Will your parents allow you to marry a foreigner?

My parents said they will disown me , in fact I can’t even joke about bringing an ajanabi home . Anyways I can see their point, it will cause cultural clashes etc.

This might sound bad but I lowkey look down on Somalis that marry out it’s been ingrained in me it doesn’t help my habaryar married one and got divorced with a lot of kids and no one had sympathy for her 😭

My parents would accept it as long as they are muslim. But naturally everyone prefers their own and so would they. Makes it easier to understand and communicate with somali obviously

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
My parents said they will disown me , in fact I can’t even joke about bringing an ajanabi home . Anyways I can see their point, it will cause cultural clashes etc.

This might sound bad but I lowkey look down on Somalis that marry out it’s been ingrained in me it doesn’t help my habaryar married one and got divorced with a lot of kids and no one had sympathy for her 😭
My parents have no problem with it. They are very liberal :hova:

I don't know if it's true, but I once heard hooyo on the phone saying to this habayar , why is it that majority of the time when they marry a non Somali, they always ask for help instead of asking their ajnabi partner for help.
Can anyone tell me what she meant by help?
Is it about community help?

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
Yes I have many cousin married to ajnabis my family don't care. Parents don't have that primitive mindset. As long as their Muslim. Its fine. I'm probably going to marry ajanabi. No insult to xalimos but I just can't see myself married to one. I don't care about having somali children tbh. As long as their Muslim and functional and productive members of society I'll love them and I'd be happy for them. I'm going to teach my children both their cultures. I'm going to teach them somali,teach them their lineage and dhaqan. And tel them to embrace both of their heritages. You guys are very unlucky. :whew: :pachah1: :pachah1: :mjdontkno:

I don't know if it's true, but I once heard hooyo on the phone saying to this habayar , why is it that majority of the time when they marry a non Somali, they always ask for help instead of asking their ajnabi partner for help.
Can anyone tell me what she meant by help?
Is it about community help?

I think it depends , gaalos are individualistic and only have their immediate family to help them out . Most Muslims are family orientated but don’t like it when their children marry out so maybe they she can’t ask for help

Yes I have many cousin married to ajnabis my family don't care. Parents don't have that primitive mindset. As long as their Muslim. Its fine. I'm probably going to marry ajanabi. No insult to xalimos but I just can't see myself married to one. I don't care about having somali children tbh. As long as their Muslim and functional and productive members of society I'll love them and I'd be happy for them. I'm going to teach my children both their cultures. I'm going to teach them somali,teach them their lineage and dhaqan. And tel them to embrace both of their heritages. You guys are very unlucky. :whew: :pachah1: :pachah1: :mjdontkno:

Most Muslims are family orientated and only want their children marrying within their tribe / ethnicity

Kulaha primitive thinking only madows and east Asians marry out in droves , a sign of self hate 🤔

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
Most Muslims are family orientated and only want their children marrying within their tribe / ethnicity

Kulaha primitive thinking only madows and east Asians marry out in droves , a sign of self hate 🤔
Not self hate. Maybe your family care about ethnicity mine don't. It's all preference tbh. And choice. It's all your life. At the end of the day. I think it's pretty primitive to care about mixing in 2021. It's bound to happen.

I could, but it's not preferable. Some actually find ajnabi/Somali couples much more preferable than different Qabil marriages.

One of my cousins did, and he married an Egyptian. His parents & mine's were perfectly fine with it, but they insisted that he married a woman from our sub-sub tribe. Marrying outside qabil is considered more taboo than miscegenation to them. :lol:

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
I could, but it's not preferable. Some actually find ajnabi/Somali couples much more preferable than different Qabil marriages.

One of my cousins did, and he married an Egyptian. His parents & mine's were perfectly fine with it, but they insisted that he married a woman from our sub-sub tribe. Marrying outside qabil is considered more taboo than miscegenation to them. :lol:
Many somali families are like that. Some think like why would let my children marry from opp qabils :dead:

Trending