Why Mogadishu has the most developed private sector in Somalia ?

It's 2021 and her HG tribe are in Marka claiming to be the dominant presence in a city that they invaded in 1991. This is the kind of people we are dealing with here, an organised crime ring that also happens to be a clan.
Wrong again. HG have been in the city since the mid 1900s. The issue between the dominant clans of the city has been resolved a while ago. You should move on just as they have

I would like to coin a new term called "Hawiye-splaining".

It is when Hawiye deny they have ever committed any crimes during the civil war and they lie, gaslight and patronise you when you bring it up.

This book is a good look into what they did and why we had to flee to refugee camps all over the world.

clan-cleansing-in-somalia.jpg

Last edited:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Yeah both of you are staunch AY supporters. The jokes write themselves :francis:

Lol bringing up specific old posts of mine is like bringing up a celebrity’s old tweets.

For every AY support post I made, I have 10 in which I show balanced opinions towards Somali politics.

I don’t blame you supporting USC, all of us are somewhat biased but denying what they did is not helping anyone.

Nigga I don't know what you're doing, I'm just pointing out how stupid your praise of colonialism is. How the hell do you defend what's generally agreed upon in the academic world as a blight on a whole continent? I thought you were defending it based on the small amount of infrastructure they built in Mogadishu.

I think we both know what you're doing. If I praised Italians for laying down the infrastructure of Mogadishu & being better than British up north doesn't mean that I agree with all aspects of Italian colonialism but it means I can acknowledge the good things they've done.

Not only is the Somali lineage made up of wecels it's filled with dhil0s. What other people can praise gumeysi, I couldn't give a shit about qabil. I never have and I dislike people who celebrate getting conquered when there were more drawbacks than tangible benefits. The studies I've linked literally point out what I've written here you mong. At least try not to lie for once and actually bother to read it, then again you just claimed ourworldindata is a BS source I can't expect much from then on.

Speak about yourself and you own upbringing dhiladi ku xaarti wasse. It's not my fault facts hurt your fickle precious feelings about Somali nationalism or your subjected self image. Italians built Mogadishu and developed south Somalia much more than north that's the contention. You raving about how bad is colonialism has nothing to do with the topic at hand when your first quoted me ya ibni al kaleb.

You haven't added anything يا Ψ­ΩŠΩˆΨ§Ω† your own sources agrees with me no famine was registered in Somalia from 1880-1960. However 3 famines were registered in 1975, 1993 and 2011.

1974-75Somalia20,00020,00020,000

1991-93Somalia360,000220,000500,000

2011Somalia255,000255,000255,000

Your very own source debunks famine claims during Italian rule, all 3 famines happened after

I can admit when I'm wrong and even rescind my claim based on fact finding something you've yet to even attempt. Forget that you can't even read source judging by the multiple times you've made bullshit points and ignored actual sources in the past.

Your other source (country studies) clearly says Italians established a comprehensive plan to develop its Italian colony.

"The two decades between 1900 and 1920 were a period of colonial consolidation. However, of the colonial powers that had divided the Somalis, only Italy developed a comprehensive administrative plan for its colony. The Italians intended to plant a colony of settlers and commercial entrepreneurs in the region between the Shabeelle and Jubba rivers in southern Somalia. The motivation was threefold: to "relieve population pressure at home," to offer the "civilizing Roman mission" to the Somalis, and to increase Italian prestige through overseas colonization. Initiated by Governor Carletti (1906-10), Italy's colonial program received further impetus by the introduction of fascist ideology and economic planning in the 1920s, particularly during the administration of Governor Cesare Maria de Vecchi de Val Cismon. Large-scale development projects were launched, including a system of plantations on which citrus fruits, primarily bananas, and sugarcane, were grown. Sugarcane fields in Giohar and numerous banana plantations around the town of Jannaale on the Shabeelle River, and at the southern mouth of the Jubba River near Chisimayu, helped transform southern Somalia's economy."

See keleb yaho kelbata dashay. Your own source proved you don't read the links you post. Just another diaspora kid high on pan Somalnimo fart who wish to keep Italian oppression stick deep in his rectum.

Dhil0 baad ku dashay walaal kkkkk. What sort of bastard can defend his people living in gaajo iyo rafaad on the basis of qabil and what some human shit stains in the past agreed to. The lovely sultanate's of the days gone by are sellouts and prostitutes of the highest order and that's all they'll ever be.

Beenta joji walaalo ma nihin ha ii habarin, sharmutdada siilka qarmun ah aad kaso baxday isku hooyo isku aboo ma nehin. Abaha oo hoyada dekada ku wasse ee shahwada siilked ku shubay wax alla lah qarabad ama xidiid ama tol ah waxba isku ma nehin.

Garac garaac dhalay, suuli iyo qodafad ku dex koray naclad iyo inkaar ayaad qabta. Bakhti foqol bakhti.

Last edited:
So yall conveniently forget most IC aid including Turkish construction goes straight to Xamar which trickles down. Where were these high IQ folks before the return of Government? Why don’t we see these high iq people in Galnus or Hirhsabelle?

:ufdup: Kids
These hΓΌtΓΌs are delusional, mugadisho is far from developed and on top there are thousands of bantu soldiers to keep watch over the zoo people so they don't chimp out and destroy what little development the international community has forced through during the last 10-15 years after (AUN) president Abdullahi Yusuf brought governance to the place...

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
This is an insult to all my family members down in South Somalia who was killed simply for not being hawiye.

My family were MJs that lived in Xamar and I can tell you these ppl are capping.

My dads extended family felt the wrath of USC despite not supporting Barre.

My family were MJs that lived in Xamar and I can tell you these ppl are capping.

My dads extended family felt the wrath of USC despite not supporting Barre.
The usc killed many of my family members as well they also looted everything from the homes and businesses people like @rocktheboat305 are trying to deny this ever happened

reer

VIP
What would you call looting, raping and killing a bunch of defenceless civilians? A walk in the park? Fighting for freedom?
abdiqasim salad hassan was left alone. and omar arte qalib. while darod kacanists were hunted. no principles. lmao.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I think we both know what you're doing. If I praised Italians for laying down the infrastructure of Mogadishu & being better than British up north doesn't mean that I agree with all aspects of Italian colonialism but it means I can acknowledge the good things they've done.

Speak about yourself and you own upbringing dhiladi ku xaarti wasse. It's not my fault facts hurt your fickle precious feelings about Somali nationalism or your subjected self image. Italians built Mogadishu and developed south Somalia much more than north that's the contention. You raving about how bad is colonialism has nothing to do with the topic at hand when your first quoted me ya ibni al kaleb.

You haven't added anything يا Ψ­ΩŠΩˆΨ§Ω† your own sources agrees with me no famine was registered in Somalia from 1880-1960. However 3 famines were registered in 1975, 1993 and 2011.

1974-75Somalia20,00020,00020,000

1991-93Somalia360,000220,000500,000

2011Somalia255,000255,000255,000

Your very own source debunks famine claims during Italian rule, all 3 famines happened after

Your other source (country studies) clearly says Italians established a comprehensive plan to develop its Italian colony.

"The two decades between 1900 and 1920 were a period of colonial consolidation. However, of the colonial powers that had divided the Somalis, only Italy developed a comprehensive administrative plan for its colony. The Italians intended to plant a colony of settlers and commercial entrepreneurs in the region between the Shabeelle and Jubba rivers in southern Somalia. The motivation was threefold: to "relieve population pressure at home," to offer the "civilizing Roman mission" to the Somalis, and to increase Italian prestige through overseas colonization. Initiated by Governor Carletti (1906-10), Italy's colonial program received further impetus by the introduction of fascist ideology and economic planning in the 1920s, particularly during the administration of Governor Cesare Maria de Vecchi de Val Cismon. Large-scale development projects were launched, including a system of plantations on which citrus fruits, primarily bananas, and sugarcane, were grown. Sugarcane fields in Giohar and numerous banana plantations around the town of Jannaale on the Shabeelle River, and at the southern mouth of the Jubba River near Chisimayu, helped transform southern Somalia's economy."

