Why is my skin tone so severely different?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
My skin tone is mad wierd wallahi, it looks so off. Good thing I’m a hijabi though so no one would ever notice.

My face hands and feet are far darker than the rest of my body why is that?

for picture reference:

My face, hands and feet are about the tone of this woman
2CE38575-5DEA-4410-899F-91778A746991.jpeg

While my neck down to ankles including my arms are of the tone of this woman
7E9FBDCB-3A3B-4C81-B225-4CA81201B413.jpeg

Why am I like this? I feel like the opposite of woman that bleach their skin. I’ve searched things up and I’m still stuck. Obviously the darker parts are the parts that hit the sun since I’m a hijabi laakin my female cousins don’t look like this, just a slight tan that goes away after the summer. But I look like this year round. I’ve only recently started wearing sunscreen so maybe it’s the UV rays? Idk honestly I’m no dermatologist.
:farmajoyaab:

I think you answered your own question. Those are the parts the sun hits therefore it will be tanned. Check back and see if wearing sunscreen makes a difference. If it really bothers you perhaps see a dermatologist. I doubt it's that bad we all have things we think are off about ourselves but no one else really notices.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I think you answered your own question. Those are the parts the sun hits therefore it will be tanned. Check back and see if wearing sunscreen makes a difference. If it really bothers you perhaps see a dermatologist. I doubt it's that bad we all have things we think are off about ourselves but no one else really notices.
No but my doc noticed though during my last check u”p, I didn’t care before but when my doc told me to come back for it (i havent gonw back bcuz im in turkey) I’ve become a bit more interested.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
my ass, back, stomach, neck and groin is this colour:
images (20) (238).jpeg

my face, legs, chest and arms:
Screenshot_20210710_151425_com.zhiliaoapp.musically_edit_62166443821763.jpg

My thighs are lighter :jcoleno:

Last edited:
my ass, back, stomach, neck and groin is this colour:
View attachment 192417

my face, legs and arms:
View attachment 192418

My thighs are lighter
Dude I suffer from the same problem. I went to a dermatologist and he was like what the f*ck...basically I’m literally light skin everywhere but my buttcheeks , inner thighs and knees are dhuxul. My face has a normal tan but my doctor said it’s not normal for my skin to vary like 4+ shades like that and he prescribed me some treatments but we don’t know what caused it.

Anyways OP just have a good skin care regimen. People tend to forget about their bodies when it comes to skincare. Use and AHA/ BHA soap to clear up hyperpigmentation. Also just because we’re black doesn’t mean we don’t need sunscreen guys...that will save you. Since we live in cities our skin is exposed to so many toxins on top of the sun so it’s good to use some sunscreen even though we have melanin.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Dude I suffer from the same problem. I went to a dermatologist and he was like what the f*ck...basically I’m literally light skin everywhere but my buttcheeks , inner thighs and knees are dhuxul. My face has a normal tan but my doctor said it’s not normal for my skin to vary like 4+ shades like that and he prescribed me some treatments but we don’t know what caused it.
mine extends to my neck and back and stomach. the shade difference is so big. I'm lightskin but darkskin at the same time :kanyehmm:

mine extends to my neck and back and stomach. the shade difference is so big. I'm lightskin but darkskin at the same time :kanyehmm:
Omg I’ll show u b4 and after pictures if you want. I’m literally so pale on most of my body like you can basically see all the veins on my face and chest. But my butt used to be very dark and my inner thighs. It would make me very self conscious because when I’d go to private beaches with my mom and aunts I saw that they never had that issue. I lost 50 pounds and went to a dermatologist and now it’s starting to clear up. He said it would take 3 months for the treatments to really work though. You might want to get it checked out sis...sometimes it can be a hormonal imbalance or insulin problems..they made me check for everything

My skin tone is mad wierd wallahi, it looks so off. Good thing I’m a hijabi though so no one would ever notice.

for picture reference:

View attachment 192405
View attachment 192406

Why am I like this? I feel like the opposite of woman that bleach their skin. I’ve searched things up and I’m still stuck. Obviously the darker parts are the parts that hit the sun since I’m a hijabi laakin my female cousins don’t look like this, just a slight tan that goes away after the summer. But I look like this year round. I’ve only recently started wearing sunscreen so maybe it’s the UV rays? Idk honestly I’m no dermatologist.
Vetiligo

By the way you described yourself we can all agree your peng laakin are we gona belive you on this annom ?
Atleast show a likkle pic of your neck or your thigh to make your looks believable .
4k Iska tuur abaay
@Qeelbax

