Why don’t Somali men rush to join the modeling industry? Why is it so rare for them to join but common for Somali women?

How do you guys know this man’s sexual orientation? He has not disclosed this online. You are just assuming this based off how good he looks.

Dressing nice ≠ homosexual.

Furthermore, there are countless straight men in the modeling industry. If you think sexual abuse against men is that prevalent, how come we haven’t heard more stories about it impacting straight men?

And why do you act like a model doesn’t have any agency or boundaries? They may not have the power in their hands at the start of their career, but when they become well-known and profitable they are able to be selective with the agents and photographers they work with.

It’s fine if the modeling/fashion industry is ran by gay men. They have patrician’s taste in looks and style so I am not surprised they run that shit.

My main point was, why are you guys okay with Barkhad Abdi representing you even though he probably represents like 0.0001% of Somali men (even the ones back home with no healthcare don’t look this bad) but you take issue with male models representing you?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The power of media representation is everything. Let’s not downplay how it can psyop people into believing certain narratives.

@Abdisamad
@Javelin
@Keep it a boqol
@AMusee
I never said he was gay. Straight men are infact targeted the most by gay men. The reason why they don't talk out about the abuse is because they have been silenced and paid off plus it would be embarrassing to admit in the first place as a man. Most would take it to the grave and if they talk they will be torn down and blacklisted.
This happens in the movie industry aswell. Actresses get roles from directors based on the favours they do him which is why many women come our years later once they no longer are hired to talk about there abuse that got them hired and put them in the lime lights in the first place.

All these industry are ran by having connections if you don't got any then your way in is to do unsavoury things for people higher up who will then become your connect.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
#stoptheslender

We're all barkhad abdi :icon e smile:

View attachment 279106

I feel so terrible for him. If he saw the way people speak about him online it would destroy him.

He’s miskeen. I don’t hold any resentment towards him for getting that bag. But he needs to stop if he respects his ethnic group. This has escalated.

It’s just disappointing that he is now the image of the males in our ethnic group when his looks are a direct consequence of being born in the middle of a civil war and famines. It hurts me.

Male model is a degenerate homosexual profession and you need to be top 0.01% aesthetics to qualify. It’s not something any gl guy can just do.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
Somali men come in two types, either ultra feminine or ultra masculine

Sooooo was this supposed to be insightful?

You mean like men of literally any other ethnic group? Feminine and masculine people exist in both genders in every ethnicity.

Last edited:
I’ve always wondered this. It would easily clear up racist allegations that you all look like that man who was born in the middle of a civil war, malnourished in his infancy, and deprived of a good quality life in the formative and developmental years of his life?(Sorry to Barkhad but there’s a reason why his jaw and teeth are so fucked up.)

View attachment 279070

I found this gorgeous model called Najib Abdi. He represents classic Somali features. He radiates like our ancestors.

View attachment 279072

From my understanding, he lays low and Somalis don’t pay attention on him. I don’t even think they know about his existence and work.

What do you think is the underlying reason Somali men don’t join the industry? They could easily take advantage to fix their reputation and make an easy bag. Their features are sought out for among black people. I don’t get it. Why is Barkhad going around representing the worst of you but the best of you aren’t rushing to be represented?

View attachment 279082

View attachment 279080

View attachment 279074

View attachment 279075

View attachment 279076

View attachment 279078

View attachment 279079

But seriously…where does the stereotype that Somali men are ugly but Somali women are beautiful come from? Do people think beauty in an ethnic group is only possessed by one gender?

I understand 99% of Somali men are god fearing muslims but if you want to better the lives of your children growing up in the west and protect them from getting bullied you have to care about superficial matters like representation like gaals do. It just comes with the territory of living in the west.

Here is his instagram account. https://instagram.com/najibtima45?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
Cause they’re ugly. This guy is 1 in 100, the average Somali men isn’t cute let alone attractive. Let keep it real!

Mozart

You need people like me
Modelling doesn’t pay much for males. Pietro Boselli was my lecturer for a first year module and he seemed to make his money away from modelling. The number of famous non-hijabi Somali models who were born in the west is also next to nil.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
Cause they’re ugly. This guy is 1 in 100, the average Somali men isn’t cute let alone attractive. Let keep it real!

Nayaa stop lying. I see men like him in my city all the time.

And besides, no such thing as someone inherently ugly. As the saying goes, you’re not ugly you’re just poor.

Nayaa stop lying. I see men like him in my city all the time.

And besides, no such thing as someone inherently ugly. As the saying goes, you’re not ugly you’re just poor.
Nah, cadaan men kill them in looks from here to Saturn. The ‘attractive’ Somali guy you see is rare, good luck with that.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I never said he was gay. Straight men are infact targeted the most by gay men. The reason why they don't talk out about the abuse is because they have been silenced and paid off plus it would be embarrassing to admit in the first place as a man. Most would take it to the grave and if they talk they will be torn down and blacklisted.
This happens in the movie industry aswell. Actresses get roles from directors based on the favours they do him which is why many women come our years later once they no longer are hired to talk about there abuse that got them hired and put them in the lime lights in the first place.

All these industry are ran by having connections if you don't got any then your way in is to do unsavoury things for people higher up who will then become your connect.
I’m supposed to believe this is a straight man. This guy is clearly not muslim and not heterosexual
IMG_8551.jpeg
what man would talk about “eating me” other than a homosexual?
IMG_8552.jpeg

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
Nah, cadaan men kill them in looks from here to Saturn. The ‘attractive’ Somali guy you see is rare, good luck with that.

BA8D14D1-D75F-4135-8F30-2C063BD71B0C.jpeg

I like ajanabi men too but come on have some respect for your people. You’re one step away from worshiping them. Get up off the floor!

You know that there’s an equal amount of beautiful, average, and ugly people in every ethnicity, come on.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
I’m supposed to believe this is a straight man. This guy is clearly not muslim and not heterosexual View attachment 279118what man would talk about “eating me” other than a homosexual?View attachment 279119

First picture is an orchestrated photoshoot.

Second picture is a meme abayo.

I can cherry pick photos of him with ajanabi women but why would I? Let’s not disrespect this man by guessing his orientation. It’s not our business. That wasn’t the point of this thread.