Will you give your children black/darkskin dolls?

Will you?

• Yes - This will make them more comfortable in their skin

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • No - Its not that deep

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Unsure/never thought about it

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think its important for your childs self confidence that they play with dolls that look like them instead of blonde cadaan barbies?

Always Lit

Everybody lies, which ones are tolerable??
i will make them play with horses and cows in a huge ranch in the middle of nowhere, somewhere in Somalia...

Dolls were created by cadaans for cadaans..
:nahgirl:

Yes if my kids are darkskinned I will give them darkskin dolls because they would feel more comfortable and they can learn to love themselves. They will feel beautiful in their dark qurux skin tone.:it0tdo8:

:mjlol: I made this thread as a joke but im curious to see responses
Something tells me you were intially serious, saw the reaction and kept it going for the sake of riling them up while being only half serious...am I in the ballpark?

I don't blame you, somalis with their tissue skin are too easy to bait.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Do you think its important for your childs self confidence that they play with dolls that look like them instead of blonde cadaan barbies?
Did not think that far in the future

Maybe in the future idk.

Last year I got my little brother some green lantern comics and some black panther action figures. Just cause Jon Stewart pulls bad es and black panther Just for the culture

Dark dolly? Im not even gonna let them be friends with dark people and will start their bleaching treatment at 5. That way it become more natural for their skin

Why will i let my children play with dolls. There are so many stimulating activities for children to undertake at such a crucial age, that i would not even think of buying a doll even once.

:drakewtf:

Something tells me you were intially serious, saw the reaction and kept it going for the sake of riling them up while being only half serious...am I in the ballpark?

I don't blame you, somalis with their tissue skin are too easy to bait.
What reaction?:what1:

I never used dolls, but I sure will choose black/dark skin dolls for my child if I ever have one. If it's for a specific character like Barbie, then I wouldn't mind giving my child a white doll.

It is deep, and whoever thinks it's not is delusional. Dolls are meant to be pretty/played with most of the times, and giving your child a blonde haired white doll will set Eurocentric beauty standards to their heads at a very young age.

no but ill give my children this emoji
gdUpTpt.png
instead of this :mjlol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending