Why does Somalia still import food?

Why does Somalia import food from Kenya and Ethiopia? We have enough land to feed 500mjllion people. Are Somalis too proud to farm?
Yes. They all want to be nomads. How you gon’ eat if there’s no food that’s been planted? Traditionally, those from the lesser tribes and jar eer weyn are farmers and the other Somalis look down upon them.

We are so lost!

Rageedi

Life | Liberty | Property
Yes. They all want to be nomads. How you gon’ eat if there’s no food that’s been planted? Traditionally, those from the lesser tribes and jar eer weyn are farmers and the other Somalis look down upon them.

We are so lost!
I didn't know farming was looked down upon. My family on my father's side are farmers and we weren't looked down upon

Without developing Agriculture in Somalia it’ll be hard for Somalia to be able to achieve industrialization. If we the government does not focus on developing land and methods to farm and cultivate food, we are doomed to keep wasting money on importing food when we can export it to several coastal cities along Africa.

But before that there needs to be serious land reforms that incentivize farming.

Al shabab controls a large part of the farming lands. I think the notion of Somalis looking down on farming is not as big as you guys make it seem.

KKKKKK AHHAHAHAA SO FEEDING YOURSELF AKA FARMING IS LOOKED DOWN ON WALLAHI I ASK GOD SOMETIMES WHY DID YOU CURSE OUR PEOPLE SO BAD HERE'S THE KICKER SOME SOMALIS ARE SO IGNORANT THEY THINK EATING FISH OR SEAFOOD IS LOW AND FOR LOWLY PEOPLE

ITS INSANITY PEOPLE WHO ARE STARVING WONT EAT SEAFOOD THIS IS MORE OF NORTH THING CRAZY

I BEEN TO MALAYSIA AND INDONESIA THE AMOUNT FOOD THEY HARVEST IS BEAUTIFUL AND FARMING IS SO NOBLE AND BEAUTIFUL AND SOMALIS CAN DO IT IF THE ARABS IN THE DESERT ARE GROWING FOOD ENOUGH TO FEED THEIR PEOPLE WE HAVE NO EXCUSES AND SOMALIA IS NOT A DESERT ITS SEMI ARID

SIDENOTE SO MANY SOMALIS LIVE IN MALAYSIA

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Shaxaad culture mixed with aqoon naceeb iyo kibir.
Dadkeena dont like to save or make money, just spend like some aid junkies. This is especially true in Puntland.
Atleast koonfurta beero leeyihiin. Laakin dadka puntland wa dad cajiib ah. ciid bay wada cunaan haddana inaay ku adeegsadaan bay rabaan. Caqligaan xagee ka shaqeesa?
If they dont fix up, the future of puntland will belong to oromada, eelaygu iyo Madowweynka.
Wax ma dhisaan, beera ma falaan, xooluha ma xiraan. Fuquro kibiray oo siyaasi kahadlaan wax ka daran inaaysan jirin.
Waqooyiga waxaa dhishay wa qabyaalad.
Koonfurta, dadka way ku fiiqayaan adaa nool ah

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Fgs should allocate funds based on fertile land gedo has the potential to be the bread basket of Somalia.
Gedo would be eaten to the bone within 10 years. Every gobol should be aiming to feed themselves by growing foods suitable to their climate. That way, inter-gobol trade can happen and everyone is happy and full.

Gedo would be eaten to the bone within 10 years. Every gobol should be aiming to feed themselves by growing foods suitable to their climate. That way, inter-gobol trade can happen and everyone is happy and full.
Allocating benefits for farming should help Somalia and the destigmatization of hard work in general

Trending

Latest posts