Women should not be working

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
My grandmother AUN grew up in baadiyo, she lost two children because of childhood diseases and survived several droughts. You are romanticizing the past , their lives were very harsh and a lot of children would die before they reached their first birthday. Modern life is far from perfect but at least women living in western countries have the basic necessities and they have a choice whether they want to be housewife or career woman.
Half of my lineage is in Baadiyo too, But we weren't referring too poverty and living conditions of 3rd world countries but how the working hours and rat race in the capitalist system is something humans should not be doing compared to era of farming and cultivating our lands.

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
He’s lying they are probably on welfare and that is the reality he wants for Somali women that has never been our reality we have always worked I swear the war has destroyed our people’s culture and now they all want to impose Wahhabism.
Your not even worth conversing with you Jahil, seek help you give off ex Muslim vibes.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I think people like choice. That is the operative word. Whether they want to trade their labour for time is their prerogative.

A husband could die. Divorce, though not ideal, is a possible eventuality. A woman could be left with nothing. Also, taking time out of the labour market has a penalizing effect on women. It is a different story if you are enterprising and own a profitable business. However, that isn't the everyday person.

Being a stay-at-home mother, though valuable, is a thankless role where a woman is always on the clock unless she has additional help. Life in the West is more isolating/alienating. You do not have a tribe of women around you to assist. You are essentially in an artificial environment, left to your own devices. And your work does not stop at any point. A working mother has her job as respite. A stay-at-home mother has no breaks. Also, let us not forget that not all husbands are the same, and some are not appreciative and may use finances as leverage.

Making a set of universal principles which do not reflect the reality on the ground isn't just detached it's impractical, hence, why this man's statement (via TikTok) fell on deaf ears.

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
First of all, majority of women are working in female dominated careers. Nurses, teachers and social workers are always short staffed and overworked because more people are needed. So yeah, society will literally collapse without women in the workforce..

Your argument also highlights women's invisible labor. Women's contribution at home and in society has always been downplayed. That's why they are notoriously paid way less than male dominated jobs. A woman with a college degree in the social sciences still makes less than a highschool drop out man working in construction. You can also thank patriarchy and social conditioning since most women shy away from positions of power and are not as money oriented as they should be, because then, society might collapse.

Anyway, this discussion is pointless when reality states otherwise..

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs
You're right Icelandic women managed to do just that in the 70's.