I no longer spar, but boxing is still a favourite. I lost interest after M Pacquiao, A Gatti, mWeather, and others of that class retired. In his prime, Eubank Sr was one hell of a fighter, not just a boxer.
I also only follow big fights every now & then. Boxing is for the most a shit show big fighters avoiding eachother in ther prime & fighting no names instead.

That's why many prefer to watch mma the best fight always fight the best .

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
If you really trained any legit martial arts you should know how useless wing tsun is in most cases.

There is no legit fighter with wing tsun as base in any major mma organization.
I strongly agree. It's a great way to stay in shape like Tai Chi or any of the other karate art forms, but they don't really have any practicality in terms of self defense or in general combat.

The most legit karate art form is kyokushin and combat tae kwon do, but even then Muay Thai/Boxing/Kickboxing are far superior in terms of striking arts.

I rank martial arts

Wrestling/BJJ/Boxing/Muay Thai/Sambo(hard to find)>>Kickboxing/Judo>>>>>>kyokushin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>krav maga>>>>>>>> non practical arts(wing-chun/tai chi)

I strongly agree. It's a great way to stay in shape like Tai Chi or any of the other karate art forms, but they don't really have any practicality in terms of self defense or in general combat.

The most legit karate art form is kyokushin and combat tae kwon do, but even then Muay Thai/Boxing/Kickboxing are far superior in terms of striking arts.

I rank martial arts

Wrestling/BJJ/Boxing/Muay Thai/Sambo(hard to find)>>Kickboxing/Judo>>>>>>kyokushin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>krav maga>>>>>>>> non practical arts(wing-chun/tai chi)
I heard many people say that, but as someone who boxed, I sit on the other side of the fence. You should have seen my old instructor in Foshan in action.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
I heard many people say that, but as someone who boxed, I sit on the other side of the fence. You should have seen my old instructor in Foshan in action.
I boxed, did tae kwon do, muay thai, bjj and most importantly wrestled.

I did Tae Kwon do all throughout middle school and god damn, I was in really good shape and was strong, but I legit didn't learn anything of importance especially when it came to sparring.

I got way better when I started boxing/muay thai/bjj. I plan on getting back to it this year and hopefully compete.

This isn't to diss Wingchun or Tae kwon do or Tai chi, they have their place, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who's seriously looking to get better at combat arts.

I boxed, did tae kwon do, muay thai, bjj and most importantly wrestled.

I did Tae Kwon do all throughout middle school and god damn, I was in really good shape and was strong, but I legit didn't learn anything of importance especially when it came to sparring.

I got way better when I started boxing/muay thai/bjj. I plan on getting back to it this year and hopefully compete.
Fair enough. I will not challenge you for a sparring session then.

Of late, I have been exploring Wrestling (Somali & Indian style), and I am liking it.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Fair enough. I will not challenge you for a sparring session then.

Of late, I have been exploring Wrestling (Somali & Indian style), and I am liking it.
Oh I was just curious where you lived 🀣

I'm down to spar though for fun if you're ever in Toronto. My mma gym is really big.

Wrestling is incredible. It's the toughest martial art I've trained. Your body will get rekt from the conditioning but it's worth it.

Oh I was just curious where you lived 🀣

I'm down to spar though for fun if you're ever in Toronto. My mma gym is really big.

Wrestling is incredible. It's the toughest martial art I've trained. Your body will get rekt from the conditioning but it's worth it.
Definitely, if ever in Toronto.
Oh yes, wrestling is brutal esp. if one is out of form. Unfortunately, I do not get to do as much as I once did, as between work and academic research there is very little else.

Wing Chun seems ineffective ngl. There's a somewhat famous Chinese mma practitioner who beat up a few Wing Chun masters and exposed the art. I think you might prefer Sanda. It's Chinese kickboxing, and feels a lot more practical than Wing Chun

Wing Chun seems ineffective ngl. There's a somewhat famous Chinese mma practitioner who beat up a few Wing Chun masters and exposed the art. I think you might prefer Sanda. It's Chinese kickboxing, and feels a lot more practical than Wing Chun
Was it due to the skill, or lack there of, the Wng Chun fighter, or the style in, and of itself? Were the fighters of equal stature, skill-wise?

Which one do you practise?

Was it due to the skill, or lack there of, the Wng Chun fighter, or the style in, and of itself? Were the fighters of equal stature, skill-wise?

The MMA guy(Xu Xiaodong) was definitely heavier, but any decent grappler would have beaten the Wing Chun practitioner(Ding Hao). Ding Hao wasn't lacking in Wing Chun skills, I believe, the art just wasn't effective. I think sanda is far superior

Sxb, why aren't there any successful Wing Chun fighters in MMA organisations? We've seen karate, muay thai, kickboxing and boxing all successfully utilised in MMA, but not Wing Chun.

Neither. I've done a bit of judo, but I'm not any good.

The MMA guy(Xu Xiaodong) was definitely heavier, but any decent grappler would have beaten the Wing Chun practitioner(Ding Hao). Ding Hao wasn't lacking in Wing Chun skills, I believe, the art just wasn't effective.
See, MMA is different in its fighting technique, approach, and is now at its peak in terms of popularity. Just to gauge your station on the fighting pendulum: which do you consider superior: MMA vs traditional boxing?

I think sanda is far superior
I am unfamiliar with Sanda, and shall explore it.

Sxb, why aren't there any successful Wing Chun fighters in MMA organisations? We've seen karate, muay thai, kickboxing and boxing all successfully utilised in MMA, but not Wing Chun.
Lee Shailong, granted he modified the style of fighting by incorporating a multitude of fighting skills from other sports in then developing Jeet Kune Do, with karate and boxing influence. When Kimura, a prolific karate fighter first fought Lee, Kimura won from the go, but then the 2nd, and the 3rd, it was an easy picking for Lee.