Okay ladies don’t be self conscious let’s just all develop a good skin care regimen. Your butt can get darker due to friction on not taking care of it properly. We tend to always wash our faces for wuduu and just in general we take care of our faces. But our buttcheeks, knees, etc. we ignore those places. What you need to do is use an acid cleanser on your body at least twice a week.
The Mario Badescu A.H.A. Body soap, pHisoderm Anti-Blemish Body Wash or any of the CeraVe Acid Body washes are good. These are good to prep your skin. Then use a chemical exfoliant, scrubbing it just irritates it more. Use a lactic acid, mandelic acid, azaleic acid, etc. Sometimes you can find good lotions with these ingredients. Make sure to wear sunscreen because your skin might get more sensitive, but in general you will have more even skin. You guys should really consider going to a dermatologist, specifically one who is POC since they’ll know how to deal with your skin better.

Also take a look at your diet. My mom is friends with vegan mentally ill niggas and they brainwashed her so now we mainly eat a plant based diet and little to no simple carbs. We eat all sort of fruits but we haven’t touched bread, pasta or rice in a year. You should swap out rice for grains like quinoa. Rice these days are just calories but it does nothing in terms of nutrition and some of the rice gotten from Asian countries are actually fake😭😭you’re eating plastic. Our blood sugar levels are normal now and in general we look better. My Hoyo is older now and she has a thigh gap and abs. Her skin is great too. Obviously you don’t have to take it to our extreme, a balanced diet and a good skin care regimen should do the trick. Good luck loves !!

Okay ladies don’t be self conscious let’s just all develop a good skin care regimen. Your butt can get darker due to friction on not taking care of it properly. We tend to always wash our faces for wuduu and just in general we take care of our faces. But our buttcheeks, knees, etc. we ignore those places. What you need to do is use an acid cleanser on your body at least twice a week.
The Mario Badescu A.H.A. Body soap, pHisoderm Anti-Blemish Body Wash or any of the CeraVe Acid Body washes are good. These are good to prep your skin. Then use a chemical exfoliant, scrubbing it just irritates it more. Use a lactic acid, mandelic acid, azaleic acid, etc. Sometimes you can find good lotions with these ingredients. Make sure to wear sunscreen because your skin might get more sensitive, but in general you will have more even skin. You guys should really consider going to a dermatologist, specifically one who is POC since they’ll know how to deal with your skin better.

Also take a look at your diet. My mom is friends with vegan mentally ill niggas and they brainwashed her so now we mainly eat a plant based diet and little to no simple carbs. We eat all sort of fruits but we haven’t touched bread, pasta or rice in a year. You should swap out rice for grains like quinoa. Rice these days are just calories but it does nothing in terms of nutrition and some of the rice gotten from Asian countries are actually fake😭😭you’re eating plastic. Our blood sugar levels are normal now and in general we look better. My Hoyo is older now and she has a thigh gap and abs. Her skin is great too. Obviously you don’t have to take it to our extreme, a balanced diet and a good skin care regimen should do the trick. Good luck loves !!

Gona Copy and paste to send to wifey thank you minaa. One more thing, I have a dark spot on the tip of my nose how do I get rid of it ?

for picture reference:

View attachment 192405
View attachment 192406

I have exactly the same problem. My skin gets super red when it darkens. This is me with a heavy tan.
5DA6F025-5C9A-44A0-9CAA-9EEC0AAD2DFB.jpeg

This is my arm :
127B1BE4-6257-416B-B3BE-93168317DB27.jpeg

You need carbs in a well rounded diet. Just limit the amount of carbs you eat and make sure they're from a healthy source.

Gona Copy and paste to send to wifey thank you minaa. One more thing, I have a dark spot on the tip of my nose how do I get rid of it ?
The ordinary and the inky list are both affordable brands that sell a bunch of acids. Most of their stuff is 10-14$. Try purchasing one of their azalic acid, niancinimide or alpha arbutin serums. These will all clear up your dark spots. Just use a good cleanser and follow up with one of these serums. Make sure to use sun screen!

You need carbs in a well rounded diet. Just limit the amount of carbs you eat and make sure they're from a healthy source.
Most Somalis don’t eat the right carbs tho. Fruits are good carbs. Malawax, fried dough, and fake Chinese rice that has no nutritional value value is not going to do anything good for you. At least eat basmati or jasmine rice if you want some nutrition! And yeah no carbs is unhealthy I’m just saying try to limit your empty carbs because sometimes it can cause inflammation which makes your skin look bad.

Here guys. Watch this Somali dermatologist’s video. She has her own skincare line in the making btw! Mashallah ❤️❤️ But she explains why skin darkens, it has to do with irritation and other factors making your pigmentation cells more active than they need to be. She also mentions treatments!

Trending

Latest posts