Woman Dances For Her Oxygen-Deprived Baby

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Social media and narcissism🤝
Agreed.

Narcissism is more pronounced in Millennials and Gen Zs than previous Generations of Gen Xers and Boomers. We use more singular pronouns now (not including those non-binary pronoun zealots that will cancel you for not honoring their it/them/they/demon personal descriptors).

This generation engages in more expressive individualism, oversharing their thoughts and emotions and displaying attention-seeking behavior and self-promotion.

What needs to end is overexposure. It must stop. Don’t you miss knowing less when there were greater limits to self-disclosure? Rather than this mess of scandalous personal stories (#storytimes and #teatimes) often exaggerated and sometimes fabricated purely for likes and shares.

Don’t they get TikTok is corny? Its tacky seeing these reels of choreographed Bollywood-like numbers everywhere. The last thing anyone would want is a dancing Anesthesiologist/Surgeon in the middle of surgery but I’m afraid it may come to that if it hasn't already.

Not always true but I get kinda unsettled when I see people who seem as "Happy" as her on social media. I feel like they're likely masking a lot of depression or overall issues. It's just that there's happiness and there's what these people project which almost feels like they're experiencing a manic episode and overdoing it. I'm often told I'm hyper and vibrant but even I don't seem that high energy and overly lit 24/7. It just sometimes makes me suspicious.
It certainly feels like they're always putting on a show. It must be hard to keep up that energy.

Agreed.

Narcissism is more pronounced in Millennials and Gen Zs than previous Generations of Gen Xers and Boomers. We use more singular pronouns now (not including those non-binary pronoun zealots that will cancel you for not honoring their it/them/they/demon personal descriptors).

This generation engages in more expressive individualism, oversharing their thoughts and emotions and displaying attention-seeking behavior and self-promotion.

What needs to end is overexposure. It must stop. Don’t you miss knowing less when there were greater limits to self-disclosure? Rather than this mess of scandalous personal stories (#storytimes and #teatimes) often exaggerated and sometimes fabricated purely for likes and shares.

Don’t they get TikTok is corny? Its tacky seeing these reels of choreographed Bollywood-like numbers everywhere. The last thing anyone would want is a dancing Anesthesiologist/Surgeon in the middle of surgery but I’m afraid it may come to that if it hasn't already.

It certainly feels like they're always putting on a show. It must be hard to keep up that energy.
One hundred percent. It can't bode well for humans when they find comfort in absurdity. If the discrepancy between reality and people's perception of reality is too great, it can put things on shaky ground regarding survival.

Even so, there is a lot of money to be made from that gap.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:damn:

I once had a pretty dark skinned South Indian taxi driver start casually speaking to me in his language (Tamil or Malayalam) for at least several minutes until he looked at me in the eyes carefully and said "You not Indian?".

:dead:

I was dumbfounded, walaalkay, because this was a time when I was sporting a large, bushy afro.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Kid of gen X’s passing through LOL

I’m gen Z (on the cusp though so borderline millennial lmfao)
That makes sense. But the kids of millennials on the other hand, God Help Us. :holeup:

One hundred percent. It can't bode well for humans when they find comfort in absurdity. If the discrepancy between reality and people's perception of reality is too great, it can put things on shaky ground regarding survival.

Even so, there is a lot of money to be made from that gap.
:kanyehmm:Are you saying we should capitalize off their mental illness/identity dysmorphia?

What has come to the world... I've seen some of the most attention seeking bull on TikTok and it never fails to make me lose faith in humanity.
The best thing for your mental health is to stay way from socials. Especially the train wreck that is TikTok.

:kanyehmm:Are you saying we should capitalize off their mental illness/identity dysmorphia?
Nah, lol.

There is money to be made from large-scale human behavioral trends to maximize utility and monetarily. I spoke in an extremely general vague abstractive sense, not particularly about that dumb stuff.

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

Jokes aside, Northeast Africa and South Asia are like weird mirror images in many ways. NE Africa is to Africa what the subcontinent is to Eurasia. Basically, they are both extreme hotbeds of human genetic diversity where the many genetic components of their continent heavily coalesce.

