Why you shouldn't feel guilty about taking off the hijab

Should a woman that doesn't want to wear the hijab wear it for the sake of family?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1; You never chose this in the first

2; It's okay to change your mind

3; You can't control others, all you can do is control yourself

4; You don't want to have bidaar at age 25 @Reiko :damedamn:

Anyways in this Q & A taking off the hijab, guilt after leaving islam, burden of being the eldest child is discussed

Before hand I thank

@AussieHustler for being supportive in the earlier thread.

@Reiko for pretending she didn't care.

@VixR for watching on the sidelines as always.

@Basra for her entertaining outbursts.

@R.Kelly for staying away.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Anyways in this Q & A taking off the hijab, guilt after leaving islam, burden of being the eldest child is discussed

Before hand I thank

Hijaab protects us from the glare of men. Besides, Hijaab is a uniform of respect, just like putting on a police uniform or a military uniform

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
She can post whatever the hell she wants as long as she doesn't break the forum rules, it's called Somalispot not Muslimspot.

Not Showing offensive obscene or graphic images is part of the rules

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
What if you never wore it (like yours truly)? And it was presented as a choice rather than a mandate most of your life. :siilaanyolaugh: I came from a liberal household (only in the manner of dress) so I cannot relate to it as an imposition. However, I'm very choice-based and believe people should do as they see fit but there will always be consequences from one's actions be they social (in the here-and-now) or divine (depending on your beliefs).

Hijab does some job in deterring attention in terms of reducing physical desirability, but it attracts attention from the (muh sister types of men), rare breeds who are off their handle, dirty looks from individuals that are biased against Muslims and is generally a noticeable garment. Thing is when you make a decision to wear it you take on all of that because you view it as a demonstration of your faith and ability to endure in a climate that can get a bit turbulent.

And obviously, it does not prevent sexual assault (since a deviant is a deviant and doesn't care about layers of garment) and would sexualize a shadow if that were all the material he had to work with.

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
Tf is this? Just for that I’ll wear TWO jilbaabs today, I’ll stack ‘em up

VixR

Veritas
I wasn’t forced/pressured into wearing it, but I know that’s pretty rare. I wore it of my own accord and took it off of my own accord. I got praise for the attempt and disappointment for it’s coming off.

Even if I still had faith, I wouldn’t have lasted with hijab and would’ve returned to being a non-hijabi. I never felt like myself with it on. I didn’t feel like a girl either. It’s sort of like the garment equivalent of being a female eunuch, everything that makes you a woman from the hair on your head to the size of your ankles is effectively erased, and all your true form/essence is veiled. As someone who wasn’t wearing hijab prior, I became depressed tbh.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I wasn’t forced/pressured into wearing it, but I know that’s pretty rare. I wore it of my own accord and took it off of my own accord. I got praise for the attempt and disappointment for it’s coming off.

Even if I still had faith, I wouldn’t have lasted with hijab and would’ve returned to being a non-hijabi. I never felt like myself with it on. I didn’t feel like a girl either. It’s sort of like the garment equivalent of being a female eunuch, everything that makes you a woman from the hair on your head to the size of your ankles is effectively erased, and all your true form/essence is veiled. As someone who wasn’t wearing hijab prior, I became depressed tbh.
Eunuch literally means castrated, a female cannot be eunuch

Before hand I thank

"Ex- Muslim advice"
What advice could you possibly have to give? You've turned away from your Creator. You will spend an eternity in hell. Eternity is a long time saaxib. You'd pass out if I pinched your arm for 15mins. Anything you have to say are whispers of shaytan.
Your an ignorant fool for posting your podcast here thinking you'll gain fame and fortune. I will never comprehend your kind. You've left our culture, traditions, and religion because you've decided that it doesn't suit you. So then leave. Why do you keep coming back with this nonsense. You're not a force to be reckoned with who can change our ways. There is no place for gays and far right liberalism in Islam or somalinimo. So go start your own shit and take the scum who share your sentiment. Suratul kafirum was revealed because of your kind. When a Christian becomes an atheist, he just lives life till he dies, but when a Muslim becomes atheist, their whole life becomes about being an ex-muslim making blogs and cartoons day in and out. They become obsessed, because it's not like Christianity, it the truth.

Thanks for posting this, will definitely listen to it later. In my opinion the hijab is forced on most girls that wear it. The ultimate symbol of patriarchy.

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
Thanks for posting this, will definitely listen to it later. In my opinion the hijab is forced on most girls that wear it. The ultimate symbol of patriarchy.
What’s wrong with patriarchy?