Why does this only happen in Hargeisa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where a man marries two women at the same time in the same venue. It only happens in that particular city, not even elsewhere in Somaliland. Is it a culture of Hargeisaawis?

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
@Shamis This isn't hargeisa it's arabsiyo. This sort of thing tends to happen in gabiley arabsiyo etc. Haven't heard of it happening in hargeisa

I thought Arabsiyo was greater Hargeisa, that's what the video link said.

Yeah, but there is a cultural divide in Hargeisa. It's where the huuno culture of the northwest meets the hawd culture of the south. Arabsiyo is Northwest of Hargeisa. Place like Arabsiyo, Gabiley, Boorama, Jigjiga, Zeylac and all the way up to Djibouti are part of the huuno culture. This includes the Sacad Muuse, Gadabuursi, Ciise, and the small Daarood clans around Jigjiga like the Bartire and Abaskuul.

South of Hargeisa you get the Hawd culture. Places like Salaxlay, Baligubadle, Daroor, Gaashaamo, Dannood and Buuhoodle. These are the Ciidagale, Arap and sections of the Habar Yoonis, Dhulbahante, Ogaadeen and Habar Jeclo.

I've only seen these type of marriages in the huuno zones.

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
Yeah, but there is a cultural divide in Hargeisa. It's where the huuno culture of the northwest meets the hawd culture of the south. Arabsiyo is Northwest of Hargeisa. Place like Arabsiyo, Gabiley, Boorama, Jigjiga, Zeylac and all the way up to Djibouti are part of the huuno culture. This includes the Sacad Muuse, Gadabuursi, Ciise, and the small Daarood clans around Jigjiga like the Bartire and Abaskuul.

South of Hargeisa you get the Hawd culture. Places like Salaxlay, Baligubadle, Daroor, Gaashaamo, Dannood and Buuhoodle. These are the Ciidagale, Arap and sections of the Habar Yoonis, Dhulbahante, Ogaadeen and Habar Jeclo.

This explains why jigjiga yar in Hargeisa is less conservative whereas south Hargeisa is more conservative

Fascinating!

I can barely handle one woman and a few side-chicks and this one is marrying them putting legal straint on him :farmajoyaab:

He'd be brave if laws didn't treat women as second-class birth machines :samwelcome:

Huuno zones :ftw9nwa: where did you come up with that? Btw there are Sacad Muuse subclans in hawd such as around Harshin.

You're acting like these marriages are commonplace when they're very rare.

Last edited:
Huuno zones :ftw9nwa: where did you come up with that? Btw there are Sacad Muuse subclans in hawd such as around Harshin.

You're acting like these marriages are commonplace when they're very rare.

I didn't say they were commonplace, just that the few i've seen were from the huuno zones. And yes, some of the Sacad Muuse, like the Reer Samatar and Reer Liibaan have more in common with the Hawd clans than the Huuno clans.

I didn't say they were commonplace, just that the few i've seen were from the huuno zones. And yes, some of the Sacad Muuse, like the Reer Samarter and Reer Liibaan have more in common with the Hawd clans than the Huuno clans.
Explain the difference between Huuno and Hawd cultures. This is a pretty interesting way of dividing reer Waqooyi.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Explain the difference between Huuno and Hawd cultures. This is a pretty interesting way of dividing reer Waqooyi.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Differences in accent and vocabulary, differences in food, differences in traditional Somali dances, differences in temperament and differences in mode of subsistence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending