will taliban support al-shabaab now that it has taken over

The Taliban can't exert power outside their country or to even neighboring Pakistan.

Somali society will not accept women and girls to be denied education.

Alshabab is already being decimated, they will be a shadow of themselves in a year.

The issue many of these Jihadists face is that even when they take over a country or an area they still behave as they are illegitimate. Look at Afghanistan, they are shooting guns into the air.

The Chinese communists took over China and started wearing uniforms, suits and built things to get the population on their side.

Many of these Islamic fundementalists just want Jihad. They don't know how to take a military win and turn it into legitimate rule. Your fighters need to start leveraging their identity as a state by wearing uniforms so their rule looks legitimate. You have heavy set men walking around looking to see if women are wearing bras. Embarrassment.

The issue many of these Jihadists face is that even when they take over a country or an area they still behave as they are illegitimate. Look at Afghanistan, they are shooting guns into the air.

The Chinese communists took over China and started wearing uniforms, suits and built things to get the population on their side.

Many of these Islamic fundementalists just want Jihad. They don't know how to take a military win and turn it into legitimate rule. Your fighters need to start leveraging their identity as a state by wearing uniforms so their rule looks legitimate. You have heavy set men walking around looking to see if women are wearing bras. Embarrassment.
i dont agree with this, rashidun caliphate or the ummayads was also jihadist in that terms but look at how sucessful they were and ruled for long period of time and the empire grew.

i dont agree with this, rashidun caliphate or the ummayads was also jihadist in that terms but look at how sucessful they were and ruled for long period of time and the empire grew.

I am talking about this century. Look at Saudi Arabia, even though they are backwards, they have the legitimacy of a state with laws, and people in uniform.

I am talking about this century. Look at Saudi Arabia, even though they are backwards, they have the legitimacy of a state with laws, and people in uniform.
Oh i didnt know that sry but yeah thats a solid & smart point you made. so do you think this new afghanistan taliban rule will last long like ummayads or will it collapse? if they truly rule with islamic policies i think it will last long aslong as they do not get attacked by other powerful nations like china india pakistan usa russia for minerals in the area or other resons.

but that would only harm the economy i think afghanistan will be solid as rock and under islamic rule not collapse inshAllah this is my point of view tbh.

One of the best things the Somali government (Farmaajo) did was to make sure that Somali soldiers wore a uniform and were trained. Before you couldn't tell if the government was Alshabaab because it was men with AK47s, who were wearing sandals.

The benefit of being a government is that people will atomically see what you do as legitimate because the people carrying out the orders are trained, have uniforms, roles and answer to authority.

These religious zealots can never master that part of the PR.

It use to be routine in Somalia where police and military had on going fights or soldiers use to kill civilians. You don't hear of that any more because they are more disciplined, better trained and face consequences for their actions.

You don't get it. It would destroy Al Shabab's moral. Their websites and twitter news accounts have been partying. Once the Taliban raises the Somali flag in Kabul Al shabab will be livid.

That is not how policies should be enacted.

You would be rewarding any group that takes over a country by force.

The Taliban can't exert power outside their country or to even neighboring Pakistan.

Somali society will not accept women and girls to be denied education.

Alshabab is already being decimated, they will be a shadow of themselves in a year.
What has education done for you? at least Taliban can say they're free while you're still enslaved by africans :cryinglaughsmiley: :cryinglaughsmiley:

What has education done for you? at least Taliban can say they're free while you're still enslaved by africans :cryinglaughsmiley: :cryinglaughsmiley:

I am in the U.S. Looking down on education is the reason why Somalia has been lawless for so long.

As for Afghanistan, what does it say about life under the Taliban, if people are trying to climb on to planes and risking death by falling off of them while they are in mid flight.

I am in the U.S. Looking down on education is the reason why Somalia has been lawless for so long.

As for Afghanistan, what does it say about life under the Taliban, if people are trying to climb on to planes and risking death by falling off of them while they are in mid flight.
that's the people who worked for US lol they know they might get killed for helping them normal afghans are celebrating.

that's the people who worked for US lol they know they might get killed for helping them normal afghans are celebrating.

Those were not people who worked for the U.S.

Those were young men trying to flee.

You had thousands of cars abandoned on the roads so people could walk to the airport.

Trending