Why Somali are still living in GHETTO in the WEST ?

I lived in tiny Swedish all white small town in Sweden and I lived amongst Somalis in Uk. I take living amongst my own and would much rather raise kids in area that has people like them. Fvck living in all white area

I live in a suburb thank you very much.
Lol ok
It's because we are Salafi. Let's be honest everything is haram for us that uplifts our economic situation. Anyone that leaves the ghetto is seen as a self hater who left the deen. You'll even be embarresed to vist the Mosque in the local ghetto after a couple years because of it. They think they're getto is the center of a universe and if you leave it you've gone into a black whole. Every Salafi Muslim community in the west are in the ghetto. (Yemeni's New York ghettos, Somalis Minneapolis ghettos, Oromo Dallas ghettos, Iraqis in Detroit ghettos, and Sudanese in Baltimore lol.
👆🏽 This doesn’t sound like someone who grew up in the suburbs. Keep your toxic trauma to yourself and quit projecting is all I’m saying. Have a good day 😊

Last edited:
Umm Somali parents would rather save money and build a house back home then invest in where they are at and make sure their kid is properly educated and taken care of. Most somali parents have plans to “return”. So they think it’s useless to invest here. It’s just a sad reality because Somalia isn’t any better than when they left. I should make a thread on this “return”.
Also there’s the many relatives that still live there that rely on the one or so relative living in the west, and who is sending money to them. Grown and able bodied people.

It’s different when it’s your sister with kids back there who needs help, but some parents are supporting grown ass men.

I was also told how the reason some stay on government assistance, is cause with cheaper rent, it’s easier to send money to send back there to relatives.

greznigrezni

He/Him/She/Her/It/Zey/Zas/
Your thinking is shallow, and you're misunderstanding the reason they are in such poor conditions. Most countries have government-subsidized housing and food rations depending on your location. Somali single moms, especially new immigrants, think that this is good enough since it's drastically better than their life in the refugee camps. They work the same comfortable job from 20 years ago and feel there's no point in switching their careers. This thinking blocks any future goals they have ever had and keeps them locked in their low-paying job.

You can brag about your lovely home in the suburbs all you want, but not all Somali kids have two loving parents that will gladly pay their monthly mortgage as if it was some pocket money. 18 years later and all of those responsibilities fall on the kids as they struggle to pass their freshmen year of college. All I am saying is that poverty stems from not having two responsible parents. So please encourage these mothers to learn English and enroll in their local adult school as soon as possible. I am writing this while keeping in mind that incompetent fathers will do what they always do, so please help these Somali mothers to the best of your abilities.

It's because we are Salafi. Let's be honest everything is haram for us that uplifts our economic situation. Anyone that leaves the ghetto is seen as a self hater who left the deen. You'll even be embarresed to vist the Mosque in the local ghetto after a couple years because of it. They think they're getto is the center of a universe and if you leave it you've gone into a black whole. Every Salafi Muslim community in the west are in the ghetto. (Yemeni's New York ghettos, Somalis Minneapolis ghettos, Oromo Dallas ghettos, Iraqis in Detroit ghettos, and Sudanese in Baltimore lol.
this is the dumbest take I've heard in a while...this is your mindset and how you think its not reality lol and are you equating the deen to the ghetto...are you even muslim? there is a hadith thats says even though akhirah is the imost mportant that Allah has also stated that the believer should also enjoy his portion of this dunya i.e health, family, wealth, friends and halal enjoyment

don't get confused the salafi your referring to are not the model... the sahabas are the real salafi's

ur western tinted glasses turning you into a gaal I bet you think feminism and lgbitsm is ok lol

Lol ok

👆🏽 This doesn’t sound like someone who grew up in the suburbs. Keep your toxic trauma to yourself and quit projecting is all I’m saying. Have a good day 😊
I didn't grow up in the suburbs. I grew up in the filthy inner city; the hub for Salafi dawah and you guessed it; caydh and ayuuto lol. ALX we moved out and now we are living in a blessed place with no stray bullets.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Speak for yourself thanks. I grew up in, and live in a very comfortable middle class neighbourhood near the sunshine coast. Tired of fools talking as if we're a monolith :rolleyes:
His not wrong. Go to going any 1st World ghetto. You find Somali people there. Yep

Its much worse when there kids continue to live there. Generational poverty begins

this is the dumbest take I've heard in a while...this is your mindset and how you think its not reality lol and are you equating the deen to the ghetto...are you even muslim? there is a hadith thats says even though akhirah is the imost mportant that Allah has also stated that the believer should also enjoy his portion of this dunya i.e health, family, wealth, friends and halal enjoyment

don't get confused the salafi your referring to are not the model... the sahabas are the real salafi's

ur western tinted glasses turning you into a gaal I bet you think feminism and lgbitsm is ok lol
You changed the subject to Feminism and lgbt but I stated a fact, majority of house purchases involve a slight form of interest which isn't the same as the extreme usury and bribery the quran is against. Many ulema have said buying your house in such a way is halal considering the situational good and the less harm it brings. However, the salafi movement vehemntly rejects this position; and even call out going to university. They believe that university is wrong if you take out loans which is what majority of students are forced to do. You see how backwards they think lol.

You changed the subject to Feminism and lgbt but I stated a fact, majority of house purchases involve a slight form of interest which isn't the same as the extreme usury and bribery the quran is against. Many ulema have said buying your house in such a way is halal considering the situational good and the less harm it brings. However, the salafi movement vehemntly rejects this position; and even call out going to university. They believe that university is wrong if you take out loans which is what majority of students are forced to do. You see how backwards they think lol.

Stop spreading lies any form of interest is haram even if it is 0.01% you can try justify it as much as you like still haram

And its you who is backwards you abandoned you morals and ethics and picked up western morals thats why I mentioned lgbtism khanisnimo and feminism all moraless movements that you probably believe in I can tell by the stench that comes off your comments

Stop spreading lies any form of interest is haram even if it is 0.01% you can try justify it as much as you like still haram

And its you who is backwards you abandoned you morals and ethics and picked up western morals thats why I mentioned lgbtism khanisnimo and feminism all moraless movements that you probably believe in I can tell by the stench that comes off your comments
Things Haram according to you
- Becoming a doctor = requires some amount of loans
- Becoming a lawyer = requires some amount of loans
- Having any scientific specialty = requires some amount of loans
- Getting a masters degree = requires some amount of loans
- Buying a house in a good neighborhood = requires mortgage = Harm for you lol

Not every kind of interest is haram; every Islamic bank uses some kind of interest since the beginning of time. The issue is usury, bribes, and money laundering which is the real interest according to every caliphate that existed. BTW I'm not saying they're a metric but no bank can operate without interest lol.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
1. You're talking out of your ass. There are plenty of muslim, well-to-do emerging families (especially younger educated generation) who live in middle and up neighbourhoods and are connected to their culture. A quick search of Instagram is all it takes to destroy your "point"

2. You're not even muslim, so who's "we" (speaking as if you're muslim somali?) ? Most Somalis are absolutely not salafis.

Kindly go back to Xsomalian and stfu.
Somalis dont know it but they are 99% Salafi. We converted en masse from sufism because of the Saudi educated Somali scholars.

Even my HG Cayr (strong sufi lineage and tradition) disavow all of it as shirk. This change began after the collapse of the Barre regime.

Salaf is just being a pure Sunni. Outside of Saudi, we practice the strictest in fiqh, madhab and Hadith.

Things Haram according to you
- Becoming a doctor = requires some amount of loans
- Becoming a lawyer = requires some amount of loans
- Having any scientific specialty = requires some amount of loans
- Getting a masters degree = requires some amount of loans
- Buying a house in a good neighborhood = requires mortgage = Harm for you lol

Not every kind of interest is haram; every Islamic bank uses some kind of interest since the beginning of time. The issue is usury, bribes, and money laundering which is the real interest according to every caliphate that existed. BTW I'm not saying they're a metric but no bank can operate without interest lol.
Every kind of Interest is haram. You don't need to take out loans to study you can get a job a scholarships or move to a country where studying is free or cheap.

Buying a house in a good neighborhood is overrated your almost always better off renting & investing in stocks. Don't buy things you can't afford

Djokovic

Somali Arab
Even now as a very wealthy indidvidual I still love in the ghetto why would want to live in some cadaan neighbourhood I’d get bored

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Low income neighbourhood does not automatically mean its a ghetto. Ast majority of somalis are working or lower middle class, especially our parents who came here as refugees.

Ghettos in the west are not ghettos, literally they are an luxury comapred to the rest of the world.

Also there’s the many relatives that still live there that rely on the one or so relative living in the west, and who is sending money to them. Grown and able bodied people.

It’s different when it’s your sister with kids back there who needs help, but some parents are supporting grown ass men.

I was also told how the reason some stay on government assistance, is cause with cheaper rent, it’s easier to send money to send back there to relatives.

In the UK, there was originally no income requirement for you to live in low income housing, now there is a shortage of said housing so you have to be a low income family to get it nowadays.

My mum can still stay in her cheaper housing despite us doing better financially as she has grandfather rights as she was in her property before the requirements came in.

Most older Somalis got their housing before the requirements came in so don't hide their relationships for cheaper rent but to come under the income requirements to get access to benefits.

Trending

Latest posts