Why Somalia Italiana instead of Somalia

The Somaliland Law of Union with Somalia is what binds JSL and Somalia Italiana Jamhuuriyadda Federaalka ee Soomaliya Itaaliyana Soomaliya

Whereas the State of Somaliland achieved independence and ceased to be under British protection or within the jurisdiction and sovereignty of Her Britannic Majesty on the 26th day of June, 1960, being Muharram 1st 1379, and Whereas the State of Somalia achieved its independence and ceased to have the status of a Trust Territory of the United Nations Organisation administered by the Republic of Italy on the 1st day of July, 1960, being Muharram 6th 1379, and Whereas it is the will of the peoples of Somaliland and Somalia that their States shall unite and shall forever be united in the Somali Republic.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The unified reunified country is Somali Republic. Somaaliland is not Northern Somaalia unless Somalia Italiana is southern Somaaliland err I meant Somalia intead of Somalia Italiana.

@anon2 @Periplus notes Somalia is the word Italy bestowed on its subjects and the English word for Somalia is Somaliland. So thats why I say its actually logical for everyone to use Somaliland instead of Somalia when they soeak English

i.e. the South, including PL, are southern Somaaliland when you are using the English language unless youre fond of the name given to you by your former colonialial masterswe can say Somalia when we speak Italian Is that a deal.

If you insist on your colonial Italian name seek help

Last edited:
Brother, please seek help. Losing SSC is making you sound like some insane anglo saxon obsessed with irrelevant semantics. The name SL itself is colonial and sounds weird.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Brother, please seek help. Losing SSC is making you sound like some insane anglo saxon obsessed with irrelevant semantics. The name SL itself is colonial and sounds weird.
Our military are still in the outskirts of the city. We didn't lose sool at all and will be waiting till all the garaads come for the shir to start.

As for OP, as wacky as he is. He does make some good points even tho he's dirty waqooyi unionist :drakewtf:

Our military are still in the outskirts of the city. We didn't lose sool at all and will be waiting till all the garaads come for the shir to start.

As for OP, as wacky as he is. He does make some good points even tho he's dirty waqooyi unionist :drakewtf:
He is a smart guy, just a little strange.

I never denied the 2 colonial names Somalia ake Somalia Italian and Soomaliland. Youre the one insisting on imposing your colonial name people who werent even ruled by your former colonial master

The Somaliland Law of Union with Somalia is what binds JSL and Somalia Italiana Jamhuuriyadda Federaalka ee Soomaliya Itaaliyana Soomaliya

The unified reunified country is Somali Republic. Somaaliland is not Northern Somaalia unless Somalia Italiana is southern Somaaliland err I meant Somalia intead of Somalia Italiana.

@anon2 @Periplus notes Somalia is the word Italy bestowed on its subjects and the English word for Somalia is Somaliland. So thats why I say its actually logical for everyone to use Somaliland instead of Somalia when they soeak English

i.e. the South, including PL, are southern Somaaliland when you are using the English language unless youre fond of the name given to you by your former colonialial masterswe can say Somalia when we speak Italian Is that a deal.

Ina adeer, let me quietly and calmly say this to you: we were on these lands well before the European 'saan cadaale', and shall be here well after. Their laws do not mean much to us. These are Somali territories, and Somalis alone shall determine our destiny, and whatever names we choose shall be.

Could we agree on that?
Could we drop, and be free of colonial legacy, and talk? Surely that is not too much to ask, is it?

I never denied the 2 colonial names Somalia ake Somalia Italian and Soomaliland. Youre the one insisting on imposing your colonial name people who werent even ruled by your former colonial master
Nah I'm not imposing anything sxb, I personally believe "Somalia" died in 1991. I will admit the term Somalia sounds nice to the ear but if at some point in the future a union where everyone is happy and equal is formed, to avoid all past troubles and conflicts that maybe associated with past country of Somalia, we as Somalia should be adopt a name like Unified Somali Republic.

Erythrean

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
Somalis and their foolishness
83143F0F-9747-411A-B67F-180B62AB06EF.png

Good points but it will only be valid if you call it Italian Somaliland when speaking English, calling it Somalia Italiana is not coherent with your argument.

Erythrean

D9DDE0B0-9B18-49EE-8FB8-F81A504FFE9F.jpeg

Erythrean

View attachment 250440

I think we all agree its improper for the North i.e. JSL to accept the colonial name for the South i.e. Somalia Italiana especially on an english language forum. @Rationale good point but the reason dont say Italian Somaliland is to emphasize that the name Somalia itself is a colonial name

8BB8C8A2-FC13-412F-8BB0-007C96D3C704.png

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP

Yh these guys have lost it, i have always dreamed of a day like this

:diddyass:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
If youโ€™re gonna call the South as โ€œSomalia Italianaโ€ then call Somaliland โ€œBritish Somalilandโ€.

At least be consistent is what Iโ€™m asking.

No Syrian says their from the Syrian Arab republic which is an official government/state name. Wallahi I don't want to continuously debunk you constipated caqli draining xoolo dhaqato. Dude Somalia is the name of the country no dimwit was walking around saying, "I'm from Somali or Somali Republic" are you from a government or a country. It's like and Ethiopian saying he's from the Ethiopian federation not Ethiopia or a Swiss saying their from the Swiss confederation not Switzerland. Stop with these useless threads that have been debunked a million times. Italiana is not even a thing it Italy or pronounced Itaalya in Italian at least get that right.

View attachment 250440

I think we all agree its improper for the North i.e. JSL to accept the colonial name for the South i.e. Somalia Italiana especially on an english language forum. @Rationale good point but the reason dont say Italian Somaliland is to emphasize that the name Somalia itself is a colonial name

Stop acting like Isaaq for the past 3 decades havenโ€™t been paying small time, washed up white politicians from Europe to America with their asses and in millions of dollars in hopes of them convincing their countries to recognize Somaliland.

If Somalia is a Italian name because of a letter at the end of Somali, then Somaliland ma hooyadaba kuu leh or are you under the delusion youโ€™re gaal daba cad oo English ah? :russ:

If Somalia is a colonial name so is Somaliland. But in your akhli lix saac logic, Italian bad; English good. I thought yโ€™all were over your british masters after nearly 100 years?:icon lol:

Last edited:
I say Somalia is a colonial name. Im still waiting someone from Wanlaweynistan Somalia Italiana to prove me wrong

1674669802579.png

Yh these guys have lost it, i have always dreamed of a day like this

:diddyass:

Why would you dream of the day your Garaad ends his self-imposed exile from LaasCaanood only to attend JSL preapproved and JSL Army guarded rally/meetings to demonstrate his support of the ATMIS administration Somalia Italiana government

If youโ€™re gonna call the South as โ€œSomalia Italianaโ€ then call Somaliland โ€œBritish Somalilandโ€.

At least be consistent is what Iโ€™m asking.

As I told @Rationale Im not trying to demonstrate that you guys were colonized by Italy. Everyone knows that. Im trying to show that your name was given to you by your former colonial master i.e. dont act sanctimonious vis-a-vis the English name Somaliland

Whats even worse is that reee Somalia Italiana are using their colonial Italian name even when they speak/write in English and then they ask why wont JSL accept Somalia as it's name

No Syrian says their from the Syrian Arab republic which is an official government/state name.

The name of the Somali people is Somali. Somalia is an Italian colonial era nam

Wallahi I don't want to continuously debunk you constipated caqli draining xoolo dhaqato. Dude Somalia is the name of the country no dimwit was walking around saying, "I'm from Somali or Somali Republic" are you from a government or a country.

The government is Somali Republic. The name is Somaliland when you speak/write in English. Somalia as in Somalia Italiana when you write in Italian. Why do you insist on using the name bestowed on you by your former colonial master Italy even when youre speaking/writing in English

It's like and Ethiopian saying he's from the Ethiopian federation not Ethiopia or a Swiss saying their from the Swiss confederation not Switzerland.

or EngLAND instead of AngleTERRE if the English wanted to use their name in the language of their former master the French known as William the Conqueror

Again why dont you guys call yourself Somalistan, Somaliland, Somalie etc.

My point stands you love the name given to you by your colonial master

Stop with these useless threads that have been debunked a million times.

When have you debunked that Somalia was not the name given to you by your former colonial master

Italiana is not even a thing it Italy or pronounced Itaalya in Italian at least get that right.

Italiana i.e Itaian

Somalia Italiana aka Italian Somaliland

If Somalia is a colonial name so is Somaliland. But in your akhli lix saac logic, Italian bad; English good. I thought yโ€™all were over your british masters after nearly 100 years?:icon lol:

I never said Italy bad England good. The whole point was that Somalia is a colonial name from your former colonial master. Why I write Somalia Italian is explained clearly in my furst post i.e. to emphasize that your name was imposed on you by your former colonial master and your colonial era name does not apply to Somaliland except when in write/speak in you former colonial master lamguage

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Whats even worse is that reee Somalia Italiana are using their colonial Italian name even when they speak/write in English and then they ask why wont JSL accept Somalia as it's name

Reer Somaliland still use the colonial English name when they write/speak in Somali or any other language.

Whats your point?

Trending

Latest posts