Why is the Human Soul so Mysterious???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Both Quran and Hadith say little about it.

Surah Al isra, verse 85 :

And they ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning the Ruh (the Spirit); Say: “The Ruh (the Spirit): it is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little

"Allah takes soul at the time of their death and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term." [Al-Qur'an 39:42]

If you could see when the wrongdoers taste the pangs of death and the angels stretch their hands out, [saying], 'Deliver up your souls. This day you will be awarded a degrading punishment.' " [Al-Qur'an 6:93]

So what is your understanding of the soul?

For me, i judge the Soul as the essence of a human, the arch characteristic that identifies the human. Like your finger prints. But since it is not an organ like the heart, what is it? A light? An undefinable energy unknown to human psyche? Here on the earth, the heart organ is treasured, judging by how many times the Quran mentions the heart. (132 times)

Last edited:

1. When it came to answer the third question all he did was say the following: “And they ask you, [O Muhammad], about the soul. Say, "The soul is of the affair of my Lord. And mankind have not been given of knowledge except a little." [Surah Al-Isra [17:85]]

And they ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning the Ruh (the Spirit); Say: “The Ruh (the Spirit): it is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little

For me, i judge the Soul as the essence of a human, the arch characteristic that identifies the human. Like your finger prints. But since it is not an organ like the heart, what is it? A light? An undefinable energy unknown to human psyche? Here on the earth, the heart organ is treasured, judging by how many times the Quran mentions the heart. (132 times)
I do also find it very interesting. Scientist are always looking for ways to prolong the human life using technology they have.
But I'm sure just freezing a persons organs once life has been taken away from them can't bring someone's essence back. There's something different a soul has that technology can't replicate.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I do also find it very interesting. Scientist are always looking for ways to prolong the human life using technology they have.
But I'm sure just freezing a persons organs once life has been taken away from them can't bring someone's essence back. There's something different a soul has that technology can't replicate.

Scientists who believe they can bring a dead person alive are insane. The reason it is a mystery is because God wills it. We cannot know anything about it. It is a sacred information that humans cannot know, i take solace in that!

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Interesting that according to the Quran we have our souls taken in our sleep. This serves as a reminder that death like sleep is not permanent.:wow:

"Allah takes soul at the time of their death and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term." [Al-Qur'an 39:42]

If you could see when the wrongdoers taste the pangs of death and the angels stretch their hands out, [saying], 'Deliver up your souls. This day you will be awarded a degrading punishment.' " [Al-Qur'an 6:93]

Allah kept that knowledge to himself. We know an angel breaths the soul into the embryo for a start of life. We can tell is separate from the body and just as it was breathed into it at the beginning of life for each human whilst inside their mother's womb, it will depart and leave the body at the time of death. We also know Allah spoke to the souls of all humans before each one came into the host body in this world. All souls affirmed and pledged to the worship and recognition of their creator that time, it is called the covenant which mankind in its entirety took before they were all born into this world.

Many of the unknowns in this world will become known in the day of judgement. For example, seeing angles, seeing heaven and hell, seeing all humanity on earth, seeing earth that is different from what it is today as mentioned in the Quran. Many of the unseen will be visible that day according to the Quran. The rules of physics will be bent as such that no one gets old and age is fixed at some number, unimaginably fast service that is linked to your thoughts, you think of it and desire, you get it immediately without saying these desires/thoughts loud etc. There is no greater truth-seeing than Allah himself and Allah's face will be visible to the people of Heaven.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Allah kept that knowledge to himself. We know an angel breaths the soul into the embryo for a start of life. We can tell is separate from the body and just as it was breathed into it at the beginning of life for each human whilst inside their mother's womb, it will depart and leave the body at the time of death. We also know Allah spoke to the souls of all humans before each one came into the host body in this world. All souls affirmed and pledged to the worship and recognition of their creator that time, it is called the covenant which mankind in its entirety took before they were all born into this world.

Many of the unknowns in this world will become known in the day of judgement. For example, seeing angles, seeing heaven and hell, seeing all humanity on earth, seeing earth that is different from what it is today as mentioned in the Quran. Many of the unseen will be visible that day according to the Quran. The rules of physics will be bent as such that no one gets old and age is fixed at some number, unimaginably fast service that is linked to your thoughts, you think of it and desire, you get it immediately without saying these desires/thoughts loud etc. There is no greater truth-seeing than Allah himself and Allah's face will be visible to the people of Heaven.

Very interesting. I like your rationalizing. Just as a soul/Ruh has been blown into a womb, so will the same soul/ruh be sucked out of an earthly body. I didnt know the part of covenant with Allaah swt before humans came to earth. That is news information for me.

Very interesting. I like your rationalizing. Just as a soul/Ruh has been blown into a womb, so will the same soul/ruh be sucked out of an earthly body. I didnt know the part of covenant with Allaah swt before humans came to earth. That is news information for me.

It is in the Quran.

(7:172) And recall (O Prophet) when your Lord brought forth descendants from the loins of the sons of Adam, and made them witnesses against their ownselves. asking them: 'Am I not your Lord?' They said: 'Yes, we do testify.' We did so lest you claim on the Day of Resurrection: 'We were unaware of this.'

This is the reason why human beings are inclined to believe in the divine unless corrupted by their own environment and cultures that counter the pure fitrah they were created in.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
It is in the Quran.

(7:172) And recall (O Prophet) when your Lord brought forth descendants from the loins of the sons of Adam, and made them witnesses against their ownselves. asking them: 'Am I not your Lord?' They said: 'Yes, we do testify.' We did so lest you claim on the Day of Resurrection: 'We were unaware of this.'

This is the reason why human beings are inclined to believe in the divine unless corrupted by their own environment and cultures that counter the pure fitrah they were created in.

Thats why when an atheist is about to die or sees something horrible, he says, "Oh my God" even though seconds ago he said he does not believe in God. I think that is the covenant

Thats why when an atheist is about to die or sees something horrible, he says, "Oh my God" even though seconds ago he said he does not believe in God. I think that is the covenant

Every human is a believer in times of crisis and atheists are no exception.We are all vulnerable beings who are surrounded by a more powerful and impacting world.

Sol

?
Will be interesting to see how topics like digital immortality will pan out in the future. Are you still the same person copied over or just a digital clone that's been coded to act the same as you? I'm in favour of the former as I doubt something as intangible as the soul can ever be interacted with as that's something in the realm of Allah and not us. Also leads on to topics like cryogenic freezing and suspended animation and I wonder how Islamic scholars will address such things.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Will be interesting to see how topics like digital immortality will pan out in the future. Are you still the same person copied over or just a digital clone that's been coded to act the same as you? I'm in favour of the former as I doubt something as intangible as the soul can ever be interacted with as that's something in the realm of Allah and not us. Also leads on to topics like cryogenic freezing and suspended animation and I wonder how Islamic scholars will address such things.

Solaris

Can I slap the bajia out of u?

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
How comes the Quran didn't describe the soul more

Its says it right there in the above Ayat Basra posted, that we are given limited knowledge of it.

The Ruh (the Spirit): it is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Its says it right there in the above Ayat Basra posted, that we are given limited knowledge of it.

The Ruh (the Spirit): it is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little

thank u kickz for answering. :)

If there’s soul, so science and modern medicine can control the so called soul. When a person is brain dead in a third world country like Somalia, they will be dead and be buried. If this happens in the wealthier and developed nations with modern equipped healcare facilities, by attaching machines to the brain, that person could be alive till it is switched off. Is there a “soul” or a brain? Do you know even indigenous religions like the Australian aborigines who practiced their religion of ‘The Dreamings’ much longer than monotheistic religions (50,000 years) believe in the concept of “soul”. Therefore, all mythological traditions believed in such a concept and not it is not something that Moses, Jesus or Mohamed came up with as a new revelation to the world.

You must have watched the Netflix movie called Altered Carbon? Dude, you should see that Asap. Utopia sci-fi where people can download their souls into bodies and live for centuries. I find human imagination and obsession with life and death quite fascinating and telling. In some ways, everything human beings do to advance their knowledge and self preservation speaks of their desperation to beat the odds they can not. Also, everything revolves around the powers of God. It always comes back to and stops at Allah. It is why I enjoy life and all I can do with my brain, to experience the joy in God's creations and gift to mankind in general.

Check that movie mate if you haven't.

If there’s soul, so science and modern medicine can control the so called soul. When a person is brain dead in a third world country like Somalia, they will be dead and be buried. If this happens in the wealthier and developed nations with modern equipped healcare facilities, by attaching machines to the brain, that person could be alive till it is switched off. Is there a “soul” or a brain? Do you know even indigenous religions like the Australian aborigines who practiced their religion of ‘The Dreamings’ much longer than monotheistic religions (50,000 years) believe in the concept of “soul”. Therefore, all mythological traditions believed in such a concept and not it is not something that Moses, Jesus or Mohamed came up with as a new revelation to the world.

People on life support are still alive so technically, machines hooked on to them do not extend life but provide help to their weakened body system. It is an alleviation of suffering a little. If these machines are removed, these people would still live to the amount of time meant for them to stay alive(minutes, days, months). No one lives beyond their time of death including healthy individuals who were laughing one minute and in the next split second killed by a bullet that came from nowhere. Death does not care about the state of your health, it will find you when it is time for you to die whether you are in bed, walking, working, sleeping or up in the air flying somewhere.

"But never will Allah delay a soul when its time has come. And Allah is Acquainted with what you do." CH-63-11

"Wherever you may be, death will overtake you, even if you should be within towers of lofty construction" ch-4-78 Building a bunker won't help.

People on life support are still alive so technically, machines hooked on to them do not extend life but provide help to their weakened body system. It is an alleviation of suffering a little. If these machines are removed, these people would still live to the amount of time meant for them to stay alive(minutes, days, months). No one lives beyond their time of death including healthy individuals who were laughing one minute and in the next split second killed by a bullet that came from nowhere. Death does not care about the state of your health, it will find you when it is time for you to die whether you are in bed, walking, working, sleeping or up in the air flying somewhere.

"But never will Allah delay a soul when its time has come. And Allah is Acquainted with what you do." CH-63-11

"Wherever you may be, death will overtake you, even if you should be within towers of lofty construction" ch-4-78 Building a bunker won't help.

Dr @Schematics

Once you are braindead you still need an artificial ventilator and without a ventilator to keep the blood and oxygen moving, there will no heart beat and it would stop very quickly, with an hour, you are on your way to the morgue. Soul is like God, the best surgeons and best scientists in the world could ne\ver locate it.

That should be the real soul.

Dr @Schematics

Once you are braindead you still need an artificial ventilator and without a ventilator to keep the blood and oxygen moving, there will no heart beat and it would stop very quickly, with an hour, you are on your way to the morgue. Soul is like God, the best surgeons and best scientists in the world could ne\ver locate it.

That should be the real soul.

People think medication and life support helps someone brain-dead stay alive when in fact Doctors know the person is medically dead already despite their hearts beating and and they are breathing with the aid of equipment. People are more familiar with and accepting the faster deaths such as the heart failure completely. In this latter case, the brain being medically sound is not helpful because the heart stopped, death is fast. So death is declared immediate. Brain-dead is Doctor-speak for saying "hopeless and will die soon" saxib. There is no life extension by being placed on life support system. It is waiting for the inevitable. They should let people die in peace and without hooking them up to some useless gadgets that give the appearance of help when the clock is really ticking towards the end anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts