Will You Support Your Wife's Family Financially?

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
My cousin met this qurux amazing girl. She is a nurse, good character and very hard working. Only bummer he says, her family financially depend on her.

He is worried the family will expect him to support them after they get married. I am speechless 😅
Is this a legit concern men have?

My cousin met this qurux amazing girl. She is a nurse, good character and very hard working. Only bummer he says, her family financially depend on her.

He is worried the family will expect him to support them after they get married. Lol, I am speechless. Is this a legit concern men have? 😅
More likely he’ll have to support her while all her money goes towards supporting her family. The question is, can he handle that? I’ve heard stories like these before and that’s usually the case.

I mean, yeah, sure, I'll do it.

But it depends on what you mean 'support'. By support, do I have to just spend money? Or do I have to attend to their other needs?

I'm more than willing to do the former, but the latter I cannot.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
More likely he’ll have to support her while all her money goes towards supporting her family. The question is, can he handle that? I’ve heard stories like these before and that’s usually the case.

I am assuming he is worried she might want to stop working and be there for the children which he doesn't mind to support them but what if her family expects him to send money then..

Idk, if that makes sense 🙏

He is worried the family will expect him to support them after they get married. I am speechless 😅
Is this a legit concern men have?
Watch, without even reading any comments I automatically predict majority of them will say hell no! Because when things don’t benefit them directly it’s the hell with dhaqan and deen. Suddenly they have western values but as soon a situation benefits the woman, they transport back 1400 years and it’s all rigid dhaqan iyo deen lol. It’s hilarious to watch people with no true convictions or moral ground. Now let’s see...

giphy.gif

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
Watch, without even reading any comments I automatically predict majority of them will say hell no! Because when things don’t benefit them directly it’s the hell with dhaqan and deen. Suddenly they have western values but as soon a situation benefits the woman, they transport back 1400 years and it’s all rigid dhaqan iyo deen lol. It’s hilarious to watch people with no true convictions or moral ground. Now let’s see...

giphy.gif
You seem to love to expose faraxs hypocrisy
giphy.gif

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
I have too! my dad used to feed my moms whole sub-sub-sub clan and they’re the same tribe. So I have to at least be able to take care of her parents and siblings.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Why not? If you can support the nuclear family and the clan, why not support your extended family. It will surly help you later on, or if not, it becomes a good deed for your afterlife.

It all depends on the financial situation.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Watch, without even reading any comments I automatically predict majority of them will say hell no! Because when things don’t benefit them directly it’s the hell with dhaqan and deen. Suddenly they have western values but as soon a situation benefits the woman, they transport back 1400 years and it’s all rigid dhaqan iyo deen lol. It’s hilarious to watch people without no true convictions or moral ground. Now let’s see...

giphy.gif

Lol, diaspora men can be confusing 😂

The amount of times my dad sent me money to drop to the xawalad for my mum's family back home..

Of course, times have changed.
I personally don't expect my future husband to support my family. It is not his responsibility. But if we can afford it, it won't sit right with me to watch my family struggle..

Sure if it’s just her immediate family I’m more than happy to, although I would decline if it’s something like her relatives obviously using her to buy khat or something ridiculous.

Lol, diaspora men can be confusing 😂

The amount of times my dad sent me money to drop to the xawalad for my mum's family back home..

Of course, times have changed.
I personally don't expect my future husband to support my family. It is not his responsibility but if we can afford it, it won't sit right with me to watch my family struggle..
For sure times have changed. I just can’t see a diaspora guy born and raised in the West agreeing to such an arrangement. I can see resentment building and the couple ultimately breaking up.

Many want to live a life they’ve never had and want their children to have a live they never had. Giving money to relatives, I can see, may become a huge issue in the marriage. Obv this is my opinion.