Women should not be working

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
What’s more essential than the food we eat? If you want to talk about essential jobs, your whole argument falls apart spectacularly.

I’ve literally sent you a study about ‘traditional’ developing societies in which women makeup more 60% of the food production. You’re ignoring that which is insane as food is the most important need for humans and it’s women that are producing it in the agricultural sector which is also back-breaking and labor intensive. The food that these women produce are also used in the Western world.

Seriously educate yourself and get off TikTok and read actual studies.

Read this, women near enough ‘feed the world’ and it’s women labor and without them many societies wouldn’t eat.

Neither men nor women dominate the agricultural sector globally. It's more accurate to say that their roles and contributions vary significantly depending on factors like region, culture, and type of agriculture.

Here's a breakdown:

Globally:

• Women constitute around 43% of the agricultural labor force, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). This means they play a crucial role in food production, processing, and marketing.
Regionally:

• The percentage of women in agriculture varies greatly. In Africa, for example, women make up nearly half of the agricultural workforce, while in Latin America and the Caribbean, the figure is closer to 20%.

techsamatar

What’s more essential than the food we eat? If you want to talk about essential jobs, your whole argument falls apart spectacularly.

I’ve literally sent you a study about ‘traditional’ developing societies in which women makeup more 60% of the food production. You’re ignoring that which is insane as food is the most important need for humans and it’s women that are producing it in the agricultural sector which is also back-breaking and labor intensive. The food that these women produce are also used in the Western world.

Seriously educate yourself and get off TikTok and read actual studies.

Read this, women near enough ‘feed the world’ and it’s women labor and without them many societies wouldn’t eat.

When we shift our focus from the exploitation in third-world countries, we find that globally, even with more women in the world, men still dominate the majority of sectors, including agriculture. Now, turning our attention to the Western world, from manufacturing to water and gas industries, construction to sewage, the workforce is predominantly male. It's a challenging reality to accept, but the assertion is that if women were absent in the West, the economies and the essentials for human survival would still function. Please understand that this perspective isn't intended to brand me as a women hater, but rather to highlight the current workforce dynamics.

I'd rather not inundate the thread with statistics and articles on the representation of women and men in various industries. The reality is quite evident, and I'm confident you can explore it independently. From my own experiences, I've never encountered feminists actively advocating for equality in the most challenging and crucial jobs in developed nations. Throughout my life, I've never seen female construction workers or women employed in water, electricity, and gas industries or other similar roles. There's much more I could elaborate on, but the point remains.

Neither men nor women dominate the agricultural sector globally. It's more accurate to say that their roles and contributions vary significantly depending on factors like region, culture, and type of agriculture.

Here's a breakdown:

Globally:

• Women constitute around 43% of the agricultural labor force, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). This means they play a crucial role in food production, processing, and marketing.
Regionally:

• The percentage of women in agriculture varies greatly. In Africa, for example, women make up nearly half of the agricultural workforce, while in Latin America and the Caribbean, the figure is closer to 20%.
The thing is, what complicates matters is that data scientists have noted that the numbers aren’t accurately assessed since many women in rural societies are working without pay and aren’t recorded properly and are working lands don’t belong to them which complicates issues:

Outside of the household, a great deal of rural women's labour - whether regular or seasonal - goes unpaid and is, therefore, rarely taken into account in official statistics. In most countries, women do not own the land they cultivate. When land is owned by women, it tends to be smaller, less valuable plots that are also overlooked in statistics. Furthemmore, women are usually responsible for the food crops destined for immediate consumption by the household, that is, for subsistence crops rather than cash crops. Also, when data is collected for national statistics, gender is often ignored or the data is biased in the sense that it is collected only from males, who are assumed to be the heads of households.

When we shift our focus from the exploitation in third-world countries, we find that globally, even with more women in the world, men still dominate the majority of sectors, including agriculture.
They actually don’t dominate agriculture and data scientists have now noted that women’s contributions are downplayed due to various factors which I posted
Now, turning our attention to the Western world, from manufacturing to water and gas industries, construction to sewage, the workforce is predominantly male.
Yet, those jobs only make up 13% of men so what now? Blue collar men are a minority and machinery are taking over. The fact that you thought the jobs make up 98% shows you don’t know what you’re talking about.
It's a challenging reality to accept, but the assertion is that if women were absent in the West, the economies and the essentials for human survival would still function. Please understand that this perspective isn't intended to brand me as a women hater, but rather to highlight the current workforce dynamics.
Show me evidence because it isn’t true. Societies wouldn’t survive since food production is mostly on women.

