WOMEN ONLY q about feminine hygiene products

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
People seem to think that tampons = losing your virginity or something like that. Or otherwise, they’re put off by the fear of toxic shock syndrome.

Gedogyal

good cop
Anything that has to do with a woman’s genitalia (no matter in what context) is just a sin in ppl’s eyes :dead: You’d be seen as a hoe if you wore a tampon... weird

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
YOU'RE BACK!! :rejoice:

makes sense, those reasons all scare me off

Thank you my teacher-pupil. I am but a humble life long student. Here to learn from you, now.

They scare me :kanyeshrug:

welcome back walaal @sophisticate :friendhug:

Thank you huuno.:friendhug:

:cosbyhmm: I don't understand the actual benefit. I stopped swimming by age 14/15. And I hear tampons are treated with chlorine (which have dioxin and furans as byproducts and are linked to hormonal imbalances and allergies) , contain pesticides and plastics. So it doesn't seem all that worth it.

Thank you my teacher-pupil. I am but a humble life long student. Here to learn from you, now.

Thank you huuno.:friendhug:

:cosbyhmm: I don't understand the actual benefit. I stopped swimming by age 14/15. And I hear tampons are treated with chlorine (which have dioxin and furans as byproducts and are linked to hormonal imbalances and allergies) , contain pesticides and plastics. So it doesn't seem all that worth it.
you learning from me? that could never happen
eee.JPG

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
Youre not suppose to use tampon according to some culima but ive never heard of most Somali girls not using period pads.
I’ve heard of that too, I think especially in the Hanafi or Malaki school of thoughts (I think, don’t quote me on it.). I think the rationale is that it has the potential to harm and inserting something inside is akin to masturbation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i actually used to think menstrual cups were very convenient, but those are some cons i'd like to avoid

Anything that has to do with a woman’s genitalia (no matter in what context) is just a sin in ppl’s eyes :dead: You’d be seen as a *** if you wore a tampon... weird
it's sad cause there's no pleasure to be derived from it at all, but ig because people think broken hymen = virginity gone, they strongly disapprove

I’ve heard of that too, I think especially in the Hanafi or Malaki school of thoughts (I think, don’t quote me on it.). I think the rationale is that it has the potential to harm and inserting something inside is akin to masturbation.

This is why women scholars are needed. There’s nothing pleasure about that. Yikes!

Also the logic is flawed

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There is absolutely no cons to using menstrual cups. First of all, they don't even reach high enough in the vagina to break a hymen. They are super easy to insert once your get a hang of it. The amount of time you can use it without cleaning out the blood depends on your flow but for most normal flow people, they can use it for up to 12 hours. Cleaning is super easy too once you get a hang of it, just dump in toilet and wash with soap or feminine wash. If inserted properly, there's no chances of leaking. And best of all, unlike pads, which are awkward to use and feels like a diaper, you barely feel the cup inside you and you completely forget that you're on your period.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
They’re not safe, they don’t allow blood clot to come out which needs to come out otherwise it will build up in your uterus not to mention no one wants to stick something in their vagina.

Trending