Why Somalis should be more accepting of exsomali muslims+khaniis'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching a documentary on BBC iPlayer named my big gay Jewish conversion.

One statistic stood out, 1 in 5 gays (Jewish) have attempted suicide. That shocked me and I thought even deeper into it and realized that Somalis are even more conservative and would never allow for a tel Aviv like city.

Imagine the mental issues Somali ex Muslims and khaniis go through, they might choose to come online to a forum like this to escape their problems but some give them a hard time as well.

I think we all need to start being more empathetic towards others, especially when they're different from us, as that is what we should be doing, as Muslims.

Ramadan kariim

Somalis can't even be more accepting of Somalis from other qabils and you want them to embrace people who are the antithesis of their ideology.

You are one funny man

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
It's true Many ex Muslims are marginalised and even killed it's awful, what kind of message does this bring especially if your trying to advertise a peaceful religion lol. I am peaceful moderate Muslim, oh a kuufar KILL !!!! Apostate is punishable by death in shariah law, Quran and the Hadith. It's scary how ones loosing of faith equates to death. Shows insecurities in the entire religion tbh.

Somalis can't even be more accepting of Somalis from other qabils and you want them to embrace people who are the antithesis of their ideology.

You are one funny man

That's so true, but everyone must do their bit, so I'm addressing Somalis on sspot

It's true Many ex Muslims are marginalised and even killed it's awful, what kind of message does this bring especially if your trying to advertise a peaceful religion lol. I am peaceful moderate Muslim, oh a kuufar KILL !!!! Apostate is punishable by death in shariah law, Quran and the Hadith. It's scary how ones loosing of faith equates to death. Shows insecurities in the entire religion tbh.

This is not a Islam bashing thread :camby:

But to create awareness about the issues they face, suicide is a deep topic

Jeesto

VIP
Somalis don't kill or throw gays and non muslims off of a building and stuff:ayaanswag: You'll face discrimination and be looked down upon for sure but getting killed for your sexuality and/or religious beliefs rarely happens in the somali communites.

Last edited:

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Somalis don't kill or throw gays and non muslims off of a building and stuff:ayaanswag: You'll face discrimination and be looked down upon for sure but getting killed for your sexuality and/or religious beliefs rarely happens in the somali communites.
Which is great let it stay that way, but your parents still disown you and you will forever be exiled from your community, so it's not all peachy and roses is it ?

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
That's so true, but everyone must do their bit, so I'm addressing Somalis on sspot

This is not a Islam bashing thread :camby:

But to create awareness about the issues they face, suicide is a deep topic
Because they are exiled from their community and Islam nurtures it can you not see this ? Or are you blind, ofcourse their suicidal, they are Isolated and alone their community has set sail and will never communicate with them. They are forced to make new friends and leave behind their entire existence. All becuase they are seen as traitors who are condemned to hell.

You are one funny man

So true wallahi...

IMG_6456.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts