WOMEN ONLY q about feminine hygiene products

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
I personally prefer tampons now. I was recently converted. Whenever I use pads now I feel like I’m wearing a diaper plus I detest the dripping feeling and waterfalls when you laugh or sneeze. Once you get the hang of it you will forget you’re even on your period.

I personally prefer tampons now. I was recently converted. Whenever I use pads now I feel like I’m wearing a diaper plus I detest the dripping feeling and waterfalls when you laugh or sneeze. Once you get the hang of it you will forget you’re even on your period.
interesting :cosbyhmm:
what you mentioned just now is the reasons pads are so annoying, but switching to tampons is an iffy decision
i’ve heard horror stories about girls leaving their tampons in for days and even weeks cause they forgot about it

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
interesting :cosbyhmm:
what you mentioned just now is the reasons pads are so annoying, but switching to tampons is an iffy decision
i’ve heard horror stories about girls leaving their tampons in for days and even weeks cause they forgot about it
Those stories are confusing to me because they need to be changed every few hours. I’m thinking these people don’t shower on the regular :stressed: but then again cramps always remind me what time it is. I guess it depends on the person.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
I tried to use a tampon once, I chickened out I inserted a little in and I could already feel the pain . I don't know how women easily push it inside them , I'm ok with my pads.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
they need to be put in their place
us girls (and few men) of course need assistance from the one and only :salute:

Why thank you. You would think they would be on their best behaviour given the time of year. :leon: Maybe they are Hangry and are misdirecting their frustrations of being locked up and empty bellied on to the ladyfolk.

Why thank you. You would think they would be on their best behaviour given the time of year. :leon: Maybe they are Hangry and are misdirecting their frustrations of being locked up and empty bellied on to the ladyfolk.
that's what i was thinking too
guidance is especially crucial during this time :rejoice:
can misogyny be just a phase?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
that's what i was thinking too
guidance is especially crucial during this time :rejoice:
can misogyny be just a phase?

I think it's very complex and depends on the context. Most male users are pretty tame. Some say misguided things on occasion but it's not something that error correction can't fix.

I've noticed misogyny that heavily focuses on dissecting the appearance of women by heavily focusing on their face, body's size, age, marital status (to lesser degrees), ethnicity. While some remarks are just distasteful innuendos. Then there are the more paternalistic attitudes which are in the margins which see women as child-like entities that need to be instructed and have their movement controlled (which doesn't seem very Somali but I could be wrong).

I think it's very complex and depends on the context. Most male users are pretty tame. Some say misguided things on occasion but it's not something that error correction can't fix.

I've noticed misogyny that heavily focuses on dissecting the appearance of women by heavily focusing on their face, body's size, age, marital status (to lesser degrees), ethnicity. While some remarks are just distasteful innuendos. Then there are the more paternalistic attitudes which are in the margins which see women as child-like entities that need to be instructed and have their movement controlled (which doesn't seem very Somali but I could be wrong).
It is pretty common to see them mainly using jokes and stereotypical comments based on gender alone. Lots of other things do factor into it, like you said. The problematic part is when the more extreme misogynistic views are deeply ingrained into their mindset. It's especially annoying when they use double standards and degradation based on it.
In the Somali community, we don't see the control of women as often, but I still see it happen :cosbyhmm:
I think the double standards and "male privilege" are a more common problem.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It is pretty common to see them mainly using jokes and stereotypical comments based on gender alone. Lots of other things do factor into it, like you said. The problematic part is when the more extreme misogynistic views are deeply ingrained into their mindset. It's especially annoying when they use double standards and degradation based on it.
In the Somali community, we don't see the control of women as often, but I still see it happen :cosbyhmm:
I think the double standards and "male privilege" are a more common problem.

:leon: So, what are these extreme views that they harbour? I have heard of some cases too (I would like to think it's in the margins).

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
They’re not safe, they don’t allow blood clot to come out which needs to come out otherwise it will build up in your uterus not to mention no one wants to stick something in their vagina.
It isn’t going to build up in your uterus... firstly it doesn’t even reach beyond the cervix and secondly, the uterus will contract away any left over tissue.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
It isn’t going to build up in your uterus... firstly it doesn’t even reach beyond the cervix and secondly, the uterus will contract away any left over tissue.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Either way it’s better out than in. Clots can be very dangerous so I don’t see why it’s hard to just wear a sanitary towel for a few days instead of giving your body more work. Also make sure you get organic tampons if you insist on using them or even a menstrual cup.

Lmao at your spoiler.:damn:Nah seriously though the only people I know who use them are those that have had multiple children.