Why is it a trend to marry the widows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ileen Somalis are cold-blooded.

Well, from my perspective, which was one where my old boyfriend had been dead not a year when I found out this happens from SL, I was pretty triggered. I don't remember the thread, but I think ppl like @Gambar remember how shooketh I was when I first heard of this custom :gucciwhat: There's something incredibly perverse about it. To think, in a different time and place, I'd have been essentially passed off to his brother just like that, like some kind of brood mare or something. Lakum daqan-kum :nahgirl:

Yaa salaam boyfriend-aa :farmajoyaab:

srs the widow still has the final say you know, to marry her husband brother. It would be act of charity from brother side not vice-versa.

Think of the alternative, growing old and alone with her kids who would be more likely to become ciyaal suuq is any better?

Tradition has a feminist version Viki . If wife died her sister is supposed to marry the husband.

Last edited:
Marrying widows is from the sunnah, even more so when you are related.

The children my brother leaves behind are my own, and financial support alone will not cut it, in fact the greatest support is on the emotional side while raising those children with her being a father to them, finance comes in third position. Throwing around money will do nothing.

Only a spineless man would abandon his own kin like this. Your not a believer unless you love for your bothers/sisters that which you love for yourself.

As for the wife that comes in opposition, the problem is always the spineless male, you either choose an absolute trash of a women in which case even strength won't help you, or your just pathetically weak, no smart religious women that is well taken care off in all departments would bring the nuke option to the table for this, absolutely no way.

It's the same reason why rich powerful man openly cheat and the wife stands by them with love and devotion, they are taken good care off, which is essentially all that matters to them, and we are talking about infidel women here with no concept of polygamy.

srs the widow still has the final say you know, to marry her husband brother. It would be act of charity from brother side not vice-versa.

Think of the alternative, growing old and alone with her kids who would be more likely to become ciyaal suuq is any better?

Tradition has a feminist version Viki . If wife died her sister is supposed to marry the husband.

I knew about dumaal but not this ("higsiin") - learned something new today.

I knew about dumaal but not this ("higsiin") - learned something new today.

Hagisim.JPG

Acctually the wife is not heartless the Guy whose more worried about a widow with 4 kids and considering marrying her knowing its gonna affect his wifes feelings is heartless

And whats the support? Dont you think shes got relatives whose gonna help her through the mourning phase
Are you muslim?

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Somali men don't even take care of their kids how the hell are they going to support and take care of their deceased brother's kids. Let's all be realistic for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts