Why don't Somalis speak Italian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
In Djibouti, they still speak French unfortunately & they even made Arabic official as well lol.

Somali & Afar have a lower status as Native languages than those foreign languages.
:francis:

France has a huge military base there with thousands of troops.

Also, French is somewhat relevant in Africa for business/trading purposes.. Italian not so much.

This explains why French is still popular in Djibouti while Italian has died out in Somalia.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
In Djibouti, they still speak French unfortunately & they even made Arabic official as well lol.

Somali & Afar have a lower status as Native languages than those foreign languages.
:francis:
Mental enslavement is scarer than physical atleast you can see you're enslaved in the physical one

Apollo

VIP
But they speak like they're still slaves.

Francophone_Africa.png

I know one half Malagasy half Djiboutian Somali in real life.. :mjlol:

R

Also, French is somewhat relevant in Africa for business/trading purposes.. Italian not so much.

This explains why French is still popular in Djibouti while Italian has died out in Somalia.
It's also a lingua francas. lots of francophone countries in Africa are ethnically diverse. for example, in the Ivory Coast, you have the Dioula and Baoulé people who have their own native languages so when they are trying to communicate together they use French.

Ramen

🌸
Italian is gaalo language. We, the somalis should not learn that disgusting language!!. We shouldnt learn somali either.
Arabic is the perfect language for us somalis!!!!!!!!!
Also
f*ck djibooty:mjlaugh:

Apollo

VIP
i'd learn the Italian language If I wanted to waste time. such a useless language and shithole country

It's modern-day simplified Latin (Roman Empire).

You get to know all the difficult Latin words used in English. Many academic sounding English words are based on simple Latin roots/prefixes/suffixes.

Th French aren't the only foreign power that have a military presence & i'm sure you're aware of that. Anyways economics aside, Djiboutians are largely a spineless people & lack self-esteem, hence why they made foreign languages official & relegated their own native languages as inferior.

At least, the North Africans have some pride in themselves by not making French an official language. Whereas, the West Africans are mental slave dogs of the French.

Djiboutian french ass-lickers have brought shame to the HOA.

Last edited:
Somalis that were school educated prior to 1972 are fluent in Italian.

Older Somalis still use Italians when speaking to others of their age like how we would use English.

Apart from picking up girls, I have no real care for the language and it has no relevance to Somalia today.

Keeysan

The humble one
Don’t know about Italian but if german was spoken by some countries here I’d be disgusted.
No beef with the people but the history in their colonies was :idontlike:

VIP
Th French aren't the only foreign power that have a military presence & i'm sure you're aware of that. Anyways economics aside, Djiboutians are largely a spineless people & lack self-esteem, hence why they made foreign languages official & relegated their own native languages as inferior

Djiboutian french ass-lickers have brought shame to the HOA.

It's called a lingua franca, hoyadaa wasee

The lack of self awareness in the last sentence is incredible

:siilaanyolaugh:

Does anyone think that after Italian was removed, Somalia was unable to produce the educated, westernised academics it once had?

Prior to 1972, Somalia was producing thousands of educated Italian fluent Somalis and sending them off to Italy and Switzerland for education. After that, Somalis were no longer being taught any European languages at school and thus their ability to integrate into European nations let alone go to university there was hampered.

While Barre may have had great intentions with removing Italian, I feel like Somalia needed to have a language like English as the medium of education.

Apollo

VIP

The lack of self awareness in the last sentence is incredible

East Africa is English-speaking zone (even in Ethiopia & Eritrea it is the #1 lingua franca):

1024px-The_British_Empire.png

French is for West Africa, Djibouti is the odd one out.

The lack of self awareness in the last sentence is inctedible

Your people are still french ass-lickers lmao.

Your people made French...a foreign language official and relegated your own native languages to an inferior status wecelyahow.

VIP
East Africa is English zone:

1024px-The_British_Empire.png

French is for West Africa, Djibouti is the odd one out.

And how would somalis and afars understand one another without it?

What's the difference between speaking english or French, since we were colonized by both?

Your people are still french ass-lickers lmao.

Your people made French...a foreign language official and relegated your own native languages to an inferior status wecelyahow.

It's not my fault your ppl are too low I.Q to learn a foreign language. Take that one up with allah, ma nigga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts