Will Somalia ever become a developed country?

Portugal isnt really all that great of a goal

Somalia can become a developed country in todays terms, but at the current pace we will be left behind by other nations by the time we become "developed"

No.

Somalis are stupid.

Somalis will always fight over qabiil.

Somalis are Muslim so they are allergic to peace.

Somalis have never really been prosperous, I don't think they have the ability to do it.

I would be surprised if they manage to pull it off.

I don't see it happening in my lifetime.

Also for the people laughing at Portugal, you would only dream of reaching their level, lol

:ulyin:

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Which is not possible. Unless we form a country with, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Sudan.
Even then we need centuries to reach the USA level
We don’t need an extremely large landmass, we can still achieve 1st world status but a lot of change will need to take place and time

It sad that portugal is considered a shithole in Europe but to us not even their level is achievable in this lifetime

It's really sad. I don't what we're gaining from worshipping our ancestors who are gone hundreds of years if not thousands.
Qabiil is dumbest thing to destruct a whole nation for

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Only a brutal dictator, one party rule like China, south Korea, Singapore, Rwanda had can change the mindset of our people.
Democracy is a waste for Somalia
i agree democracy only works when people are willing to put their shit assde and work towards the common good witch we aren't sadly a dictator should be able to put the country back in order for at least a few decades

That's my fear, all humans living in advanced world, while we live in undeveloped world.

I propose the opposite: we may remain undeveloped but everyone else joins us.

1594748246020.png

The self hate in these comments is staggering.

Especially @Saeedlfc . Are you even Somali bisinka?

Of course Somalia can become developed. South Korea was dirt poor not that long ago and look at it now.

Somalis are born entrepreneurs and everywhere you look in Somalia, progress is being made. The Somali people are hungry for change and naturally competitive.

I have no doubt that Somalia will inshAllah prosper. We have moved from wide scale fighting to political manoeuvring and state building.

Our strategic location, unexplored resources, young population, large diaspora, arable lands and burgeoning private sectors means that the building blocks are there.

We just need to get regulations in place, increase the tax base and utilise modern technologies to fast track industrialisation.

Many of these so called 'developed' nations did so by exploiting and pillaging others. Nothing to admire.

I would say that Somalia's future looks promising.

i agree democracy only works when people are willing to put their shit assde and work towards the common good witch we aren't sadly a dictator should be able to put the country back in order for at least a few decades
Democracy is not suitable for the illiterate, clanist, extremist folks in Somalia.
Democracy will hinder every program the state plans.

Trending

Latest posts