Why Somali are still living in GHETTO in the WEST ?

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
I really will never understand that ok so it's been over 30 years since the war so no excuses have no choice but to settle for what the government gave them but stop with this excuse now, I know guys who were with me in high school, or who grew up in my neighborhood and who are also immigrants (arabs, indian, pakistani, africans madow) but yet they left to live in better places as soon as they had the opportunity.

I am telling you, Somalis are not as poor as the government thinks they are.

Because of Islam and our strict culture we're not spending money on alcohol or cigarettes for the most part, neither do Somalis tend to splash on clothes and accessories.

Most mothers are in hagbad/ayuuto/shaloongos and know how to save and hustle money.

So for god sake, why are they still living like that ?

Speak for yourself thanks. I grew up in, and live in a very comfortable middle class neighbourhood near the sunshine coast. Tired of fools talking as if we're a monolith :rolleyes:

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
Wallahi somali parents are so dumb some times, they are more concerned about saving money to build homes back home but doesn't care that their kids are dying in these gang ridden neighbourhoods.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Umm Somali parents would rather save money and build a house back home then invest in where they are at and make sure their kid is properly educated and taken care of. Most somali parents have plans to “return”. So they think it’s useless to invest here. It’s just a sad reality because Somalia isn’t any better than when they left. I should make a thread on this “return”.

Bass

😼
Do you expect an entire ethnicity to become middle-class in a span of 30 years, after escaping their country getting demolished and all the trauma that carries over.

I really will never understand that ok so it's been over 30 years since the war so no excuses have no choice but to settle for what the government gave them but stop with this excuse now, I know guys who were with me in high school, or who grew up in my neighborhood and who are also immigrants (arabs, indian, pakistani, africans madow) but yet they left to live in better places as soon as they had the opportunity.

Because of Islam and our strict culture we're not spending money on alcohol or cigarettes for the most part, neither do Somalis tend to splash on clothes and accessories.

Most mothers are in hagbad/ayuuto/shaloongos and know how to save and hustle money.

I think the ones who came earlier are doing better. We lived in low income housing and section 8 as children. I wouldn’t trade it for the world. We did have angry little kids trying to bully us and my mom had to almost fight another lady to keep her bad a** kids away from us lol. We saw Gangs etc. But overall it was diverse and pretty much peaceful. The United nations, East African style lol. I even picked up the ability to understand some Amharic, because my nosy a**wanted to know what my neighbors were saying to my parents lol.

We were out the low income housing complex by the time I was 14 thanks to section 8 and lived in a rented section 8 home until I was twenty. Now my parents and 5 of our siblings own our homes and live in middle class neighborhoods. We have even become landlords in some occasion.

Needing help and adjusting to a land and culture that you are unfamiliar with is okay. Getting comfortable with that situation isn’t.

For those that are able to work and gain an education you should move your way out of government assistance. Raise you children on Halal money. Sometimes when only one person works in a family they may still qualify for assistance because they are still considered low income. I don’t see in issue there. But it’s totally wrong when you are hiding whole relationships and children in hopes to gain money or benefits. Your children will pick up on that and the cycle continues.

And yes I think many had the hope to return but those that came after the war are in their 30s and probably have families of their own. Returning to where? Somalis are still worshiping tribalism and the Arabs. We ain’t going back anytime soon. Investing maybe. But living comfortable back home full time, probably not in our lifetime.

I've always wondered this too. But I think it's because it doesn't bother them to live in the ghetto. Somalis are very simple people, to a fault sometimes. Somalis are not as flashy and materialistic people like the Arabs. Our ancestors were blissfuly happy with being nomads drinking their caano geel and eating hilib ari in their dessert tent. Many Somalis just don't aspire for a higher quality of life, it's strange.