See keleb yaho kelbata dashay. Your own source proved you don't read the links you post. Just another diaspora kid high on pan Somalnimo fart who wish to keep Italian oppression stick deep in his rectum.

Beenta joji walaalo ma nihin ha ii habarin, sharmutdada siilka qarmun ah aad kaso baxday isku hooyo isku aboo ma nehin. Abaha oo hoyada dekada ku wasse ee shahwada siilked ku shubay wax alla lah qarabad ama xidiid ama tol ah waxba isku ma nehin.

Garac garaac dhalay, suuli iyo qodafad ku dex koray naclad iyo inkaar ayaad qabta. Bakhti foqol bakhti.
Pretty much every aspect of Somalia was shit during colonialism. Like I said this is like a Congolese praising the Belgians for the little infrastructure they built. A bit of an exaggerated comparison but you get the gist.

Did you just quote the place where they describe cash crops being grown?

This article explores the evolution of a developmentalist discourse for colonial Somalia and the attempts of the colonial government to present agricultural plans and labor policies as efforts to bring about social and economic development for colonial subjects and profit for colonial investors. In the long term, these efforts provided both a justification and a scope for the colonial venture. Fostering intensive farming and commercial agriculture, development planning institutionalized forced labor, disrupted the local production of foodstuff, and made the colony dependent on foreign imports.

Again they were detrimental to the Somali's. The companies were owned by Italians and that's where the profit went.

I literally just rescinded my famine claim you mong. Somalia had the usual cash crop monopoly rule on it that's famous for causing malnutrition in the general pop. Add to that Somalia would rely on imported produce setting it up to crash and burn when it entered the world market.

Screenshot_20211023_101710.jpg

Screenshot_20211023_101851.jpg

The plantations produced cotton (the first Somali export crop), sugar, and bananas. Banana exports to Italy began in 1927, and gained primary importance in the colony after 1929, when the world cotton market collapsed. Somali bananas could not compete in price with those from the Canary Islands, but in 1927 and 1930 Italy passed laws imposing tariffs on all non-Somali bananas. These laws facilitated Somali agricultural development so that between 1929 and 1936 the area under banana cultivation increased seventeen-fold to 3,975 hectares. By 1935 the Italian government had constituted a Royal Banana Plantation Monopoly (Regia Azienda Monopolio Bananeβ€”RAMB) to organize banana exports under state authority

ourworldindata.org is a list of official data dameeryahow kulaha there aren't any famines registered. At least the kacaan had the foresight to record this shit instead of leaving us to sift through colonial sources. You think in an increase in cash crops, blockades, conflicts and relying on food importation hasn't caused any increase in malnutrition? Drought coupled with bad agricultural policies or conflicts will no doubt affect the population. South Sudan is the best example of that.

Screenshot_20211023_094740.jpg

Your qabil got bummed by a bunch of Italians for protection and instead of being ashamed of it you go out of your way to defend it because of pride, like I said your qabil leaders had the moral integrity of a crackwhore and so do you. My self image is good, I don't try to hold a population getting kufsi'd as something to be proud about because you don't want to lose the little pride you have. It's like a kufis victim trying to tell you mala kufsin, for all the talk about fickle shit you're yet to acknowledge cadaan saviourskaygi inay ku isticmalen and abused you then ditched. Only this time you're subtly admitting it but trying to spin it as a good thing.

Kkkkk qurbojoog o dad gumeystey ka faanayo ayaad tahay. Abtirsi o dhil0 iyo dad diig la'aan ayad ka imaatey, Go on keep defending the scum of the Earth that let their people live in rafaad for power nacaala donfaarka o ku dalay iyo a abahay o xaywaan kaas waasey yu yaal.

abdiqasim salad hassan was left alone. and omar arte qalib. while darod kacanists were hunted. no principles. lmao.
My family weren't even part of the government, the usc were looting and killing people based on qabiil not whether they were part of the government or anything.

Pretty much every aspect of Somalia was shit during colonialism. Like I said this is like a Congolese praising the Belgians for the little infrastructure they built. A bit of an exaggerated comparison but you get the gist.

Stupid comparison, Italians did not massacre Somalis whole sale and a lot of the agriculture products was consumed within Somalia itself. After independence Somali people nationalized all farms and corp production assets so yes they did benefit from it.

Again they were detrimental to the Somali's. The companies were owned by Italians and that's where the profit went.

Detrimental kulaha Somalia had no agriculture base to begin with those prime farmland would stay a bush if it wasn't for Italian investment. Does producing food and exporting half of it is worse than 0 production from the first place? Your very own source says:

A β€œGrandiose Future for Italian Somalia”: Colonial Developmentalist Discourse, Agricultural Planning, and Forced Labor (1900–1940)​

Was there some negative aspect of Italian investment? Sure but it was a net positive going by figures of Banana, Sugar, Maize & Sorghum exports of that period.

Banana constituted half of Somalia's export, almost self sufficient in sugar maize sorghum and 20% of the population worked in agriculture sector.

Italy banana.JPG

Banana production.JPG

Banana export.JPG

Sugar production.JPG

Banana export2.JPG
20% work in agruculture.JPG
Food production.JPG

ourworldindata.org is a list of official data dameeryahow kulaha there aren't any famines registered. At least the kacaan had the foresight to record this shit instead of leaving us to sift through colonial sources. You think in an increase in cash crops, blockades, conflicts and relying on food importation hasn't caused any increase in malnutrition? Drought coupled with bad agricultural policies or conflicts will no doubt affect the population. South Sudan is the best example of that.

1- Yes official data by OWID yourown source, it registered Somalia you went back on it like the slippery cuntyou are. Classic doqon futada ka shikenaya. We're talking about Italian Somaliland not British Somaliland.

2- Italy invaded Somaliland in 1940, the so called drought happened in British Somaliland in 1911-13 during the Darawish civil war. So not only are you stupid but a liar as well. British retreated to Berbera signalling Darawish advance and clan wars during a severe drought. How does that have anything to do with Italians causing a famine in southern Somalia? This idiot is trying to rewrite history pining religious insurgency on Italian.

Darawish civil war.JPG

3- We're talking about Somalia not South Sudan so keep your conspiracies theories where the sun doesn't shine. Food production has increased and Somalis benefited from it directly or indirectly. You're talking as if Somalis were already food basket before Italians came what a pathetic argument. Delusional tard.

Your qabil got bummed by a bunch of Italians for protection and instead of being ashamed of it you go out of your way to defend it because of pride, like I said your qabil leaders had the moral integrity of a crackwhore and so do you. My self image is good, I don't try to hold a population getting kufsi'd as something to be proud about because you don't want to lose the little pride you have. It's like a kufis victim trying to tell you mala kufsin, for all the talk about fickle shit you're yet to acknowledge cadaan saviourskaygi inay ku isticmalen and abused you then ditched. Only this time you're subtly admitting it but trying to spin it as a good thing.

Kkkkk qurbojoog o dad gumeystey ka faanayo ayaad tahay. Abtirsi o dhil0 iyo dad diig la'aan ayad ka imaatey, Go on keep defending the scum of the Earth that let their people live in rafaad for power nacaala donfaarka o ku dalay iyo a abahay o xaywaan kaas waasey yu yaal.

What pride dumb f*ck do you think denying history and circle jerking over Italian past accomplishments is going to make Somalia a first world country. Can't believe this motherfucker go ahead tell me what Somalia produced after 1960 that does not have Italian fingerprints all over it I'll wait. God knows all your sources backfired khanis yahow futada lagu fuulay. Najis ibn najis nin cadaan ah ayoo farta futadad kaga haya oo ad leeh wuu ii kufsady ma arki karo. Nacala hoyada iyo abaha iyo reerkaga oo dhan futada laga haysto.

A city built by "High IQs" looks like New York, Zurich, Tokyo not Mogadishu.
The thread is titled

"Why mogadishu has the most developed private sector in Somalia "

But this jabootian brings in Zurich, New York and Tokyo lol

Mr Thailand of africa when we are discussing who has the cheapest prostitutes in the horn I'll make sure to @ you .

Trending