I'd rather not inundate the thread with statistics and articles on the representation of women and men in various industries.
If you’re going to come with certain points, you need to show facts and not TikTok and mere opinions.
The reality is quite evident, and I'm confident you can explore it independently. From my own experiences, I've never encountered feminists actively advocating for equality in the most challenging and crucial jobs in developed nations. Throughout my life, I've never seen female construction workers or women employed in water, electricity, and gas industries or other similar roles. There's much more I could elaborate on, but the point remains.
And throughout my life, I’ve seen men site the jobs of only 13% of men and act like those men are a representative of them
When women cite equality. The vast majority of women are working in air conditioned offices and as societies modernize when more, machinery is going to take over even more which is why blue collar jobs are dwindling by the day.

techsamatar

What happens if their husbands divorces them? Dies or ends up having an illness? Or if the husband is stingy?

Muslim brothers and fathers are struggling to provide for their own families with many having to resort to benefits and the like, so when a mother is in financial need who looks after them? As we’ve seen throughout the years, they look after themselves. Single mothers Somali women fend for their own life kids and hardly get child support.

This is why I find you so out of touch with reality.

A woman that works in tech has a remote job at home earning at times 10k a month. Why is that an issue? How is she being exploited when her working hours are 5X less than any of her female ancestors?

In reality, the majority of women are not CEOs of tech companies, and it's more accurate to say they are engaged in 40-60 hours per week office jobs. The notion that women, on average, work 5 times less doesn't align with the broader reality of working women across various industries and roles.

Take my sister as an example; she leans toward feminist ideals, pushing herself through university, aiming to become a teacher, pursuing a master's degree, and potentially entering her first job in her late 20s or early 30s. I question the wisdom of putting herself through all that stress, sacrificing her youth, especially when the financial returns may not be worth it. She acknowledges that she doesn't need to depend on anyone for money and contemplates settling down like our older sister. My older sister, who has chosen a different path, appears more content and happy. She embraces the right, as a Muslima, to be provided for. Even if things go south due to unforeseen circumstances like death or divorce, she won't feel a significant impact, given her privileged background, possibly surpassing that of her future husband.

techsamatar

The thing is, what complicates matters is that data scientists have noted that the numbers aren’t accurately assessed since many women in rural societies are working without pay and aren’t recorded properly and are working lands don’t belong to them which complicates issues:

Outside of the household, a great deal of rural women's labour - whether regular or seasonal - goes unpaid and is, therefore, rarely taken into account in official statistics. In most countries, women do not own the land they cultivate. When land is owned by women, it tends to be smaller, less valuable plots that are also overlooked in statistics. Furthemmore, women are usually responsible for the food crops destined for immediate consumption by the household, that is, for subsistence crops rather than cash crops. Also, when data is collected for national statistics, gender is often ignored or the data is biased in the sense that it is collected only from males, who are assumed to be the heads of households.

If the global statistics are from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Says 43% globally, that's a reliable source. It's true that the representation of women in agriculture can vary across regions, with Latin America having only 20% women involved, while Africa has nearly half.

Regardless of regional variations, the historical reality is that men have consistently played the role of farmers, producers of food, and cultivators of land for millennia. This fact remains evident, and attempts to downplay it don't change the historical trends.

Either way, as I look at the western world or developed nations, I can't help but wonder where women have seemingly disappeared from certain industries. The contrast between the exploitation and survival dynamics in third-world countries and what I perceive as the "Feminist disease" in Western and developed nations is quite intriguing

In reality, the majority of women are not CEOs of tech companies, and it's more accurate to say they are engaged in 40-60 hours per week office jobs. The notion that women, on average, work 5 times less doesn't align with the broader reality of working women across various industries and roles.
Yes, they most definitely work less than their female ancestors. This isn’t a debate and it’s stupid for you to challenge this. Even men now work less as well due to technological advancement and society being industrialized. Come on. Let’s not debate the basics please!
Take my sister as an example; she leans toward feminist ideals,
How is female learning feminist? What’s wrong with you?
pushing herself through university, aiming to become a teacher, pursuing a master's degree, and potentially entering her first job in her late 20s or early 30s.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

techsamatar

Yes, they most definitely work less than their female ancestors. This isn’t a debate and it’s stupid for you to challenge this. Even men now work less as well due to technological advancement and society being industrialized. Come on. Let’s not debate the basics please!

That’s a lie. I had a full paying job by 23. People graduate their bachelors at 21 and masters take two yrs. My own sister who was in medical for 6 yrs managed to get married before 30. People don’t get their first jobs in their late 20s. I can’t take you seriously when you don’t even understand the job market. By late 20s most people in professional roles are in mid level positions.
it's evident that women have never historically engaged in 9-5 or 40-60 hour labor-intensive roles, working away from home for a significant part of the day. Moreover, this marks the first time in human history that men have been subjected to such extensive hours, particularly in mentally draining systems, unlike the traditional practice of working on their land with breaks during certain seasons, such as winter. I plan to explore this further in an upcoming thread.

Never said female learning is Feminist since my housewife sister is also educated and worked for short while, either way she wants to enter that 9-5 slavery for aesthetic when she don't even need to survive - She is also mentally miserable compared to my other sister, and also wasting her beauty.

techsamatar

They actually don’t dominate agriculture and data scientists have now noted that women’s contributions are downplayed due to various factors which I posted

Yet, those jobs only make up 13% of men so what now? Blue collar men are a minority and machinery are taking over. The fact that you thought the jobs make up 98% shows you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Show me evidence because it isn’t true. Societies wouldn’t survive since food production is mostly on women.

If you’re going to come with certain points, you need to show facts and not TikTok and mere opinions.

And throughout my life, I’ve seen men site the jobs of only 13% of men and act like those men are a representative of them
When women cite equality. The vast majority of women are working in air conditioned offices and as societies modernize when more, machinery is going to take over even more which is why blue collar jobs are dwindling by the day.
13%? Are you certain?

Check out this extensive list of industries and the corresponding percentage of males and females in 2022: https://careersmart.org.uk/occupati...en-and-women-do-occupational-breakdown-gender. I'm perplexed by the 13% figure you mentioned, especially considering that office or corporate jobs pale in comparison to the labour-intensive industries highlighted in the list.

it's evident that women have never historically engaged in 9-5 or 40-60 hour labor-intensive roles, working away from home for a significant part of the day.
How do you think The life of a nomadic woman or agricultural woman was? When they’re tending to the animals and harvesting? Where are they? At home lol? Seriously young man?
Moreover, this marks the first time in human history that men have been subjected to such extensive hours, particularly in mentally draining systems, unlike the traditional practice of working on their land with breaks during certain seasons, such as winter. I plan to explore this further in an upcoming thread.
No it isn’t. Men worked longer hours before and it was labour intensive and grueling. Societies have become reliant on technology which is why a lot of blue collar roles are dwindling.
Never said female learning is Feminist since my housewife sister is also educated and worked for short while, either way she wants to enter that 9-5 slavery for aesthetic when she don't even need to survive - She is also mentally miserable compared to my other sister.
Teaching children whilst actually being paid isn’t slavery. Since you work are you a slave? Get out of here. How is scrubbing the floors of your house and not even having money of your own to buy what YOU want freedom?

Last edited:
13%? Are you certain?

Check out this extensive list of industries and the corresponding percentage of males and females in 2022: https://careersmart.org.uk/occupati...en-and-women-do-occupational-breakdown-gender. I'm perplexed by the 13% figure you mentioned, especially considering that office or corporate jobs pale in comparison to the labour-intensive industries highlighted in the list.
I’m saying that only 13% of men do blue collar jobs since blue collar jobs are dwindling. The rise of tech and automation is the reason. You’ve misunderstood my point.

techsamatar

How do you think The life of a nomadic woman or agricultural woman was? When they’re tending to the animals and harvesting? Where are they? At home lol? Seriously young man?

No it isn’t. Men worked longer hours before and it was labour intensive and grueling. Societies have become reliant on technology which is why a lot of blue collar roles are dwindling.

Teaching children isn’t slavery. Since you work are you a slave? Get out of here. How is scrubbing the floors of your house and not even having money money of your own to buy what YOU want freedom?
I won't engage in comparing the modern system to the lifestyle of nomadic women or even farming families. It's simply futile—these historical groups lived in what could be considered paradises compared to slavery faced by people in this capitalist-plutocratic system.

The times you're referring to as labour-intensive and gruelling were during the Industrial Revolution, which was still within a capitalist system where people were indeed exploited. In comparison, women today are also part of this system. It's interesting to note that farmers in the Middle Ages had more holidays and worked fewer hours. Women, during that period, were responsible for managing households, safeguarding the farms, and taking care of the children.

