why I will no longer argue with internet people

I have been feeling this for a while where I see someone spreading lies online and I struggle to talk them out of it.

Some of these topics include vaccines, the world being flat and even trying to explain to some people why marital rape is wrong is difficult. These arguments should be so easy to debunk and yet you can never talk someone out of it. I think generally when people are online they are not looking to seek out complex information nor understand it. Easier answer with simple slogans are preferred. Also, people are always twisting your words and looking for gotcha moments. I don't experience stuff like this in real life, people in the real world are more likely to listen and use nuanced arguments. Should I just give up?

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Nope! Just refrain from engaging with those with obvious agendas if you feel like the conversation is going nowhere just don't reply. I used to think people were trolling with some of their views but they are just sick so why waste your time with such people only focus on those who can be saved.

:rejoice:

You don't find it entertaining?

We have people on this website who believe you can understand all women by reading Reddit or an amazon book which costs $6.99. It's scary that they can counter the colossal evidence that the world is not flat by citing a 3-minute youtube video made by some weirdo in his shed in Alberta.

They question everything and are dubious by all experts, in the future, we will have people online who think the world is a simulation and will commit crimes believing they are not doing any harm since we all do not exist. This is where we are going. In fact, I would be surprised if these people do not already exist.

The Internet is a large platform where everyone can express their own views, if you don't like what their saying, simply ignore it and move on. Its not rocket science.

I have been feeling this for a while where I see someone spreading lies online and I struggle to talk them out of it.

Some of these topics include vaccines, the world being flat and even trying to explain to some people why marital rape is wrong is difficult. These arguments should be so easy to debunk and yet you can never talk someone out of it. I think generally when people are online they are not looking to seek out complex information nor understand it. Easier answer with simple slogans are preferred. Also, people are always twisting your words and looking for gotcha moments. I don't experience stuff like this in real life, people in the real world are more likely to listen and use nuanced arguments. Should I just give up?
People on the internet look to win an "argument" instead of honestly discussing about a certain topic. No matter what you say, they will always be right.

In rare occasions, you do see people who will admit when they were wrong about something. However, that won't happen most of the time.

Nope! Just refrain from engaging with those with obvious agendas if you feel like the conversation is going nowhere just don't reply. I used to think people were trolling with some of their views but they are just sick so why waste your time with such people only focus on those who can be saved.

:rejoice:
Sometimes they will say something which is the opposite of the truth such as "black people have it easier than white people" and you have no idea whether they are trolling or they genuinely believe this. You can only understand if they are trolling halfway through the discussion when they present their evidence which is usually some conspiracy theory from a racist website. By then, the sunken cost fallacy kicks in where you have given them too much time to give up halfway through. These trolls are very skilled.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
It's a free country huno, people can say what they want. Always best to drop your 2 cents and keep it stepping. Have a good "Good Friday" ;.)

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
We have people on this website who believe you can understand all women by reading Reddit or an amazon book which costs $6.99. It's scary that they can counter the colossal evidence that the world is not flat by citing a 3-minute youtube video made by some weirdo in his shed in Alberta.

They question everything and are dubious by all experts, in the future, we will have people online who think the world is a simulation and will commit crimes believing they are not doing any harm since we all do not exist. This is where we are going. In fact, I would be surprised if these people do not already exist.
5G causes coronavirus is a very real belief many idiots hold

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Sometimes they will say something which is the opposite of the truth such as "black people have it easier than white people" and you have no idea whether they are trolling or they genuinely believe this. You can only understand if they are trolling halfway through the discussion when they present their evidence which is usually some conspiracy theory from a racist website. By then, the sunken cost fallacy kicks in where you have given them too much time to give up halfway through. These trolls are very skilled.

There is no such thing as sunken cost fallacy for me my shaqo la'aan capacity has no limits. If I felt I was getting trolled I'll reverse it back to them and take some time from them before they notice how far I've moved the goal post.

:mjlol:

Also it kinda depends where this argument is taking place certain sites I don't bother since I know they come preloaded with agendas. The sites I frequent constantly get raided by white supremacists ites so I know the tell tell signs of bait lol. I just hope normal people can see what is happening and don't fall for it , so it's better to drop why it's nonsense and not entertain any follow up questions.

5G causes coronavirus is a very real belief many idiots hold
5G's dangerous because Huawei/CCP chinks want to monopolize the tech and build all the 5G infrastructure in most of Europe. Leave our 5G conspiracy theorists alone sxb, they're doing god's work burning down cell down and shit :ftw9nwa:

Trending