Why Somalia Italiana instead of Somalia

Reer Somaliland still use the colonial English name when they write/speak in Somali or any other language.

Whats your point?

Thats the whole point. Everyone does it. So why do anti JSL hate on the name Somaliland and they say you guys are northern Somalia

Now we are getting somewhere. As @Removed will admit Im blunt. Somalia is a colonial name so is Somaliland. Now hopefully everyone calms down when I write Somalia Italiana not to say were colonized by Italy but as an aside about youb name was given to you by your former colonial master

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Thats the whole point. Everyone does it. So why do anti JSL hate on the name Somaliland and they say you guys are northern Somalia

Now we are getting somewhere. As @Removed will admit Im blunt. Somalia is a colonial name so is Somaliland. Now hopefully everyone calms down when I write Somalia Italiana not to say were colonized by Italy but as an aside about youb name was given to you by your former colonial master

No one here is denying that Somalia is a colonial name.

The question is why are you adding Italiana to it?

It’s disrespectful and if you’re going to be consistent then I expect you to call Somaliland “British Somaliland”.

Hamzza

VIP

What about Majertenia why do you use it? We know there was a Sultanate in Bari region with a name close to that. Why don't you call Galgaduud and Mudug regions Obbia, since that is what the Italians used to call that region?

No one here is denying that Somalia is a colonial name.

Actually they do The JSL haters have cognitive dissonance they adk why is JSL using their English name forgetting about Somalia Italiana

The question is why are you adding Italiana to it?

To drive home that point. My preferred term is the South but we have so many guys like @DR OSMAN @Maxamed bin Harti pretendint they are not politically/socially/legally part of the unification law's "second named region" .e.e the Southern region

It’s disrespectful and if you’re going to be consistent then I expect you to call Somaliland “British Somaliland”.

Nobody denies tgat name's colonisl era nor do my ictiraafist brothers speak Italian while calling you southernSomaliland

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@Gadhwayne you are also a fake unionist. Why are you calling Somalilaan, JSL Jamhuuriyada Somaliland?

I acknowledge the reality on the ground i.e. JSL aka the Northern region's elected government is defacto separate from Wanlaweynistan the Southern region which includes PL

Nevertheless I support reunification of South, including PL which is now defacto separate. I also support JSL reuniting with Somalia Italiana

Last edited:
I say Somalia is a colonial name. Im still waiting someone from Wanlaweynistan Somalia Italiana to prove me wrong

View attachment 250542

Why would you dream of the day your Garaad ends his self-imposed exile from LaasCaanood only to attend JSL preapproved and JSL Army guarded rally/meetings to demonstrate his support of the ATMIS administration Somalia Italiana government

As I told @Rationale Im not trying to demonstrate that you guys were colonized by Italy. Everyone knows that. Im trying to show that your name was given to you by your former colonial master i.e. dont act sanctimonious vis-a-vis the English name Somaliland

Whats even worse is that reee Somalia Italiana are using their colonial Italian name even when they speak/write in English and then they ask why wont JSL accept Somalia as it's name

The name of the Somali people is Somali. Somalia is an Italian colonial era nam

The government is Somali Republic. The name is Somaliland when you speak/write in English. Somalia as in Somalia Italiana when you write in Italian. Why do you insist on using the name bestowed on you by your former colonial master Italy even when youre speaking/writing in English

or EngLAND instead of AngleTERRE if the English wanted to use their name in the language of their former master the French known as William the Conqueror

Again why dont you guys call yourself Somalistan, Somaliland, Somalie etc.

My point stands you love the name given to you by your colonial master

When have you debunked that Somalia was not the name given to you by your former colonial master

Italiana i.e Itaian

Somalia Italiana aka Italian Somaliland

I never said Italy bad England good. The whole point was that Somalia is a colonial name from your former colonial master. Why I write Somalia Italian is explained clearly in my furst post i.e. to emphasize that your name was imposed on you by your former colonial master and your colonial era name does not apply to Somaliland except when in write/speak in you former colonial master lamguage
You might not write “Italian bad, English good” but that’s exactly what your logic spells out. Somali-a is literally Somali-land in Italian just like how Somaliland means a Somali land.

The A at the end is a suffix just like land is a suffix.

British Somali-land:

Somali-a
Italiana: (Literally Italian Somali-land in Italian)

Same shit just different language.

What is next from you? Ma waxaad na dhihi doonta my rulers had shiner shoes than yours or I Served my rulers better?

I guess what sayidka said about your people wasn’t a lie afterall, you sure as hell loved your British rulers enough to have converted to christianity.:mjlol:

Our military are still in the outskirts of the city. We didn't lose sool at all and will be waiting till all the garaads come for the shir to start.

As for OP, as wacky as he is. He does make some good points even tho he's dirty waqooyi unionist :drakewtf:
2F374AEA-4F1D-419C-A7DA-9AB02E8C7DD4.png

Trending