I've always wondered this too. But I think it's because it doesn't bother them to live in the ghetto. Somalis are very simple people, to a fault sometimes. Somalis are not as flashy and materialistic people like the Arabs. Our ancestors were blissfuly happy with being nomads drinking their caano geel and eating hilib ari in their dessert tent. Many Somalis just don't aspire for a higher quality of life, it's strange.

simple life is the best life...materialistic life is depressing
health, family, deen is mostly what keeps u eternally happy in this world
money is nice but not a necessity
once you have the mansion you want another
once you get a rolls royce you now want a ferrari
jewellery then more jewerelly etc etc
you see where I'm going its never ending lol
some of the shabas were the richest of people in wealth some donated a lot of it and some totally discarded their wealth cos it does not bring peace or happiness thats comes from within and by will of allah

It's because we are Salafi. Let's be honest everything is haram for us that uplifts our economic situation. Anyone that leaves the ghetto is seen as a self hater who left the deen. You'll even be embarresed to vist the Mosque in the local ghetto after a couple years because of it. They think they're getto is the center of a universe and if you leave it you've gone into a black whole. Every Salafi Muslim community in the west are in the ghetto. (Yemeni's New York ghettos, Somalis Minneapolis ghettos, Oromo Dallas ghettos, Iraqis in Detroit ghettos, and Sudanese in Baltimore lol.

It's because we are Salafi. Let's be honest everything is haram for us that uplifts our economic situation. Anyone that leaves the ghetto is seen as a self hater who left the deen. You'll even be embarresed to vist the Mosque in the local ghetto after a couple years because of it. They think they're getto is the center of a universe and if you leave it you've gone into a black whole. Every Salafi Muslim community in the west are in the ghetto. (Yemeni's New York ghettos, Somalis Minneapolis ghettos, Oromo Dallas ghettos, Iraqis in Detroit ghettos, and Sudanese in Baltimore lol.
1. You're talking out of your ass. There are plenty of muslim, well-to-do emerging families (especially younger educated generation) who live in middle and up neighbourhoods and are connected to their culture. A quick search of Instagram is all it takes to destroy your "point"

2. You're not even muslim, so who's "we" (speaking as if you're muslim somali?) ? Most Somalis are absolutely not salafis.

Kindly go back to Xsomalian and stfu.

1. You're talking out of your ass. There are plenty of muslim, well-to-do emerging families (especially younger educated generation) who live in middle and up neighbourhoods and are connected to their culture. A quick search of Instagram is all it takes to destroy your "point"
2. You're not even muslim, so who's "we" (speaking as if you're muslim somali?) ? Most Somalis are absolutely not salafis.

Wallah I am muslim idiot You just went along to prove my point you are making takfeer of me in ramadan

The funny thing is when I expose the hypocrisy of you salafis you go running to make takfiir as if This isn't what I was just saying. maybe your goal is to prove my point lol .

The funny thing is when I expose the hypocrisy of you salafis you go running to make takfiir as if This isn't what I was just saying. maybe your goal is to prove my point lol .
Im probably one of the least religious Somalis on here, iska daa salafi :drakekidding:

I’m just pointing out your BS about muslim Somalis. Like I said, f*ck off back to XSomalian, and remember that you and your crew over there nothing special or “enlightened”, or whatever BS you tell yourselves. Sit down

Im probably one of the least religious Somalis on here, iska daa salafi :drakekidding:

I’m just pointing out your BS about muslim Somalis. Like I said, f*ck off back to XSomalian, and remember that you and your crew over there nothing special or “enlightened”, or whatever BS you tell yourselves. Sit down
Who said I stood up in the first place, or even mentioned that I was enlightened. You already put yourself below me based upon what you have eluded to. The very fact that you made takfiir and equate being religious to being salafi is evident of heedlessness on your part. May Allah grant you wisdom

Who said I stood up in the first place, or even mentioned that I was enlightened. You already put yourself below me based upon what you have eluded to. The very fact that you made takfiir and equate being religious to being salafi is evident of heedlessness on your part. May Allah grant you wisdom
Also, quit with the “we” talk. Not all of us come from hoodrat background like you, ok? Once again, we’re not a monolith

But like they say, misery loves company :rolleyes:

Trending

Latest posts