Why Jilbab is part of Somali culture

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
Note: I’m not against Jilbab and fully respect women who wears it.

I was thinking earlier about why Somalis wear Jilbaab and not the traditional Abaya like in most Muslim cultures.

It can be very attractive to women because of the long piece of clothing from shoulders to ankle and lets you customized it or wear cloured headscarves seperately so why are they not tempted by it or not influenced by other Muslim cultures?

Then I came up with a theory is that the average halimo has a steatopygia and they have a severe anterior pelvic tilt which makes their buttocks appear very large, revealing and the fats are mostly stored in there.

So, they needed an extra loose clothing to cover their backside, hips and everything around it to guard their modesty so the men can’t be distracted as it will cause too much fitna.

If a halimo wear an abaya, it will reveal the shape of their backside so it makes sense why they opt for Jilbab.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
Jilbab is not part of Somali culture. It never was. It’s a trend that developed post civil war.

Note: I’m not against Jilbab and fully respect women who wears it.

I was thinking earlier about why Somalis wear Jilbaab and not the traditional Abaya like in most Muslim cultures.

It can be very attractive to women because of the long piece of clothing from shoulders to ankle and lets you customized it or wear cloured headscarves seperately so why are they not tempted by it or not influenced by other Muslim cultures?

Then I came up with a theory is that the average halimo has a Steatopygia and a severe anterior pelvic tilt which makes their buttocks appear very large, revealing and the fats are mostly stored in there.

So, they needed an extra loose clothing to cover their backside, hips and everything around it to guard their modesty so the men can’t be distracted from the shape of their back as it will cause too much fitna.

If a halimo wear an abaya, it will reveal the shape of their backside so it makes sense why they opt for Jilbab.

Thoughts?
Not all have backsides but a rare few do

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
I have no problem with people who wear the jilbaab if they're doing it soley for Allah sake and they're hygienic but not to generalize we all know most Somali females wear it to cover up their bad hygiene, laziness and follow what other Hooyos wear is so embedded in our culture is impossible to avoid

I have no problem with people who wear the jilbaab if they're doing it soley for Allah sake and they're hygienic but not to generalize we all know most Somali females wear it to cover up their bad hygiene, laziness and follow what other Hooyos wear is so embedded in our culture is impossible to avoid
Very true minus the bad hygiene thing as i have never noticed it and yes they should wear abayas as it looks much nicer plus covers better

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Jilbaab is beautiful and always came across to me as uniquely Somali.

The Iranians have chadors.
iran_chadors.jpg

The Gulf Arabs have abayas.
c3995b480b4745f360189b29df7095a5--abaya-designs-dress-designs.jpg

The Turks have their own style as well.

hijab-styles-for-turkish-teenagers-girls+%284%29.jpg

The Afghans have their traditional burka.

burka-141298441A122DDF2DF.jpg

The Levantines have this.

stylish+and+Beautiful+Hijab.jpg

Africans call this a hijab.

f37493abcd884ab65b4b90ce757cd62a.jpg

And we have this.

jilbab-houda-pleat-sleeves.jpg

They're all very lovely and beautiful and elegant.

Jilbaab is beautiful and always came across to me as uniquely Somali.

The Iranians have chadors.
iran_chadors.jpg

The Gulf Arabs have abayas.
c3995b480b4745f360189b29df7095a5--abaya-designs-dress-designs.jpg

The Turks have their own style as well.

hijab-styles-for-turkish-teenagers-girls+%284%29.jpg

The Afghans have their traditional burka.

burka-141298441A122DDF2DF.jpg

The Levantines have this.

stylish+and+Beautiful+Hijab.jpg

Africans call this a hijab.

f37493abcd884ab65b4b90ce757cd62a.jpg

And we have this.

jilbab-houda-pleat-sleeves.jpg

They're all very lovely and beautiful and elegant.
Excellent

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit

They always mean mug when they see girls who wear headscarfs. Sis who told you to wear that 15 meter clothing? Lose weight, take a shower daily and you won't have to give attitude to random girls who don't know you. :lol:

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
They always mean mug when they see girls who wear headscarfs. Sis who told you to wear that 15 meter clothing? Lose weight, take a shower daily and you won't have to give attitude to random girls who don't know you. :lol:
is ignorance and following other somali hooyos like a sheep like your in America not in Baidoa style up a bit even if that means wearing multicoloured layers of hijab and long skirt... and beside wasn't minneapolis voted the worst fashion in all of America??

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
is ignorance and following other somali hooyos like a sheep like your in America not in Baidoa style up a bit even if that means wearing multicoloured layers of hijab and long skirt... and beside wasn't minneapolis voted the worst fashion in all of America??
?

jilbab was neva somali culture, its only last 30yrs due to the influx of jihadists.

already goin out o style in somalia.

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
upload_2019-5-14_7-48-39.jpeg

Trending

Latest posts