabic discription: Linguistically, the word refers to someone who gets into what is not his business or related to him.

That is not what Curious person does. And Faduuli or Faduul in Somali is not the same as the Arabic word you quoted as well. In Somali, Faduuli is someone who tends to be an agressor.
I always hear ppl say, “Hebel waa qof faduul badan ama war faduuli badanidaa.” Someone is considered faduuli if they are always in ppl’s business or someone who is always gossiping about others.

Trending