Well, I'm a salesman, and my work doesn't involve physical labour—it's more about pampering and influencing C-Suite members. Despite enjoying what I do and viewing it as a way to learn life skills while engaging with rich individuals, there's still a part of me that considers myself somewhat like a "slave." This feeling is tied to having a structured schedule due to work experience but either way especially as a man, I would have been expected to work and be a provider if I ever had a family and part of My deen. However, my goal is to achieve financial freedom by 2025, Inshallah. I know for certain my wife ain't never working or need too you could say.

techsamatar

I’m saying that only 13% of men do blue collar jobs since blue collar jobs are dwindling. The rise of tech and automation is the reason. You’ve misunderstood my point.
Makes sense.

Anyways, Malawah, it was good conversing. You deserve to be pampered and on raising your cubs—if survival and working to maintain your lifestyle aren't necessities. In a scenario where both you and your husband work, it could lead to both of you feeling tired and drained, doubling the workload, including household responsibilities. Additionally, the house would be empty for more than half the day in such a scenario.

consider myself a true women's advocate, and I've noticed that women online are awakening to the realization that feminism was, in some ways, a scam—funded and manipulated by plutocrats. My perspective aligns with a more conservative stance, compared to the values of the deen and the ways of the salaf, who would often discourage or disregard the idea of independent, workaholic women solely focused on their careers. If I'm not mistaken, Saudi Arabia and Gulf countries didn't achieve their wealth by having women heavily involved in the workforce; in fact, women were only recently allowed to drive.

techsamatar

I'm not well-versed in the dynamics of the industry she's entering, but it appears that the compensation is comparatively minimal given the considerable time and stress involved. The idea of accumulating significant debt for education, only to secure a first role that doesn't match the debt amount, seems like a scam to me. The prospect of spending years working for a raise, yet still remaining in debt, is a concerning aspect. I believe she might be putting undue strain on herself. It's worth considering alternative routes, especially since she took a year off and is considering opportunities in Gulf countries. If she follows through with this path, settling into what could feel like a form of slavery might occur when she's in her late 20s.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Woman need to stay at home. I don't know when being a stay at home wife and mother became frowned upon.

Feminism has corrupted society :susp:

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
I won't engage in comparing the modern system to the lifestyle of nomadic women or even farming families. It's simply futile—these historical groups lived in what could be considered paradises compared to slavery faced by people in this capitalist-plutocratic system.

The times you're referring to as labour-intensive and gruelling were during the Industrial Revolution, which was still within a capitalist system where people were indeed exploited. In comparison, women today are also part of this system. It's interesting to note that farmers in the Middle Ages had more holidays and worked fewer hours. Women, during that period, were responsible for managing households, safeguarding the farms, and taking care of the children.

Well, I'm a salesman, and my work doesn't involve physical labour—it's more about pampering and influencing C-Suite members. Despite enjoying what I do and viewing it as a way to learn life skills while engaging with rich individuals, there's still a part of me that considers myself somewhat like a "slave." This feeling is tied to having a structured schedule due to work experience but either way especially as a man, I would have been expected to work and be a provider if I ever had a family and part of My deen. However, my goal is to achieve financial freedom by 2025, Inshallah. I know for certain my wife ain't never working or need too you could say.

My grandmother AUN grew up in baadiyo, she lost two children because of childhood diseases and survived several droughts. You are romanticizing the past , their lives were very harsh and a lot of children would die before they reached their first birthday. Modern life is far from perfect but at least women living in western countries have the basic necessities and they have a choice whether they want to be housewife or career woman.

Simply going to any market place in any major city or town in Somalia would dismantle your point. Most market place sellers of fruits and food in general are women back home and the amount of
Women that send money back is astronomical. Also look at the vast majority of workers in the care sector? Somali habayars, who send their money back home.

I think you live in a bubble and I’m glad your mothers and her co-wife have lived in privilege but I find you incredibly out of touch with regards to reality. The average Farax is struggling to look after one woman and I’m talking the basics. Without government assistance, a one bedroom apartment is literally £1500 and that’s not even including the bills that are becoming higher and higher every year.

I truly believe some young Muslim men are on LaLa land especially those that were raised in houses that relied on benefits and government assistance. Many of them had mothers who would get benefits and housing assistance which lowered costs for their husbands and their husbands would
Marry again and send their money back home to another wife. Even that generation of men didn’t provide properly. Yet the same men go on about how their mothers are being provided for!
He’s lying they are probably on welfare and that is the reality he wants for Somali women that has never been our reality we have always worked I swear the war has destroyed our people’s culture and now they all want to impose Wahhabism.

Trending

Latest posts