Why JC's victory will be beneficial for British Somalis + Somalis in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rt. Hon Jeremy Corbyn's win will be beneficial for Somalis in the UK

I've seen it first hand, I lived in London, moved out for 4 years and came back recently, the austerity program by the Tory gov has hit so many Somali communities.

There has been an increase in homelessness within the Somali community: JC pledges to build a million new homes over the space of 10 years, half of which will be council homes, therefore it would be easier and more affordable for Somalis to live in their houses.

Many Somalis have been put off from going to university, this is a big issue within our community, the tuition fees, which were trebled from Β£3,000 to Β£9,000 and now beyond, will be abolished if Jeremy Corbyn gets into no.10 immediately. This will mean that they will be able to go to university, without having to worry about the sin that is attached. They will also be able to work and gain the skills necessary to develop Somalia.

On the issue of Somali youth, they have been trapped into this "anti-establishment", if you will, mentality. They're fatalistic about their future, they do not see the point in achieving and therefore will go and join gangs, and so forth. (This is a generalisation based on what I have seen personally, and what others have explained) If JC wins, he will fund the police force, which means there will be better policing and will tackle the issues that face Somali/minority communities. This will be difficult because there is a lack of trust between black people and police, exacerbated by the BLM movement.

JC will also provide free school meals to all school children, which would also lift the burden and stress of some Somali families, especially lone parent families that suffer the most of this.

On Brexit: Once we leave the EU in 2019, the UK will then be able to forge relations with the rest of the world, and independently. This also means returning to the commonwealth, which they so shamefully abandoned when they joined the EU. Which also means increased trade with Africa, and a different policy with Somaliland, who knows? maybe the whole "ictiraafku wuu iman" movement could be sooner than expected.

But in all seriousness, it will be extremely beneficial for Somalis, on the issue of qaxooti, I do think it will be worse for them, as now the UK will not have to follow the same policies as the EU, so it could mean less migration and tahriib could slow down and so there will be more productivity at home.

This is a partially optimistic view, but mainly a realistic one.

Today is the last day to register to vote if you look at the performance of voter registration:https://www.gov.uk/performance/register-to-vote

You can see that 90.2k young people registered, just yesterday! This gives me more hope, as the youth are more hopeful and optimistic and have not been corrupted by disastrous right wing views.

Who knows? Maybe Somali reputation might change and we can drag it from the lowest of refugees to the most contributing migrants. One day.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Saxib Somalis are benefit thieves they will never contribute positively to anything.

Anyway there are many reasons I want to vote Labour and vice versa. There are also many reasons I don't want to vote Labour and vice versa. So for this reason I probably will not be voting.

Last edited:

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Sounds like excuses to me.

The one thing ilaahi declares war on in the Quran is not khamri or zina, it's riba.

Our nebi said riba has 73 types the least of which is equal to sleeping with your own mother.

Why is it seen as so evil? Because it is, the theft that is interest, my own cousin who's my age is 70,000 pounds in debt because of the current fee system for university, they turned students into cash cows that will guarantee them a future of slavery and debt.

It's not just a 'excuse'.

Gambar

VIP
The one thing ilaahi declares war on in the Quran is not khamri or zina, it's riba.

Our nebi said riba has 73 types the least of which is equal to sleeping with your own mother.

Why is it seen as so evil? Because it is, the theft that is interest, my own cousin who's my age is 70,000 pounds in debt because of the current fee system for university, they turned students into cash cows that will guarantee them a future of slavery and debt.

It's not just a 'excuse'.
There are other avenues of funding your education. Using riba is an excuse when some universities are affordable and if you score high you can get many scholarships. Sounds like excuses and malarkey for not attending university. These days you need more than a bachelors. I just graduated with two masters degrees and funded my education through savings, my husband, hagbad, grants, fellowships and scholarships.

If the U.K. has high tuition fees go to Germany, Norway, Sweden etc. and look up the fees, whether or not you can get scholarships, and get good grades. Of course you will be stuck with loans if you have a C average and score low on entrance exams.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
There are other avenues of funding your education. Using riba is an excuse when some universities are affordable and if you score high you can get many scholarships. Sounds like excuses and malarkey for not attending university. These days you need more than a bachelors. I just graduated with two masters degrees and funded my education through savings, my husband, hagbad, grants, fellowships and scholarships.

If the U.K. has high tuition fees go to Germany, Norway, Sweden etc. and look up the fees, whether or not you can get scholarships, and get good grades. Of course you will be stuck with loans if you have a C average and score low on entrance exams.

Not everything is easy as you say it is, I applied for 6 scholarships, 2 years and I'm still waiting. The job that I have now is good but Ive a way to go until reaching a suitable amount to pay for the fees, moving to another country now is different especially after article 50 was triggered in parliament.

Their gonna treat us like international students from outside Europe, so you'd have to consider rent, living expenses, it's easier said than done.

It is psychologically negative to see that your own government is monetising education for the benefit of the 1%. Those nations that make their universities free know their youth are the next generation, clearly Britain has forgot that.

:manny:

Gambar

VIP
Not everything is easy as you say it is, I applied for 6 scholarships, 2 years and I'm still waiting. The job that I have now is good but Ive a way to go until reaching a suitable amount to pay for the fees, moving to another country now is different especially after article 50 was triggered in parliament.

Their gonna treat us like international students from outside Europe, so you'd have to consider rent, living expenses, it's easier said than done.

It is psychologically negative to see that your own government is monetising education for the benefit of the 1%. Those nations that make their universities free know their youth are the next generation, clearly Britain has forgot that.

:manny:
Well you have to a plan. I always have a plan A-Z, A-D didn't work for me so I went to E which did. You have to make a way saxiib. I'm also an international student, I finished before being affected by the travel ban (although I'm Canadian born) because things change and policies change.

All I'm saying is riba shouldn't stop you, its a crunch. I won't mince words. Somalis will live in a government house, lie about their husband living with them, but claim they can't buy a home because of "riba". These excuses are just too convenient. I'm not staying you're making an excuse because you are working and you are getting work experience but the vast majority are dulsaar ciyaal mama.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Well you have to a plan. I always have a plan A-Z, A-D didn't work for me so I went to E which did. You have to make a way saxiib. I'm also an international student, I finished before being affected by the travel ban (although I'm Canadian born) because things change and policies change.

All I'm saying is riba shouldn't stop you, its a crunch. I won't mince words. Somalis will live in a government house, lie about their husband living with them, but claim they can't buy a home because of "riba". These excuses are just too convenient. I'm not staying you're making an excuse because you are working and you are getting work experience but the vast majority are dulsaar ciyaal mama.

I just hope maybe Corbyn gets elected that way I can just get on with it, if not then I'll carry on trying, by 25 if I still didn't go to university, I won't try any longer.

Gambar

VIP
I just hope maybe Corbyn gets elected that way I can just get on with it, if not then I'll carry on trying, by 25 if I still didn't go to university, I won't try any longer.
Try international schools, if you have good grades they will cover the cost of everything.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
I've heard the Tories are predicted to still be leading the polls but by a very narrow margin, like literally 1 percent, their majority in the parliament is under serious risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending