Why you don't help Somalis

My little brother and I were at the mall today, just shopping around for Eid :farmajoyaab:

Their was a Somali girl whos Hijab was halfway down, I ignored it but my brother went up to her and kindly told her in private that her hijab fell and that she should pull it back up

She then cussed him out and completly removed the hijab to prove a point

:jcoleno:

Somali girls tell you to remind people in private, and when we do this happens

Couple of things: 1) Everyone isn’t the same and may not react the same. Some may appreciate it and others not so much.
2) As a guy just don’t. If her hijab falls she knows or she will know. She’s been doing this and knows more about it and is aware of it more then you could possibly ever.

Couple of things: 1) Everyone isn’t the same and may not react the same. Some may appreciate it and others not so much.
2) As a guy just don’t. If her hijab falls she knows or she will know. She’s been doing this and knows more about it and is aware of it more then you could possibly ever.
Doesn’t excuse her actions.

It seems like you and your brother were looking for a "gotch'a" moment. Like @Amirah said, mind your business. Wearing a hijab is hard in the West. Its not about excusing her actions, but rather understanding that it is between her and Allah.

It seems like you and your brother were looking for a "gotch'a" moment. Like @Amirah said, mind your business. Wearing a hijab is hard in the West. Its not about excusing her actions, but rather understanding that it is between her and Allah.
My little brother is legit super young and was not ill-minded. Where I live, their is a super high Somali/muslim population so wearing Hijab here should be easy.

Doesn’t excuse her actions.
Neither does it excuse yours. Some of you generation z & faraxs in general have no sense of boundaries. Going over to a complete stranger especially of the opposite sex and giving unsolicited advice or instructions especially in regards to their attire/clothes it’s uncalled for and crosses boundaries...unacceptable!

Pin th l

Neither does it excuse yours. Some of you generation z & faraxs in general have no sense of boundaries. Going over to a complete stranger especially of the opposite sex and giving unsolicited advice or instructions especially in regards to their attire/clothes it’s uncalled for and crosses boundaries...unacceptable!
So a 6 year old child comes up to you and respectfully reminds you to fix your hijab in private, and your first response is to cuss them out? :wtfdis:

Also, in Islam, you're supposed to judge people for their public actions and make sure to help them /guide them. He didn't do anything wrong islamically, if anything, he gained Ajr.

So a 6 year old child comes up to you and respectfully reminds you to fix your hijab in private, and your first response is to cuss them out? :wtfdis:

Also, in Islam, you're supposed to judge people for their public actions and make sure to help them /guide them. He didn't do anything wrong islamically, if anything, he gained Ajr.
Didn’t realize your brother is that young. How old was the girl ? She couldn’t have been much older if she cussed at him. Just let him know to not take it personally and that adults and most girls won’t appreciate it. His intention were good mash’Allah but not everyone behaves the same or appreciates it. I would’ve laughed and said thanks kid but some get offended. Tell him there’s other ways to get ajar and teach him boundaries iA.

He is way too young to do such a thing. I don't know where he learned that behaviour from; to approach a woman and tell her to put her hijab on properly. The intention is pure yes, laakin I don't want him to believe that at such a young age he can approach strangers like that. Today its him getting cussed out, tommorow it can lead to violence.

Either way, teach him proper adab and boundaries with respect to other human beings.

Didn’t realize your brother is that young. How old was the girl ? She couldn’t have been much older if she cussed at him. Just let him know to not take it personally and that adults and most women won’t appreciate it. His intention were good mash’Allah but not everyone behaves the same or appreciates it. I would’ve laughed and said thanks kid but some get offended. Tell him there’s other ways to get ajar and teach him boundaries iA.
I would guess the girl is in her late 20's/early 30's.

TBH, I feel like their should be at least some sort of effort to wear the hijab properly

He is way too young to do such a thing. I don't know where he learned that behaviour from; to approach a woman and tell her to put her hijab on properly. The intention is pure yes, laakin I don't want him to believe that at such a young age he can approach strangers like that. Today its him getting cussed out, tommorow it can lead to violence.

Either way, teach him proper adab and boundaries with respect to other human beings.
True. But still, I feel like muslimas nowadays aren't putting any efforts into wearing the hijab properly

True. But still, I feel like muslimas nowadays aren't putting any efforts into wearing the hijab properly
On the Day of Judgement, you will be asked about your own shortcomings and deeds. I would focus on that. When you are so focused on yourself, you won't and shouldn't have time to worry about someone else.

Self-awareness is key here.

Your fault, mate. You've got to teach your little brother that some people are batshit crazy, and shouldn't be approached. If the woman had the audacity to yell at a 6 year old kid, she might have also slapped him if she felt like it. Rein in your siblings and teach them stranger danger. Women can feel when their hijab has slipped, she wanted her hijab in that style.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
nah lmao your brother is a child :damn: I thought your little brother was like 15-16 :mjlol:

at that age I barely knew anything let alone know to go up to someone and advise them about deen. mashallah :salute:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Ladies, I'm talking about anyone that 25+ 2nd generation

Why do you have the biggest b*tch resistant shield when it come to Somali guys outside your social circle? The newer generation is definitely far more friendly

It's usually the opposite with non-Somali women. Older Women being friendly but the younger women having a shield up front to screen you, once their comfortable with your it drops way down

Guys, has this been your experience? Or I'm I doings something wrong

Last edited:

Xaruun

VIP
Ladies, I'm talking about anyone that 25+ seconds generation

Why do you have the biggest b*tch resistant shield when it come to Somali guys outside your social circle? The newer generation is definitely far more friendly

It's usually the opposite with non-Somali women. Older Women being friendly but the younger women having a shield up front to screen you, once their comfortable with your it drops way down

Guys, has this been your experience? Or I'm I doings something wrong
They’re bitter old spinsters that’s why. No husband and no kids has made them lose it.

Trending

Latest posts