Why the somali community in the US go to Minnesota ?

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
California for example would have been perfect for somalis. But instead they chose a cold state in the middle of nowhere

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Apparently the government offered Somali refugees to live in Minnesota in the thousands during the civil war in the early 90s due to helping them out something like that and thats why so many flooded there. But i agree i wish Somalis spreaded out to Los Angeles, Nyc and Miami but only the wealthy ones immigrate from Mn and establish a community there. Mn is irrelevant and boring.

Based

VIP
Somalis didn't "choose" Minnesota. The US Government offered houses and jobs there and we all know the saying "beggars can't be choosers". Now its every fobs dream to live in a government provided apartment in Minneapolis

California for example would have been perfect for somalis. But instead they chose a cold state in the middle of nowhere
Their is Somalis in California. I live in San Diego. I was born & raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota & I agree with you Minnesota should have never been the Somali hub it would have been better if it was here in California it’s a more ideal society.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
The ones fleeing during the height of the civil war did not choose to move there. The US government made that decision and they worked with the churches and other local organizations in the state to settle them. An American Somali guy involved in community orgs explained that to me. I personally have one relative in Minneapolis who was settled by the Lutheran church.

The more recent ones moved to Minneapolis due to the large Somali community. Those ones are the only ones who made that choice, which is understandable.

I believe this was the same for Colombus.

The K5 Somalis are in San Diego because of that reason too. They came after.

zaffron

gumeysi diid
Their is Somalis in California. I live in San Diego. I was born & raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota & I agree with you Minnesota should have never been the Somali hub it would have been better if it was here in California it’s a more ideal society.
Would be better suited to Somalis in terms of the warm weather and large muslim community in california, but don't you think the society is more degenerate in California when compared to the rest of the US?

Very few got sent to Minnesota, 95% chose to move there because most states in the U.S are shit. Not all states are created equal some are rich and some are poor. Minnesota has almost the highest HDI.
AB767E5D-849C-458B-9CF8-171BB50F22FF.jpeg
BD99D7FC-D2B1-46A6-AFF1-5880FC5D73A3.jpeg
1D317E90-259C-4FA9-A663-21A22E2C48A3.png

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Who In Their Right Mind Wish Live In Cali Degeneracy Central Or NY Rat Haven

giphy.gif
Everyone man stop the lies, because i am positive no one if given the opportunity to live in nyc or LA remain in that state beenta jooji

Everyone man stop the lies, because i am positive no one if given the opportunity to live in nyc or LA remain in that state beenta jooji
You Don't Even Live In The Us You Seem To Want Live In A Glarmorus Life In The Big City You Know That Every and Anybody Is Fleeing Cali And NY Well Soon To Be Murder Capital Of America
:bell:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Minnesota is GREAT because of Somalis. And then Muslims, because they felt comfortable to see Somalis here. We were the guinea pigs for a cold state. Now its a warm state. I guess we brought the sahara desert with us

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
You Don't Even Live In The Us You Seem To Want Live In A Glarmorus Life In The Big City You Know That Every and Anybody Is Fleeing Cali And NY Well Soon To Be Murder Capital Of America
:bell:
Other than annoying somalis giving us a bad rep and the wheather London is perfect for me.

who wants to live in overpriced, overtax state like cali and NY, don't you see the great migration toward red states. I hope somalis don't bring their tribal problems with them ruin minnesota

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
who wants to live in overpriced, overtax state like cali and NY, don't you see the great migration toward red states. I hope somalis don't bring their tribal problems with them ruin minnesota
You will make no money in Minnesota they want to just live as cheap as possible and not take any risk.

Somalis didn't "choose" Minnesota. The US Government offered houses and jobs there and we all know the saying "beggars can't be choosers". Now its every fobs dream to live in a government provided apartment in Minneapolis

Exactly. Refugees get sent to lesser populated places and places that need diversity. That’s why the Canadian government takes them to Winnipeg and Saskatchewan now.

Exactly. Refugees get sent to lesser populated places and places that need diversity. That’s why the Canadian government takes them to Winnipeg and Saskatchewan now.
they don’t stay there though and now it’s becoming a problem. The government drops them off in Winnipeg and Saskatchewan but with a couple years they come right to Toronto and Vancouver like all the other immigrants overpopulated the cities

Posts like these come from mfs who know nothing about America. Minnesota is the best place for Somalis in America by far. It’s the only place in the diaspora where Somalis have local politics in a headlock and are homeowners.

There’s 16 fortunate 500 companies in Minnesota, some of the biggest names like Target, Best Buy, Excel Energy, General Mills and US Bank are based here, it’s the second largest economy in the Midwest. Despite all that the area is relatively affordable. Somalis actually benefit from living here unlike London, Toronto and Seattle.

Trending

Latest posts