In a very loose way you can think of very northern South-Central Asians like Pashtuns, Balochis and Sindhis as equivalent to Egyptians in NE Africa then North-Sudanese and most Horners are equivalents to most other Desis who are intermediates between the native East Eurasian ("Australoid") Hunter-Gatherers and West-Eurasians whereas the more native tribals are like equivalents to our native Nilotes and Omotics. Both regions even have vestiges of genetic components and/or groups from far flung parts of their continents like the legit East Asians and East Asian admixture in eastern parts of South Asia or the ancient San-like admixture in the Horn associated with our native HGs. Then you have Afro-Asiatic which is a large language family shared with many people outside of Northeast Africa (though it most likely originated in our region) as a sort of parallel to Indo-European in the subcontinent and then you have the large mostly native language families in the form of Nilo-Saharan and Dravidian.

It's even cool how the ancient MENA in our respective regions are polar opposites within the ancient MENA genetic continuum. Desis are mostly Iran-Neolithic~Caucasus HG admixed/biased whereas we Northeast Africans are mostly Anatolian Neolithic~Natufian admixed/biased. Those two continuums are basically the two opposite ends of the prehistoric Middle East. The former being Ancient North Eurasian admixed and the latter being more WHG-like admixed. This also contributes to the uncanny valley situation when looking at some Horners and Desis like South-Central Indics in terms of appearance. We look clearly very different but there's a sort of queer similarity because their native HG ancestors and our proto-Nilotic ancestors would have also looked similar but clearly different whereas our ancient MENA ancestors also would have looked vaguely similar but still clearly different. The uncanniness would have probably been even more freaky if native South Asian HGs had Afro-textured hair the way their Andaman relatives do.

But yeah, the two regions are in many ways weird reflections of one other. Both even concidentally birthed two early river civilizations. The Indus Valley Civilization and Ancient Egypt/Nubia. So many weird parallels.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Nah, lol.

There is money to be made from large-scale human behavioral trends to maximize utility and monetarily. I spoke in an extremely general vague abstractive sense, not particularly about that dumb stuff.
I see. Human behaviour appears to be going through rapid shifts with people being more and more immersed in digital life, with problematic smartphone use and internet addiction on the rise especially during the pandemic. To put things in perspective, nearly 50% of people would that avoid their friends for a year than give up their cell phone.

Jokes aside, Northeast Africa and South Asia are like weird mirror images in many ways. NE Africa is to Africa what the subcontinent is to Eurasia. Basically, they are both extreme hotbeds of human genetic diversity where the many genetic components of their continent heavily coalesce.

In a very loose way you can think of very northern South-Central Asians like Pashtuns, Balochis and Sindhis as equivalent to Egyptians in NE Africa then North-Sudanese and most Horners are equivalents to most other Desis who are intermediates between the native East Eurasian ("Australoid") Hunter-Gatherers and West-Eurasians whereas the more native tribals are like equivalents to our native Nilotes and Omotics. Both regions even have vestiges of genetic components and/or groups from far flung parts of their continents like the legit East Asians and East Asian admixture in eastern parts of South Asia or the ancient San-like admixture in the Horn associated with our native HGs. Then you have Afro-Asiatic which is a large language family shared with many people outside of Northeast Africa (though it most likely originated in our region) as a sort of parallel to Indo-European in the subcontinent and then you have the large mostly native language families in the form of Nilo-Saharan and Dravidian.

It's even cool how the ancient MENA in our respective regions are polar opposites within the ancient MENA genetic continuum. Desis are mostly Iran-Neolithic~Caucasus HG admixed/biased whereas we Northeast Africans are mostly Anatolian Neolithic~Natufian admixed/biased. Those two continuums are basically the two opposite ends of the prehistoric Middle East. The former being Ancient North Eurasian admixed and the latter being more WHG-like admixed. This also contributes to the uncanny valley situation when looking at some Horners and Desis like South-Central Indics in terms of appearance. We look clearly very different but there's a sort of queer similarity because their native HG ancestors and our proto-Nilotic ancestors would have also looked similar but clearly different whereas our ancient MENA ancestors also would have looked vaguely similar but still clearly different. The uncanniness would have probably been even more freaky if native South Asian HGs had Afro-textured hair the way their Andaman relatives do.

But yeah, the two regions are in many ways weird reflections of one other. Both even concidentally birthed two early river civilizations. The Indus Valley Civilization and Ancient Egypt/Nubia. So many weird parallels.

I see some parallels but I think they are quite different. :ohno: Those Andamese look more like dark skinned pygmies.
1640456697952.png

They don't remind me at all of omotic groups.
1640456959253.png

Nor of Nilotes:
1640457024494.png

Trending