Why haven't a president ever tried banning khat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
If your in a powerfull position why not ban it than to please everybody?

Sure there will be a public backlash

Mudane Hassan Sheikh tried that and the country went stir crazy, khat is literally the third largest employer after livestock and farming.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
You can't just downright ban something like a popular drug. It can lead to a black market for khat and thus more crime. Look at what happened in America when alcohol was banned. It needs to be a slow and careful process

Mercury

VIP
You can't just downright ban something like a popular drug. It can lead to a black market for khat and thus more crime. Look at what happened in America when alcohol was banned. It needs to be a slow and careful process

Sure but just imagine how much work and progress Somalis will do without Khat

There wasn't any qat in the market when I visited Hargeisa in 1966. Pretty sure there was none south of Dhussamareeb in 1967, as there was no evidence of it during a visit. I am guessing the deluge had to wait for local airstrips after the militias got going. Does anybody know?

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
There wasn't any qat in the market when I visited Hargeisa in 1966. Pretty sure there was none south of Dhussamareeb in 1967, as there was no evidence of it during a visit. I am guessing the deluge had to wait for local airstrips after the militias got going. Does anybody know?
:shookgabre: How old are you sxb?

the president gets a cut of the profit from jaad, upto 30% of the profits go to him. XSM made tonnes of money, he built an $8 million mansion in turkey.

Mercury

VIP
the president gets a cut of the profit from jaad, upto 30% of the profits go to him. XSM made tonnes of money, he built an $8 million mansion in turkey.
Haram money he built with the drug money just like Pablo Escobar

Haram money he built with the drug money just like Pablo Escobar

It's not true. Hassan Sheikh collects a generous amount of money from the government, 4K a month. He built that mansion with the really high salary he got for being president of the most dangerous country in the world at the time.

Mercury

VIP
It's not true. Hassan Sheikh collects a generous amount of money from the government, 4K a month. He built that mansion with the really high salary he got for being president of the most dangerous country in the world at the time.

Did his salary reach 8 million??

Even Obama in office could dream about that

Did his salary reach 8 million??

Even Obama in office could dream about that

Yes he got a couple of million a year. Obama has secret services to protect him, an army, is leader of the most dangerous army on earth. He doesn't need compensation for governing America, Hassan does.

Khat is a double edged sword. It serves as an opium to the population and a barrier to the development of both the individual and the state. But it also retards the economies of Ethiopia and Kenya :drakelaugh:

Do you know how much power that gives us. We have their farmers by the balls. The only crop worth cultivating for Ethiopia after the coffee bean is khat. We can either exploit this relationship or be exploited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending