Why is Somali architecture so ugly?

Based

VIP
Pre civil war architecture looked beautiful. Look at the half destroyed buildings in Muqdisho and you can see the beauty behind the cracked walls and dangling roofs. Even the abandoned villas from the 80s scattered around the city are majestic looking. Everything has been replaced by ugly colourful slabs of concrete.

Somalia has limestone mountains up north so we dont have to worry about expenses, and it’s natural, chemical free, and has good sustainability especially compared to bricks and mud.

Bricks are relatively inexpensive and can be mass produced. Most houses where I live are brick veneer homes, and for a reason.

Cutting stone blocks into bricks is incredibly expensive. You would pay through the nose for them.

Somalia is a low density open and big country, there should be houses with big gardens etc, should take advantage of the land, rather than building apartments all over the place, apartments are for higher population density countries like Japan, India, China etc not Somalia, low density housing should be the forefront and suburbs should be built. Plus we need better infrastructure, pavements roads etc which will easily make houses look attractive due to a improved neighbourhood.

Velœcity

Bosaaso iyo Qandala
Bricks are relatively inexpensive and can be mass produced. Most houses where I live are brick veneer homes, and for a reason.

Cutting stone blocks into bricks is incredibly expensive. You would pay through the nose for them.
True, fair point. Laakin I wish they had better architects cuz wtf is that

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Modern Somali architecture*

Pre-civil war was very nice because it took aspects from Italian-Spanish style but added a Somali twist to it
Italian Greek and Spanish architecture is influenced by Sumerian and Egyptian, which is influenced by north eastern Sudan (us)

we have a rich architectural history